Resto PvE healing guide (6.0 updated)

(Sticky)

85 Night Elf Druid
08/18/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Dirtdog
U suck and dont deserve MVP or the right to write a guide

Personally, I'd like to see your reasoning and logic behind this statement. Complete with facts and empirical data.

Go ahead, I'll wait.......

Also,

*You
*don't
*nor
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/18/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Dirtdog
U suck and dont deserve MVP or the right to write a guide

rustled.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Updated for 5.0 with tentative information for level 85, as it was mostly geared towards level 90. I will update some of the missing pieces for level 90 (including the symbiosis placeholder & level 90 talent discussions) when things are more finalized.
Reply Quote
Patiently waiting for the servers to go up to check out my new goodies.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Disregard this post.
Edited by Ramonius on 8/28/2012 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So, I'm just curious. :3

You say the Blooming Glyph is only for PVP, does this mean we really cant make it work in PVE? I much preferred LB when letting it bloom was how it worked, and the thought of having this as an option again is lovely.

What's the difference in numbers we're looking at with letting it bloom vs. keeping it rolling? Especially in raid when tanks aren't my priority, LB seems to go wasted sometimes (although I realize that with the new LB glyph it will follow whoever I give it to)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
So, I'm just curious. :3

You say the Blooming Glyph is only for PVP, does this mean we really cant make it work in PVE? I much preferred LB when letting it bloom was how it worked, and the thought of having this as an option again is lovely.

What's the difference in numbers we're looking at with letting it bloom vs. keeping it rolling? Especially in raid when tanks aren't my priority, LB seems to go wasted sometimes (although I realize that with the new LB glyph it will follow whoever I give it to)

With the longer duration for lifebloom & the lifebloom glyph that lets you swap targets, it should overall be a lot easier to keep up lifebloom on your tanks (tanks always need more healing!). Shortening the time and letting it bloom wastes a lot of time & mana that you should be spending on something else other than stacking LB back up again.
Reply Quote
well, I learned in short order today that you should just take mushrooms off your bars. They are not worth casting as things currently stand. Also also back to the worst healing class for upcoming content due to no appreciable advantage in healing output over the other healers and being still severely weak in raid cds compared to the other healers.

That said we did get some nice quality of life changes with the new lifebloom and longer duration on our mastery.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Frigg, Shrooms at this point are helpful if you cast them on stackup points prior to the start of a fight or cast them during periods of significant down-time during a fight. Otherwise, don't use them in places where wild growth & rejuv is still going to do more for you.

Also, Ironbark is your tank damage mitigation cooldown.
Reply Quote
in a heroic encounter the only time to use shrooms is before the pull. Any other time it's not worth casting even during downtime, the mana used to plant the shrooms is better used elsewhere and there is always damage coming out.

Ironbark is pants compared to what other healers bring.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
If you have access to the beta forums, I'd recommend complaining about healing shroom design there (the healing forums is another good alternative to people without beta access). I agree that their implementation of healing shrooms leaves a lot to be desired.

One of the utility things that we're balanced around is Symbiosis (giving tanks another cooldown they can use on themselves).

I can't actually do anything to directly fix resto problems. I can just give the best advice I can about how to work with our toolset. Keep in mind that we're not really balanced around level 85 at all, so this month is going to feel more awkward.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Hi Lissanna

With the change to our mana pools and the fact that we now reach a mana "cap" at a certain level, is Ember Shadowspirit still the best meta gem?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yep, had my raid tonight and I absolutely can confirm without a doubt that healing mushrooms are absolutely positively utterly useless. Not worth any space on your bars.

I'd also say LOL @ tanking mechanics. Had to pick up a new tank for our run tonight from our guild and we could not even do Heroic Morchok. He got 1 shot on every stomp. (he was more than well enough geared for it...)
Tanks are taking incredible damage right now overall, regardless of type (DK's are doing slighly better)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Hi Lissanna

With the change to our mana pools and the fact that we now reach a mana "cap" at a certain level, is Ember Shadowspirit still the best meta gem?

Honestly, I didn't touch the gemming page for MOP because my life/schedule is too busy and it has to be thrown out in a month for level 90.

Icy Veins is recommending burning shadowspirit, though I'm not entirely sure how much it matters which you go with for the next few weeks. I'll add burning shadowspirit to the guide so you can choose. :)
http://www.icy-veins.com/restoration-druid-wow-pve-healing-gems-enchants-consumables
Edited by Lissanna on 8/30/2012 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Due to the capped mana pool and removal of regen from int rejuv spam just doesn't seem possible anymore...

Should we be relying on nourish more, or perhaps consider gemming further into spirit (meta, heartsong, purified instead of brilliant?)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Due to the capped mana pool and removal of regen from int rejuv spam just doesn't seem possible anymore...

Should we be relying on nourish more, or perhaps consider gemming further into spirit (meta, heartsong, purified instead of brilliant?)

you should at least be reforging back into the spirit that you took off your gear prior to 5.0. How much you want to invest in spirit versus nourish casting is up to you. You likely will need to rely on nourish more overall.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
sup
i always wonder who takes the time to write these things out
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Druid
Wild Growth got moved back to 76. :(

But I am glad I can use Swiftmend without taking off Rejuv/Regrowth HoTs. So far, leveling as resto has been super easy. I guess I will have to wait to max level to see how it really plays out. Haven't had to use ToL yet or Ironbark.

Also, I took Cenarion Ward but I am totally unsure for numbers how it adds up compared to other things. I'm playing with it to see if taking it over Nature's Swiftness is justified.

Also, clearcasting seems to happen more often. Maybe that's just me though.
Edited by Andreiah on 9/1/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
ummm...why is it a pally can outrun my druid..when im dashing....lot of cool stuff added with patch..but druids and rogues suck now.....dissapointed my 2 favorite classes ...and holy pallys doing more dps then dps...umm what were u smoking blizz...come on guys.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
09/04/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Hannibaall
ummm...why is it a pally can outrun my druid..when im dashing...

All the classes were given the ability to go faster or to slow people through their talents. So, paladins' level 15 talents give them speed boosts like we get (only slightly different talents than ours). You should take some time to get to know what new tools we got vs what other classes got.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]