Resto 90 PvE healing guide (v5.4)

(Sticky)

90 Troll Druid
Hey Resto help forums. Ive been looking at this guide and trying to figure out my gear/reforges. I've hit 3072 haste but I've lost mastery for it. I have mana problems too (this is based on my experience doing garalon in HoF. I was oom and last on healing). I'm trying to make this my main healer but i feel like my monk is better at healing.

I was just trying to see if any of you could point out stuff im doing wrong or if its just a gear thing....or if its cause Monks > druids. Please help :D

( here is my monk http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Elanis/simple )
Edited by Julianie on 3/17/2013 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
1 problem is that you have SOTF. For your gear lvl, Incarnation is better. Also, i dont know how you are healing, or if its 10man, 25man or LFR, but if its LFR, dont rejuv everyone, you will oom in 2 sec. If its LFR, rejuv tanks and person doing kiting (garalon) and lifebloom kiter or the tank, what ever you want. Your mastery is low bc your gear is low, that will increase with gear, as will spirit/haste.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
You can always try skipping the haste breakpoint and going for more spirit/mastery until your gear is high enough to support that haste breakpoint.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Sorry! Shoulda been more specific. Its for my 10m raids. I picked SOTF for 50% haste on Wild growth on 2 tries before switching back to my monk. So from what Ive gotten is that gear will push me into more of a better spot for healing? That sounds to obvious heh....i thought i was being dumb on my part.

How i healed Garalon and most AOE fights is WG on cd, lifebloom on 1 tank, and revuj on people less then 60% health. Swiftmend is also on cd. I tried using shrooms but i couldnt get a good place with all the movement happening
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
At my current gear, is it safe for me to try and reach the haste cap? or what should i be focusing on at the moment?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Touchyfeely/simple
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm just curious, but which would be better glyph wise? Rejuvenation or healing touch? I've used both before, but I'm having a hard time deciding on which one is better.

I can see when rejuv would be useful to conserve mana, but at the same time HT would be useful because of the cooldown of Swiftmend is reduced.

Just hard to decide. >.< I'm guessing it's just a preference though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
while all of this info is very useful, is there a website for druids, maybe something similar to howtopriest?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
while all of this info is very useful, is there a website for druids, maybe something similar to howtopriest?

Restokin would be it.

http://www.restokin.com/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Could have some situational uses, especially after being substantially buffed in 5.2.

Not sure if you are updating this thread but cenarion ward is pretty useful now. It's good for tank healing and has a pretty short CD.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Does anyone know a WeakAuras script for for the new Legendary Meta so i can track it (or any addon that can track it)? I heard its slightly different from current clearcasting, in that its any spell for 4 secs. I'd love to capitalize on this and rejuv/regrowth when it pops, or ever wg.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Does anyone know a WeakAuras script for for the new Legendary Meta so i can track it (or any addon that can track it)? I heard its slightly different from current clearcasting, in that its any spell for 4 secs. I'd love to capitalize on this and rejuv/regrowth when it pops, or ever wg.

You may want to make a new thread to ask.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/27/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Lissanna

You may want to make a new thread to ask.

I was able to get it, thanks for the response though.

Any updates on 5.3 and what they may be changing that would benefit 10man raiding at all? I saw that Tranq will be buffed in 25mans, but not in 10s
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
PTR 5.3 Resto changes. (As of Apr 29th)

•Mark of the Wild had its mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 10%
-useful when rebuffing brez'd players

•Restoration version of the Treant now casts Swiftmend on the Druid's target when summoned. This version of Swiftmend does not require or consume a heal-over-time effect on the target.
-if you go that route(I personally don't)

•Ironbark now has a cooldown of 60 seconds, down from 2 minutes.
-Awesome.

•Swiftmend's area-of-effect component now heals injured allies within 10 yards, up from 8 yards.
-Better for 25mans or 10mans with enough melee to make this matter.

•Wild Mushroom: Bloom: Healing from this spell has been increased by 100%, which includes all bonus healing from Rejuvenation overhealing. In addition, the radius has been increased to 10 yards (up from 8).

-Buff is a buff.

Hope this helps.

-Ex
Edited by Exally on 5/2/2013 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, resto druids are getting some buffs. I should be able to integrate them into the healing guide around the time of patch launch if they give us advanced warning.
Reply Quote
Are there any math majors out there that have figured out if FON is now better than Incarnation? Having that extra efflorescence from the treants swiftmend is hawt... especially in situations where there are a lot of players grouped up.

There would be situations where one may be better than the other, but I'm trying to figure out which is the better "default" talent now.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Are there any math majors out there that have figured out if FON is now better than Incarnation? Having that extra efflorescence from the treants swiftmend is hawt... especially in situations where there are a lot of players grouped up.

There would be situations where one may be better than the other, but I'm trying to figure out which is the better "default" talent now.

So, the EJ thread and math supporting it is saying that FON doesn't win on the theoretical math side, and Beru is still recommending Incarnation first (which is consistent with what I posted).

The advice that I posted in this thread is probably the best advice I can give to newer players. If you weren't very effective at maximizing incarnation or SOTF, then it is definitely possible for FON to give you higher overall healing. However, FON isn't the default talent for high-end raiders. In the end, you need to choose what works the best for you. If FON's "set it and forget it" style is really what you need to be successful, then take FON.
Edited by Lissanna on 5/24/2013 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i see no point even trying to hit 6652 haste cap next patch since you lose so much mastery... maybe if u have full ThunderForge Heroic gear you could but yea i rather have the 3043 haste cap and more mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
06/27/2011 11:41 AMPosted by Lissanna
• Spirit – (secondary stat can be reforged) – Increases your mana regen. When you choose the resto talent tree, you gain more passive regen from spirit while “in combat”. This is the most important secondary stat and you should favor this over other stats until you can get your

NOOOO Finish your sentence @_@
Edited by Moocøw on 7/18/2013 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]