Point Conversion Sellback Policy

(Locked)

1 Worgen Mage
Could we get some clarifications from you Bashiok, please. No matter when you buy the items, the day before, 2 hours before, 3 months before, and they all have a timer on them because you logged off with it trying to be clever, it will be erased and non refundable?
85 Draenei Shaman
This also completely confuses me. The way this CM said it, they think that this "two hour window" of selling back an item ticks down while logged out. You can have bought an item a year ago, and stopped playing the game, and when you come back the item will still say it has 2 hours left until being sold back.

It sounds like mentioned by someone else, if you just buy it THREE hours before the realms go off line, then you can still sell them back to the vendor, since they are only going to get rid of the timer on items bought 2 hours before the realms go down. Overly confusing. You should just say you are going to get rid of this window for selling back items completely on all items with this patch.

what they really need to do is allow it to be sold back for justice points instead of going thru this headhead!
100 Night Elf Rogue
06/25/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Boomshacka
Knew this was coming as soon as people started posting on EJ and AJ about doing this.

Proof that Blizzard reads other forums!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Personally, Blizzard should've had this kept under the rug. Could've been a laugh on there part seeing all the ragers post on the forums bout VP gear not selling back for VP lol.
Community Manager
06/26/2011 11:14 PMPosted by Whalez
Could we get some clarifications from you Bashiok, please. No matter when you buy the items, the day before, 2 hours before, 3 months before, and they all have a timer on them because you logged off with it trying to be clever, it will be erased and non refundable?

Correct. All refund timers are wiped while the realms are down.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/27/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Bashiok
Is this something new? Back before Cataclysm released, and before the prices were adjusted for level 85 gains, I had purchased Heirloom gear to use for leveling a goblin. I'd kept it on my bank alt and had not logged into that character until I was ready to make my goblin. When I did finally log in to retrieve the Heirlooms after Cataclysm had launched, they still had 1:45 left on the refund timer and were refundable for the updated, greater price.
100 Goblin Shaman
Is this something new? Back before Cataclysm released, and before the prices were adjusted for level 85 gains, I had purchased Heirloom gear to use for leveling a goblin. I'd kept it on my bank alt and had not logged into that character until I was ready to make my goblin. When I did finally log in to retrieve the Heirlooms after Cataclysm had launched, they still had 1:45 left on the refund timer and were refundable for the updated, greater price.

They didn't do it this way originally because at the time- heirlooms were purchasable with JP- not VP. VP just came out with Cata launch)- therefore one could not just purchase something of the highest point level just to return it when Cata launched. And I'm pretty sure you could get JP's from doing the regular daily (this was before they made it possible to get JP's from the bosses in regular 85 dungeons). So it wouldn't have that much of an effect on people (you got to keep your Jp's from Wrath to carry over to Cata anyways).

Bliz figured people would try and exploit the system by purchasing something that cost VP the day before so they could get a "one up" on the next tier of VP gear.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/27/2011 12:26 PM PDT
86 Dwarf Paladin
Damn you, Blizzard. You thought of my clever plan.

At least I can buy my T11 chest for ret a few hours earlier, now that I've seen this.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Items purchased within the two hour window before the release of 4.2 will lose their ability to be sold back to the vendor when the realms are brought down for maintenance. No refunds will be granted for items purchased during this time, either by the in-game vendors, or our support departments.

06/27/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Bashiok
All refund timers are wiped while the realms are down.

That's a sensible policy. So why do two blue posts refer twice each to the irrelevant two-hour time window?
Edited by Karmelit on 6/27/2011 6:52 PM PDT
100 Worgen Druid
Changing the refund to be the new currency would be the right way to do it; since the old honor gear would no longer even have a price, you wouldn't be able to get any refund. Stuff purchased for Conquest points would be refunded in Honor (if available for Honor; if no longer available at all, no refund).

In other words, just refund it for the current price, if there is a current price. If the problem is that the refund price/currency is stored with the item, then during the update change the refund price on conquest to honor, on honor to no refund. Seems like it's about the same difficulty as clearing the refund timer.

Is the timer-clearing only for honor/conquest/justice/valor? If I buy something with TB points, JC or Cooking tokens, can I still get a refund?
Edited by Growltiger on 6/27/2011 10:09 PM PDT
90 Orc Warlock
I presume they would, since bash mentioned all refund timers will be wiped.
85 Night Elf Druid
" To ensure you don’t purchase the wrong item with the inability to sell it back, we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases."

Ok according to the refund policy I bought items as instructed well before the 2 window in your example, now since the servers are back up the items can not be refunded? I purchased these items yesterday and logged off? Is this a bug or what?
Edited by Kertang on 6/28/2011 12:18 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
The only thing that bugs me about this one is my littler toons (70's) had justice points which they earned in raids. they had between 10 and 30 depending on the toon, they got jipped really bad by the force sell for gold, but I figured ok, thats fine. I checked them today to see their justice points are gone, when I ran an instance I was given honor points on my lvl 70 toon, the heirloom vendors still sells stuff that caps at 80, which our lvl cap is now 85. And there is still stuff available in Shatt for lvl 70 epics........granted most of us dont bother lol, but my point here is how can you buy it now if they took all your justice points. I was checking my points to see about getting heirloom pieces, but which them costing over 2k jp, I haven't bothered with getting anything since the conversion. I am a casual player and I enjoy the old raids (zul gurub was one of my faves actually) and I'm not asking to make it easier for the casual ones like me, I'm asking if we already have something like the justice points, why take them. I got gold for the lvl 70 emblems on my dk, mage, pally, hunter, and druid and was told about the conversion to justice points. I ran a few raids since on my hunter and my dk, both in lvl 70 range. I thought it was awful that jp in kara were so much lower than the emblems. I used to get 25-30 emblems in karazhan in a run, this went to 11 due to some content being removed from kara (servents quarter contained 3 bosses that were pulled) and this was left with you get 1 jp for each boss. I checked my hunter today: I got 6 honor points for the 10 jp she had, and originally she had almost 400 emblems and was given a small amount of gold to compensate her for it.........how is this fair? My 70 toons can run stuff for jp to loose them.......huh?? Granted changing everything to jp made sense because we have advanced and the emblems in kara and the other 70 raids were useless. I had tons of those emblems on my pally and druid so I was happy when the conversion happened......now it seems we are being short changed. I think we should only be able to sell our jp and valor point items to vendor for gold only. no refunds, if you bought it your stuck with it. heirloom items should be the same way if you chose to sell those. I am not happy with the heirloom pieces going from being 1k emblems to over 2k, that i thought was pretty messed up as well.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]