Resto 90 PvE healing guide (v5.4)

(Sticky)

90 Troll Druid
also I would have 27.77% mastery. Is that enough to make the hbp worth it?

as long as you have 4900+ mastery you'll be fine. But honestly, the sheer Quality of life improvement from going to the 13k haste breakpoint is worth it. Faster GCDs and Cast times/channel times for tranq.

As for build changes, not really. It's really up to personal preference on what trinkets, glyphs, and talents you use.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I must say first that this forum is Excellent for druid's learning to heal. I have been a resto druid for 4 years now and I love the math and number crucnhing to max out my toon.
With that said I have been debating for weeks now of whether to go to the 13163 haste breakpoint, Currently my raid team is 10/14 on normal Siege, I have a shad priest in my group, and I run at the 6652 haste point, because if I did 3043 I end up over the breakpoint so I was trying to utilize my stats the best. I have high mastery and very high spirit of which I never run out of mana in a fight.
I am nervous to change all the gems to try out the 13k breakpoint and then realize with the loss of so much mastery and spirit I am not as good in a fight because currently I am always the top healer on our team. I am nervous with the loss of spirit and running out of mana, and I am not sure how the loss of mastery will affect me.
My playstyle is pretty basic, I keep my green circle on the ground where most players taking damage will be (mostly melee&Tanks), I keep lifebloom stacked on a tank, and wild growth and throw out rejuv's all over the raid...I very rarely use genesis, I tranq when needed and of course use shrooms accordingly and swiftmend to keep mastery up, and I use regrowth when I get the mana free one to restack lifebloom on a tank.... etc etc.......

my Armory, my ilevel is 560...Just want advice on which is the best haste to be at because i have never tried past the 6652 one.

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Tamblo/simple

Base stats

Stamina 35142
Intellect 26247
Spirit 19791
Mastery 24.58%
Spell Power 39078
Haste 15.65%
Hit +15.00%
Mana Regen 28339
Combat Regen 17169
Crit 16.29%

Thank you

and Druidboii....I have been loving the info you have been giving people, so helpful!!!
Edited by Tamblo on 1/16/2014 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/16/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Tamblo
With that said I have been debating for weeks now of whether to go to the 13163 haste breakpoint

Follow the steps I posted on Page 16 of this thread for using askmrrobot to reforge/gem for you.

As for your mastery loss, the loss is worth the gain of getting to the 13163 haste mark.

As for spirit, there is no reason you need 19k spirit. I have solo healed every SoO normal fight except for spoils and have never needed more than 13k and a regen trinket. What you need to do is look at your playstyle. With more haste and less spirit you're throughput will drastically go up. And you will not need to spam rejuv so much.

Try trusting your healing partners and not rejuv spamming everyone who takes damage, until you get more comfortable with healing :)

add druidboii#1263 if you want any more lengthy tips
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Thank you so much Druidboii...
I will totally add ya to chat more on advice and stuff!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hey there,

I am currently 10/14h in siege with 563 iLvl. The rest of my raid is considerably more geared than I am ( I was a recent addition to help out my IRL buddy's raid - My main is a hunter.)

Anyway, we are currently working on heroic Thok.

I have been looking at jumping up to the 13k haste breakpoint but just wanted some feedback on whether my current gear supports this decision.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/29/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Slevd
I have been looking at jumping up to the 13k haste breakpoint but just wanted some feedback on whether my current gear supports this decision.

You definitely have enough gear! In fact, you're already sitting at 8000 haste over the 3043 cap. So adding 2k more haste is really easy.

Gemming:
Put a +320 haste gem in your staff
Put two +320 haste gems in your shoulder
Put a +320 haste into the prismatic socket in your belt
Put a +320 haste gem into EACH of your rings

Reforging:
Hands: Crit --> Haste
Waist: Crit --> Haste

Enchants
Hands: +170 Mastery
Back: Should really use Lightweave 3, instead of the spirit one.

This will put you at 13000 spirit, 8210 mastery, 13179 haste. A much better optimization :)

These values were pulled from Askmrrobot using the stat weights

Intellect = 1
Spirit (to 13000) = 0.75
Mastery(To 26.5%) = 0.79
Mastery(26.5%+) = 0.55
Haste(To 13163) = 0.80
Everything else set to 0.0

If you're unfamiliar with askmrrbot follow my post listed below: It's an awesome optimization tool.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721584806?page=16#318

If you want some advice for thok, it's really simple.

Keep efflo down, spam rejuv+WG using 2pc and OoC procs during P1's. During P2's limit healing as much as possible, make effective use of free efflo healing. Make sure your DPS are using Mana CDs for you. And that's about it, it's honestly a really easy fight once you get your healing rotation down. (Try and keep a raid CD up 100% of the time from stack 4 - 30)

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to add druidboii#1263
Edited by Druidboii on 1/29/2014 12:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
thanks for the advice!

I had intended to enchant my cloak with lightweave, I must've made mistake. Thanks for pointing that out too, I appreciate your help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/29/2014 12:43 PMPosted by Slevd
I had intended to enchant my cloak with lightweave, I must've made mistake. Thanks for pointing that out too, I appreciate your help.

I've been thinking, the 2000 int proc is good an all, but idk how often it would line up with a boss ability to make it effective. It may actually be better to use the spirit proc which can be converted into healing spells/abilities used when they're needed, efficiently.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, that makes sense.

Do you know how to set up the talent Incarnation: chose of elune/Tree of life in weak Auras?

I've been having some troubles tracking this one
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/03/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Slevd
Yeah, that makes sense.

Do you know how to set up the talent Incarnation: chose of elune/Tree of life in weak Auras?

I have the same issues, My Incarnation WA only works in resto for some reason.

I'll troubleshoot it tonight and edit this post if I can get it to work.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/03/2014 02:20 PMPosted by Slevd
Yeah, that makes sense.

It is a talent and has wonky spell ID.
Basically this...make a WA for it while in Resto. Spell name is ONLY Incarnation (sometimes Ill forget and add :Tree of Life - don't do this)
You will then have to switch over to Boomy, then essentially make the same macro with spell name only typed as Incarnation.
It will then differentiate between the two different Incarnations.

maybe there's a better way around it, but hey, Im lazy and not very WA privvy, I only use to track cooldowns, this works for me and it only takes 4seconds to setup said macro.
Edited by Tonydanza on 2/3/2014 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Does anyone know of any Druids in end-game raiding guilds that stream?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/05/2014 02:35 AMPosted by Slevd

Only one I watch is Fuzzii of Healerchat

http://www.twitch.tv/fuzziii/

Though she's on vacation until May...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Can you guys pls check out my druid and maybe give me am advice on how i can improve it stats? I was a resto shammy but because of guild problems, gearing up my druid.. Thanks!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/05/2014 05:17 PMPosted by Höts
Can you guys pls check out my druid and maybe give me am advice on how i can improve it stats? I was a resto shammy but because of guild problems, gearing up my druid.. Thanks!!

Use askmrrobot, it's an awesome tool. You just have to edit the weights to what suits you. (I did a "how to use AMR" back on page 16, while it was geared for someone at a higher iLevel the process is the same)

Since you don't have a regen trinket, or LMG I recommend 14k spirit.

What you need to focus on:

Haste: Get as close to 3043 as possible
Spirit: Get to comfortable (don't go over 14k, you won't need it)

After that just stack as much mastery as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I stream Tuesday, Thursday 7:30pm MST - We are 14/14H and have cut our 3 day raid week down to 2. I should be streaming next week, but it may be my turn to bring my alt enhance shaman.

http://www.twitch.tv/tinaree24

02/05/2014 02:35 AMPosted by Slevd
Reply Quote
39 Orc Warlock
I've recently started healing SoO LFR on my resto druid as a way to learn the ropes of resto (Vines?). I can heal most every fight fine, and I even end most fights with a little mana left. My one big struggle so far is healing the blue blobs in the Immerseus fight. While I can typically smother the raid in a nice soothing blanket of hots, this doesn't work for the burst I need on the blobs. A hot won't heal the blob fast enough before it reaches the center pool and detonates, a big heal won't cast fast enough (and even comes up short topping them off), wild mushroom blooms and swiftmends and forces of nature don't seem to handle them either.

I"m not a great healer. I'm not a great druid. But I do like knowing how a class and role work with fights. Without talenting in a particular way ("You need X talent for this!"), how do I increase my burst to handle these multiple targets with a limited window?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/08/2014 07:55 AMPosted by Hobb
how do I increase my burst to handle these multiple targets with a limited window?

What you need to do is make sure you're going into every "blue orb phase" with a fully charged mushroom.

Go to where a blue orb will land and place your shrooms down, then stand right on top.

When the blob lands pop your shrooms, this should heal the blob to full HP and give you the healing buff.

Cast as many rejuv's as you can on surrounding blobs.

Cast Genesis when you feel you've put enough rejuv's out.

And that should be all you need to do :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/08/2014 07:55 AMPosted by Hobb
how do I increase my burst to handle these multiple targets with a limited window?

Don't know if your druid is using SotF and HotW/NV, but either way Druidboii brings up some nice points. The shroom bloom is extremely helpful especially in the sense that you can prepare a big burst of healing right then and there. Another tip would be to use Nature's Swiftness and then a regrowth/HT on one of them. By this point the blob you're focusing should be moving extremely sluggish (and surrounding ones will be slow as well). If it still hasn't blown up and given you the healing buff, rejuv it > swiftmend > genesis > rejuv > genesis the SotF'd rejuv and wham.

TLDR: Bloom > NS + Regrowth > Get a SotF'd Rejuv and Genesis it (also throw out a wild growth whenever for the hell of it and slow down some more blobs)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]