Topic 4.2 Firelands Top 25 Progression
Edited by Asterion on 11/8/11 5:57 PM (PST)
LAST UPDATE: 11/08/2011
[ RAGE OF THE FIRELANDS ]
LEGEND–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––| • Hardmode – Normal |
• In an attempt to keep this thread less cluttered, better curated and easier to update, only the top 25 guilds on the server will be listed.
• This thread will follow Blizzards requirements for guild kills: a minimum of 8 guild members in a 10-man raid and a minimum of 20 guild member in a 25-man raid.
• In the spirit of the changes Blizzard has made regarding raid lockouts and difficulty, there will be no distinction made between 10-man raids and 25-man raids. A progression kill in a 10-man raid will be counted as the same as a progression kill in a 25-man raid.
• Guilds will be ranked based on the order they have killed progression bosses in normal modes and then heroic modes – i.e. if guild A has downed the first 2 bosses of a raid in normal and heroic mode they will be listed below a guild that has downed the first 3 bosses of a raid in normal mode and only 1 boss in heroic mode. Even though guild A may have downed more heroic bosses, guild B is still ranked above because they have progressed further into the content. Normally each boss in a raid is more difficult to down than the previous boss (with some exceptions) and as such, guilds will be ranked based on their progression into an encounter, not just the number of kills.
• Guilds that post kills on the same day will be ranked based upon the time of those kills as listed on the WOW armory.
• Guilds have been initially ranked and listed based upon their progression from the 4.1 progression thread found at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074097707.
Edited by Asterion on 6/28/11 11:23 PM (PDT)
UPDATES AND ERRORS
• Posts in this thread will be checked daily, Monday-Thursday and posted kills will be updated for listed guilds.
• Rankings will be updated every Monday.
• Each raid post will include the last date it was updated.
• If you notice an error in this thread please notify me. I will attempt to correct any and all posted errors as soon as I am made aware of them.
GUILD REMOVALS AND ADDITIONS
• This thread is to document the progression of the top progression guilds on the Nazgrel server and as such only the top 25 guilds will ever be listed at any one time.
• Guild removals and additions will take place on Sunday evenings when the guild rankings are updated.
• When the progression of un-ranked guilds surpasses that of currently ranked guilds they will be given a ranking based upon their current progression.
• Ranked guilds will be removed if and when their ranking drops below 25 due to previously un-ranked guilds being added.
• Should a guild disband or the majority of their raiding team depart said guild, they will be removed from this thread as soon as possible, provided no other raiding teams remained in the guild. Should other raiding teams exist in the guild, the thread will be adjusted to reflect that raiding teams current progression.
• Should a guild cease to raid for a sufficient period of time as their lack of raiding is mentioned in this thread, that guild will be put on notice for removal. A notified guild will have three (3) weeks to resume raiding. If a notified guild does not resume their raiding within the three (3) week period they will be removed from this thread. Should a guild removed through this process start raiding again their rank will be placed at the end of their progression group.
CREATION OF NEW GUILDS FROM EXISTING GUILDS
• Guilds created by members of guilds already listed in this thread will be treated as any other new guild.
• The resulting new guild will not receive automatic credit for their previous guild's kills.
• The resulting new guild will be ranked according to their kills after the date of their formation.
• Those kills which are achieved through mixed guild raids, where no one guild has met the threshold required of a guild run, will not be accredited to any guild.
• Posted kills which are achieved through PUGS will only be listed provided they meet the following criteria:
1) At least 8 members in a 10 man group and 20 members in a 25 man group, the core of the group, are consistently present for the run.
2) The core group shall consist of characters that do not consistently raid with their current guild.
3) Members of the core group shall not be a member of a guild already listed in this thread.
4) The PUG must raid a minimum of two weeks before being listed in this thread.
• PUGs meeting the criteria to be listed in this thread will be added on the Sunday immediately following their second week of raiding.
• Listed PUGs must consistently maintain their core raiding group from week to week in addition to keeping up with listed guilds in order to maintain their spot on the thread.
POSTS IN THIS THREAD
• This thread is for tracking the progression of Nazgrel's top raiding guilds, as such you should keep your posts on topic and refrain from extraneous discourse as much as possible.
• Guilds are encouraged to post their progression whether they are currently ranked or not.
ARCHIVAL PROGRESSION UPDATES
You can access the first tier of the Cataclysm expansion's progression updates in the following thread:
You can access the Wrath of the Lich King expansion's progression updates in the following thread:
Edited by Asterion on 6/28/11 11:25 PM (PDT)
METHODOLOGIES LAST UPDATED 6/28/2011
Changed to reflect that updates have mostly been happening on Mondays. For the foreseeable future I will be updating this thread every Monday.