Resto PvE healing guide (6.0 updated)

(Sticky)

MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
1. You can get an addons that help you manage the technique you use to heal. Regardless, you will need to look at health bars to heal people. Here is more info about healing addons (though a lot of other things on that page are out of date, the addon info is still good for Mists). http://restodruid.info/addons/helpful-addons/

2. Since it takes a lot of time to stack up lifebloom, you get more overall healing in PvE for rolling it. You also can't exactly time when it will bloom, so consistently letting it bloom will waste time and result in over-healing. There isn't really a point to the bloom part of it, though the bloom tends to be more useful in PvP (where you get stunned and incapacitated more and the burst is nice when you can't do anything).

3. Unfortunately, the answer to this is: Until you end the fight without running out of mana. If you are always ending fights with 50% or more mana, you could probably live with less spirit (at least in raids where you get to stop and drink). If you aren't killing things because you went OOM and the tank died, you definitely need more. Otherwise, it's really about personal preference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, i'm completely disapointed with pally and priest heals...
So, i was wondering how druids are healling... I cant stop seeing more and more of them in BGs...

Someone could elucidate it for me pls?

Ty!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well, i'm completely disapointed with pally and priest heals...
So, i was wondering how druids are healling... I cant stop seeing more and more of them in BGs...

Someone could elucidate it for me pls?

Ty!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/hps/ Healer standings in MSV

I can honestly say that I haven't done any PvP as resto so far in MoP, but from what I have seen, they're doing excellent in both arenas and BGs. I have also heard that MW monks are doing very well, too. Both in PvP and PvE.
Edited by Doc on 10/16/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello, I had asked a question about resto in the main forum and it wasn't answered, maybe that's because this thread is here :D

Anyway I'm new to druid, although I have admired them since vanilla, I've never taken the time to learn to play one.. but now I am :D

So I am currently resto / balance and just was curious about resto

#1. If I am casting a spell let's say regrowth, and OOC procs... will the spell about to be cast consume the OOC proc or will it be consumed by the first spell which is cast after it procs?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
#1. If I am casting a spell let's say regrowth, and OOC procs... will the spell about to be cast consume the OOC proc or will it be consumed by the first spell which is cast after it procs?

The spell you are currently casting will be consumed. I usually don't get OOC procs with regrowth because of the quick cast time, but it happens quite often when I'm using HT.

EDIT: just FYI, if you use NS while OOC is procced, NS will be consumed before OOC.
Edited by Helmet on 10/24/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Blizz keeps buffing Monks and aren't doing !@#$ to a resto druid. Yeah keep nerfing them into the ground blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
We had our time in t12 :P what goes around comes around
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey do any Resto druids feel mad about whats going on next patch? They increasing the CD on our really only big burst heal (nature swiftness) while monk healing is getting buffed? I do not really understand that concept. Monk Healing is way OP right now and there getting buffed? I mean just look at the charts 90% of the top healers are monks. Also, why are they the only class that has a really good "regain mana" move? Shamens mana totem now sucks but at least they have water sheild to help them out. Druids inervate is a joke because it gives you enough mana for like 5 heals. (Thats real helpful) I do not understand this concept. Can anyone explain their logic behind this? I agree with their decisions in nurfing dps warriors and hunters but not this healing. If you are going to nurf anything on a druid make it "call of the wild" or what ever its called. Im a Resto druid, not a feral on steriods destroying people in 5 seconds. lol
Edited by Kurrama on 11/1/2012 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
While I don't know that much about it, buffing Monks should seem...strange considering apparently how OP they are (I haven't raided, it just seems general consensus that monks are op) and that Druids could use a buff instead.

On a side note, how is my gearing so far? I've still got to do heroics but just like in terms of item choice and reforging I've gone for Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery. Should I be focusing in that order?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
At Hedera,

Reverse Mastery and Crit. Crit is almost useless.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
But otherwise my gear is alright?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/01/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Hedera
But otherwise my gear is alright?

I would recommend getting as close to 463 as possible before you start raiding.

Check out Noxxic for our stat priority:
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/restoration/stat-priority

Spirit > Haste (Breakpoint: 3043) > Intellect > Mastery > Crit
Edited by Moggsy on 11/2/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
For resto druids, Hamlet has been suggesting that we should still prioritize Int (especially when that comes in the form of higher Ilevels) over Spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/05/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Lissanna
For resto druids, Hamlet has been suggesting that we should still prioritize Int (especially when that comes in the form of higher Ilevels) over Spirit.

What is a good level of spirit/combat regen? i have 474 ilvl, prob around 8800 spirit, 10k combat regen, and almost 17k spell power. I seem to be able to manage mana in 10 mans, and usually do fairly well on healing, but some 25s (LFRs) i tend to have mana trouble. I dont like 25s, and only do LFR for VP and some gear i still need.
Reply Quote
12 Draenei Shaman
OK, so I have been converted to the glyph of regrowth brigade, and glyphed regrowth has completely replaced HT for regular use and OOC procs.

But I can't tell which is better for my nature's swiftness macro?
I may have the maths wrong, but it looks like the deal is glyphed regrowth hits for more than non-crit HT (plus the living seed you get from the regrowth) but a HT crit would be more. Am I wrong? Which is better for my macro with NS?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
OK, so I have been converted to the glyph of regrowth brigade, and glyphed regrowth has completely replaced HT for regular use and OOC procs.

But I can't tell which is better for my nature's swiftness macro?
I may have the maths wrong, but it looks like the deal is glyphed regrowth hits for more than non-crit HT (plus the living seed you get from the regrowth) but a HT crit would be more. Am I wrong? Which is better for my macro with NS?

Thanks in advance!

You are correct. I only use HT with NS now. It is more effective, but really in a pinch during a OSHI ! moment, both will do the job. (I have used regrowth with it out of pure habit, since I only use regrowth now)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Fact of the matter is that resto druids are clearly the worst healers atm, they don't compare to any other classes throughput, especially in 25 man, a good monk vs a good resto druid, monk stomps druid EVERY time. even shamans and hpals are beating us on almost every fight. Only fights like garalon are where resto druids are a good choice, we seriously need a buff badly, it's pretty sad that basically all of the "good" guilds are running no resto druids and still doing great, we don't even bring much to the table utility wise, a tranq which is comparable to a healing tide totem TALENT of a dps shammy, (lol), and a symbiosis on a spriest , oh and a 2 min 20% mitigation cd. hurray for us being the worst. buff plz.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Look at the charts and logs people, blizzard for some reason thinks druids are fine a tth emoment, they are not. they CANNOT DO 25 MAN EFFICIENTLY, WILD GROWTH NEEDS A BUFF. Nerfing the already-worst healing class in the game, are you kidding ?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
being HoT based has historically encouraged druids to abuse the out-of-combat mana regen more so than other classes with several: zero mana solutions to steal more and more when the raid is not in the heaviest damage phases.
unless you're already at 4 piece t14 I would recommend you avail yourself of the season 12 pvp 4 piece set if you, like me are into mana thievery
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]