Resto PvE healing guide 6.2

(Sticky)

MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
06/23/2014 11:59 PMPosted by Mackenzy
So, I'm not posting on my druid because his gear is kind of embarrassing, since I'm transitioning from balance to resto, but I have a question. I keep reading about moving the shroom, but how do you do it? Do you just recast it or am I missing something painfully obvious? Also, I remember way back when I healed Kara that resto had an actual tree form. Why did it get removed?

You can glyph to get a cosmetic tree form that's the old tree form graphic (if you want to look like a tree all the time).

For the shroom, you can just re-cast it to move it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
You may not know that there is a minor glyph for the mushroom that allows you to place it where ever you want.

I don't know why tree form got removed, though it was at the start of Cataclysm. When they re-did all the talents to a 41 point system, they put it as a 3m cooldown.
Edited by Krazyito on 6/24/2014 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
And I figured out the mushroom thing. I should probably start reading my spell descriptions, huh?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Since I don't feel like making a new thread just for some general questions I'm sure I should know the answer too, here it is.

This is my new druid, basically boosted him this past weekend. After reading this guide and given my gear, I should be gemming for a lot of spirit and mastery right? Until probably Flex gear then go for the 13k haste breakpoint? And I want to do CMs on this guy for the awesome transmog, is there a particular gear set or talents that are preferable for CMs? Or should they be doable in normal raid gear without changing gems? provided you have enough spirit through trinkets and stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
07/22/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Syntree
Since I don't feel like making a new thread just for some general questions I'm sure I should know the answer too, here it is.

This is my new druid, basically boosted him this past weekend. After reading this guide and given my gear, I should be gemming for a lot of spirit and mastery right? Until probably Flex gear then go for the 13k haste breakpoint? And I want to do CMs on this guy for the awesome transmog, is there a particular gear set or talents that are preferable for CMs? Or should they be doable in normal raid gear without changing gems? provided you have enough spirit through trinkets and stuff.

If you're just going for gold, normal raid gear with normal gems/reforging should be good. As for spirit, you really don't need spirit in CMods (Amber FTW!).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Fun fact.
if you use a SoF juiced regrowth to refresh your LB stack it gives the SoF haste buff to your LB tick = moar omen of clarity procs!

might be common knowledge i dunno. just noticed it during raid tonight and though ide share.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
07/22/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Syntree

Basically what druidboii said about CM's, I know I did all mine perfectly fine in my raid gear, and since it all scales down in ilvl anyways you can even farm LFR/flex/etc for the pieces you want. Go for the most gems you can since those don't scale down. Amber is your friend, very important.

As for your other part of the question, you're mostly right for the basic foundation. I'd go for the 6652 breakpoint haste at least, then go for as much spirit as you feel you need, then stack mastery. Once you get to the 550+ or so range (this'll depend on the stats you've managed to get on your gear too. Ex: All optimal gear stats will enable you to go for the 13163 breakpoint sooner than if you've only managed to scrape half your gear with crit b/c thats all you could get your hands on), you can head for that 13163 point whilst sacrificing some other stats, but if you feel like you're sacrificing a lot more mastery/spirit than you feel comfortable with, then you could possibly wait a little longer.
Thats the thing with healing (at least for druids atm), only the haste caps are set in stone, how much spirit/mastery you go for is more flexible to how much you feel is needed, though don't go way overboard with spirit (like the 21k spirit druid I saw once, lol), chances are at that point you need to reconsider your playing style. Though I saw a 580+ resto druid once with only the 3043 haste cap.... don't do that =P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So druids blanket the raid with Rejuvenate right? But does the druid have to maintain them or not?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
<3 Liss
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I have a question that is currently eating at my druid right now. What is the amount of SPI you think it is considered a "safe zone" or what is your preferred amount of SPI in which you feel "comfortable"?

Thing is, during Flex Galakras, people is being hurt a lot by the protodrakes before they can be down, plus, Skull Smash from a pseudo-boss (the one that chains and pulls you up to hit you with an AoE), and during those trash spikes like when Shamans piles up (in which I'm like the 50% healer at the counts), I run out of mana TOO FAST. I think my other problem is since I'm re-rolling from Balance to Resto, I still have many parts from my Balance set from LFR (and I'm too unlucky I couldn't update my belt and pants, since pants only drops at Paragons...). You can watch my current set and laugh.

So, I want to know which SPI is your "safety zone", at least for Flex (and maybe for normals). I saw that I can't spam Regrowth to save everyone from being killed (and today I realized Rebirth can only be used once in 10 man), and if I get a 10 seconds respite without healing, everyone is in danger (and my Innervate is always on CD). I also understand that I shouldn't be shouldering the healings of the raid all alone (it was either me on the ground or a healadin that couldn't keep his group alive at the towers), so, probably the other healers should do something too to help out. Whatever is the case, I want to now plain raw numbers and % if possible to have some target to aim to. I heard from a Shaman he has 15K SPI to keep up with his healings and that 10K should be enough for a Druid, but he wasn't sure, hence I'm here asking!

Thanks for reading :P
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Lynhowl
I have a question that is currently eating at my druid right now. What is the amount of SPI you think it is considered a "safe zone" or what is your preferred amount of SPI in which you feel "comfortable"?

With the 6.0 patch coming tomorrow, spirit won't be on very many pieces of gear, so you'll take whatever you can get on the accessories. There also won't be spirit enchants for gear. Mana regen has largely been re-balanced in light of these changes, so that we won't have to do things like reforge gear anymore. So, "whatever you can get" is the new "safe zone".

I'll try my best to get the forum guide updated tomorrow. I have a preview up on my blog:

Level 100
'http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-healing-guide/

Level 90
http://www.restokin.com/2014/10/resto-druid-wod-level-90-survival-guide-6-0/

I ran out of time to try and get the forum version finished today.
Edited by Lissanna on 10/13/2014 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i dont know about anyone else but Glyph of Rejuv is broken atm, glyph says have rejuv on 3 or more targets reduces the cd of healing touch by 10% but when you do this you get the buff and it still says reduces the cast time of nourish
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Hamlet says the glyph of rejuv is working, even if it says nourish incorrectly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for your continued support of the Druid class, Lissanna.

I'm really getting the idea that WoD healing will be more like vanilla healing... Rejuv/HT/Tranquility. It seems like Lifebloom/Wild Growth/Mushrooms have all been nerfed to discourage their use.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
10/15/2014 11:46 AMPosted by Barriemore
Thanks for your continued support of the Druid class, Lissanna.

I'm really getting the idea that WoD healing will be more like vanilla healing... Rejuv/HT/Tranquility. It seems like Lifebloom/Wild Growth/Mushrooms have all been nerfed to discourage their use.

The level 90 healing is a little bit messed up right now due to the fact that your regen is about double (or more) what it will be compared to your level 100 healing. Healing will feel a lot different at 100 than 90.

You are still going to use the other buttons. Wild Growth & Shrooms still provide substantial AOE healing for raid settings. You still want to use those buttons.

Lifebloom was actually buffed. You only have to hit that button once to apply the spell (it basically provides a three stack for one GCD), so you free up 2 spell casts each application.
Edited by Lissanna on 10/15/2014 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yay for mushrooms, yet ANOTHER HoT I have to upkeep frequently.

I'm tempted to switch to pally healing just for simplicity
Edited by Barky on 10/15/2014 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz has absolutely ruined Resto druids, this is not fun AT ALL.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
10/15/2014 09:27 PMPosted by Barky

Honestly, the resto druid maintenance at level 100 won't be any more complex than MOP healing was. You already had to keep up with Efflorescence for several years (it's not a new spell effect). All of MOP, you've had to manage shrooms. They actually made shrooms/efflo easier now than it was.

With the change to lifebloom, you don't have to worry about Lifebloom as much. If it blooms, you can just refresh it with one GCD and you got a nice bloom heal out of it. So, with Lifebloom not requiring any real attention anymore, you have the ability to focus on other things.

With some sort of addon helping you manage HOTs and cooldowns and such, I think resto druid healing at level 100 should overall be fine.

For the level 90 transition, I made a quick pre-patch guide that should smooth out the transition some:

Some of the new stuff in the full level 100 guide isn't relevant yet. However, they really didn't change resto healing all that much. If anything, they made resto healing easier (not harder). You have fewer buttons overall now; you don't have to manage symbiosis; lifebloom can bloom without punishment; the shrooms mechanic is more straightforward and takes less planning, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/17/2014 07:55 AMPosted by Lissanna
10/15/2014 09:27 PMPosted by Barky

Honestly, the resto druid maintenance at level 100 won't be any more complex than MOP healing was. You already had to keep up with Efflorescence for several years (it's not a new spell effect). All of MOP, you've had to manage shrooms. They actually made shrooms/efflo easier now than it was.

With the change to lifebloom, you don't have to worry about Lifebloom as much. If it blooms, you can just refresh it with one GCD and you got a nice bloom heal out of it. So, with Lifebloom not requiring any real attention anymore, you have the ability to focus on other things.

With some sort of addon helping you manage HOTs and cooldowns and such, I think resto druid healing at level 100 should overall be fine.

For the level 90 transition, I made a quick pre-patch guide that should smooth out the transition some:

Some of the new stuff in the full level 100 guide isn't relevant yet. However, they really didn't change resto healing all that much. If anything, they made resto healing easier (not harder). You have fewer buttons overall now; you don't have to manage symbiosis; lifebloom can bloom without punishment; the shrooms mechanic is more straightforward and takes less planning, etc.

I just don't like how the mushrooms only last 30 seconds, instead of a couple of minutes.
I dunno, I never really like change I guess, hah.

I had the HARDEST time transitioning from Wrath druid healing to Cata druid healing. It was a nightmare...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]