Resto PvE healing guide (6.0 updated)

(Sticky)

100 Tauren Druid
11/12/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Páradox
Nerfing the already-worst healing class in the game, are you kidding ?

What? Patch notes please. All I can find is a change to symbiosis and a minor glyph.
Reply Quote
35 Draenei Priest
Version: 5.0, level 80 MOP release (9/23/2012)
How to heal as an 85 restoration druid in Mists of Pandaria.

I found a typo, Lissana. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I was wondering how well would mastery stacking be compared to the way mr.robot is having me reforge. ATM, i have 20,555 spell power, 7.15 % haste (3038 rating), 11k mp5 (no spirit reforges, 3 320 spirit gems, and 7 split gems), and 20.67 % mastery (5121 rating).

I would be able to pick up 800+ spirit for the lose of some 100-200 spirit, 400 or so haste, and some crit (not a big loss)...from reforges, as well as getting spirit/mastery gems, if the spot allows and socket is good.

My biggest concern is, how good is mastery, when comparing it to haste and have slightly faster ticks (which at my level, probably isnt much). At my mastery level now, my rejuv is healing for 12,400 without Harmony up, and 14,900 with Harmony up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/30/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Arzô
how good is mastery, when comparing it to haste and have slightly faster ticks (which at my level, probably isnt much). At my mastery level now, my rejuv is healing for 12,400 without Harmony up, and 14,900 with Harmony up.

Gotta get that 3043 haste breakpoint. After that, spirit is the most essential stat until you can heal most boss fights without going oom, and then you want mastery :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i know im like 6 haste off, which i can get with a new gem, and spirit wise...i dont seem to have a problem yet with mana (except LFR which i hate), i only run 10mans, and it seems like as long as i keep my trinket up (the shadow pan one) as well as smart healing, and the occasional innervate, i have no problem. I was able to 2heal 4/6 MV (most healers prob can at my ilvl) without any problems with a priest healer (disc) equally as geared as me.

I keep seeing all these druids with 11k-12k spirit and wonder if its too much, granted they are raiding 25 mans i believe, or 10 man heroics.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
You definitely don't want to hang out 6 points below a haste breakpoint. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
ive actually upgraded my gear since last post. I was "testing" going with mastery "stacking" to see how it did...honestly, couldnt tell. But recently i upgraded my gear to get to the 21% raid buff haste mark, sitting at 6700 or so self buff haste. As for spirit, im currently right at 7k and dont seem to have any issues with regular MV (guild just cleared it) and HoF (pug group got 3/6). I guess from here it all about keeping my stats (haste, mastery, crit) around where they are and increasing my spirit. Mr.robot has my stats about the same compared to BiS stuff, just like 4k more spirit with BIS, which leads to my next question.

According to Mr. robot, the BIS weapon is the heroic dagger from heroic elite protectors in ToES. I know this isnt set it stone or what ever but, its a nice guide. But my main question is why? I know that it has more base spell power of about 500 or so, no spirit, little less crit but more mastery. But wouldnt being able to put a 500 int gem (sha touch) be a bigger upgrade?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
how come you're not level 90 :o? You retired form WoW? if so why're you still posting on the forums >.<!
Not that we don't like you here or something like that ;3
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
how come you're not level 90 :o? You retired form WoW? if so why're you still posting on the forums >.<!
Not that we don't like you here or something like that ;3

I had to take a mental-health break from my druid after 8 years of basically only playing druids. Right now, I have a level 90 mage that I'm raiding with (Lissanda on Elune). However, if I switched forum posting characters, no one would know who I was. lol

The leveling & healing guides are both written at a beginner level that doesn't actually require me to raid on my druid. I leveled to 90 on my Beta druid to test the mechanics prior to guide writing. For more advanced things, I defer to guides like Beru's EJ guide.

I plan on leveling Lissanna up to 90 over the holiday break so that if we have any major changes in 5.2, I have a character able to test them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/15/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Lissanna
Right now, I have a level 90 mage that I'm raiding with

I took a break and did the mage thing too for a month or two (I used to post around here as Moineau, balance spec) and then promptly leveled my druid back up...hopefully the break has done you well though! I'm glad to see you're still contributing like this!

Just curious, do you think it'd wise to use VP to upgrade the DMF trinket? I have my doubts about seeing heroic content any time soon with my guild, so I've been considering it.
Edited by Jupiter on 12/16/2012 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
12/16/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Jupiter
Right now, I have a level 90 mage that I'm raiding with

I took a break and did the mage thing too for a month or two (I used to post around here as Moineau, balance spec) and then promptly leveled my druid back up...hopefully the break has done you well though! I'm glad to see you're still contributing like this!

Just curious, do you think it'd wise to use VP to upgrade the DMF trinket? I have my doubts about seeing heroic content any time soon with my guild, so I've been considering it.

You should probably upgrade your DMF trinket if you don't expect to have better come your way any time soon. The Equip/proc bonuses on trinkets get upgraded along with passive stats.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for the awesome guide! :)

Profiled.
Reply Quote
28 Tauren Druid
Thanks for this!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey! Nice guide! I was looking for this yesterday.

Can I translate it and post on my forum? With credits, of course =)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Hey! Nice guide! I was looking for this yesterday.

Can I translate it and post on my forum? With credits, of course =)

Sure. Translated to what language?

It's been translated to a few languages over the years. What helps me the most is if: A) You link back to my stuff and cite where your information came from, and B) that you tell me where you are posting the info so I can keep some track of it.

I prefer links back to the blog version, since I can't see who links to the forum guide: http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-healing-guide/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/04/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Lissanna
Sure. Translated to what language?

Portuguese

03/04/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Lissanna
B) that you tell me where you are posting the info so I can keep some track of it.

I'll post on wow forum, when i said "my forum" i forgot native between "my" and "forum" :P

I'll begin translating on weekend, and once finished I'll post the link here!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Okay, thanks! The link would be helpful.
Reply Quote
Thanx so much for a very very helpful guide. I have leveled all the way up as feral but I want to heal at the end. Great info to get prepared!
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
Hello all!

One question. What is the recommended gear ilvl for heroics upon reaching 90?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Hi Mopps, you can start heroics whenever you meet the minimum ilevel for the instances and feel comfortable. You can actually do some scenarios first and get a little gear and practice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]