Resto 90 PvE healing guide (v5.4)

(Sticky)

MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Great guide i found 1 typo when reading it.
The base cooldown is 8 seconds healing 5 people. The glyph changes this to 6 people but increases the cooldown to 8 seconds.

It should be "increases the cooldown to 10 seconds."

yeah, I had it right in the other sections.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Can you guys talk a bit more about Tree of Life? I still don't really get when to use it, and more importantly, HOW to use it. Is it just like spamming one stack of LB on each player and an instant Regrowth if needed? Also, should it be used on heavy damage situations only?

Thanks in advance!

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What are the preferable healing trinkets to aquire for this patch.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
@Tallullah

I use it mostly in 25m (lfr for example), when i know im far away from Tranq, and im noting an increase in AOE damage, i put 3 LB in the tanks and spam 1 o 2 in the dps that are taking strong dmg. .

If the dmg is greater than expected (too many ppl playing on fire), i try to spam RG if im over 25% mana. With this strat i get over 10% more HPS with a little increase in overheals. But that cant be avoided, ull get overheals everytime u hot someone that is taking a big heal from someone else. Its good to have an addon that tells u who is getting healed, and by how much.

Im doing about 20k HPS in LFR, and for my actual gear i think its good enough, im placed first or second in every raid i go.

Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
@Zorva,

Thanks for your reply!

Other than spamming RG, do you spam Rejuvs as well? Spamming RG would make you go oom real quick, so I'm kinda afraid of doing it.

Haven't got a chance to try it out yet, but I really appreciate your advice!

Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I tend to use lifebloom over rejuv when I'm in tree form.

More LB = more OOC procs = more zero mana regrowths. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
12/27/2011 08:53 PMPosted by Niyomik
What are the preferable healing trinkets to aquire for this patch.

For gearing options, I'd recommend reading:
http://www.cannotbetamed.com/2011/12/15/resto-druid-gear-what-to-wear-in-4-3/
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Just curious about what amount of spirit is recommended for Dragon Soul normal encounters?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Wait what about PvP?

Oh that's a waste.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can't do much with 2005 haste. I have 1666 +13%. Is that enough?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
@Pirex try to get to 2005 haste, then increas mastery as much as you can, if you are having mana issues, check if you are not overhealing too much. If u have too much mana issues, try not reforging all the spirit into haste/mastery, and use 20int/20haste stones if u get +10/+20 int.

Dont forget to inver at 70%/80% so u have it again as soon as you can.

Doing this things u should have a lot of mana issues if the group knows what its doing, and the amount of spirit wouldnt even bother you.

Maybe someone more experienced can help you, im only 2/8 in 10m DS
Reply Quote
Short and to the point:
If I'm already at the 2005 cap, and Mastery is already on every piece (Spirit -> Mastery), what do I do with the extra spirit on unreforged Spirit/Mastery pieces?

Leave it alone or reforge to haste?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Short and to the point:
If I'm already at the 2005 cap, and Mastery is already on every piece (Spirit -> Mastery), what do I do with the extra spirit on unreforged Spirit/Mastery pieces?

Leave it alone or reforge to haste?

You can leave it as spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm not sure when it happened, as I just returned to Azeroth about 5 weeks ago after an extended stay in the Emerald Dream, but Entangling Roots no longer has a DoT effect. It's pure CC now(and subsequently can't break itself due to it's own DoT). Note that it does still occasionally break seemingly at random.

I believe it also works almost everywhere(including most places indoors).[Not sure if this is old news already, see above.]
Edited by Odietamo on 1/20/2012 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm not sure when it happened, as I just returned to Azeroth about 5 weeks ago after an extended stay in the Emerald Dream, but Entangling Roots no longer has a DoT effect. It's pure CC now(and subsequently can't break itself due to it's own DoT). Note that it does still occasionally break seemingly at random.

I believe it also works almost everywhere(including most places indoors).[Not sure if this is old news already, see above.]

Roots has been like that for a while now. Like at least a couple months. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Im unsure of what spec to pick, im a raid healer, i have 2 pvp items and 2 359's left to upgrade, I was in ds last night and somehow managed to top a druid wearing all 378's. So idk whether to wait for better gear and see were my stats go or to take the 2 points i have in furor and put them in with a 3rd point from moonglow into genesis. I dont really have mana problems usually.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hi, i need some tips for Yorsahj Heroic, i have some troubles healing at purple slug i don't know if put hots on everyone or just use simple direct heal..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I normally put Rejuv on all the people I am assigned to and then only use SM and HT. I have never had anyone die.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey Violetth, you probably want to start a new thread to discuss boss strats. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]