Resto PvE healing guide 6.2

(Sticky)

MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
03/29/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Hato
Hi guys ive been getting healing OS gear to the point i got T13 2 set bonus...So i'm thinking as off specing as resto however i have never healed in my entire WoW life time (3 years). I need lots of tips because i am now running HoT's to fully gear up my Off spec while queueing as dps

most of the advice here works okay for running 5-mans. Start off with running normal-mode 5's, and then heroic 5's, and then the new 5's, and then do LFR. :)
Reply Quote
Hey Guys, Im looking for the best MOD that will keep track of my Lifebloom no matter who i cast it on. Does one exist?

Thanks
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Druid
Hey Guys, Im looking for the best MOD that will keep track of my Lifebloom no matter who i cast it on. Does one exist?

Thanks

I find the icon on Healbot Continued's party/raid frames to be sufficient. It counts down from 10 and the number turns red at 3 which is helpful for prompting a quick nourish or re-apply.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I find that during PVPthe more Mastery i have the longer my team stays up. the periodic healing done by mastery is really the only thing we resto druids have going for us right now. we already get hit like a truck and our single target healing in PVP is trash. I truly miss the permanent tree form in LK.

LK was by far the best patch for all classes
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
I find that during PVPthe more Mastery i have the longer my team stays up. the periodic healing done by mastery is really the only thing we resto druids have going for us right now. we already get hit like a truck and our single target healing in PVP is trash. I truly miss the permanent tree form in LK.

LK was by far the best patch for all classes

perma-tree comes back in mists of pandaria as a minor glyph.

I don't write about PvP for either resto or moonkin specs because I really haven't done much PvP recently
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What are some good prof for resto druids?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Right now, Blacksmithing is the best profession for any class because it has the potential to give an extra 100 stats, whereas Alch, LW, enchanting, engineering, and inscription only give 80-81 extra stats when you do the math. This is because of the introduction of epic gems in 4.3, which give 10 more stats than blue quality gems. The second best profession to have is tailoring. This is because the embroidery proc (if timed properly,) can really boost your healing, and it evens out to 90 int. That being said, JC is the weakest profession right now (giving only 51 extra stats) other than the gathering professions (mining, skinning, herbalism) because the jeweler gems did not get buffed in 4.3 in accordance to the epic gems. Keep in mind that this is only because of epic gems. If you (for some reason) do not wish to use epic gems, then JC and blacksmithing are just as useful as the other professions.
Edited by Dctrhealgood on 5/3/2012 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Lissanna, I haven't played seriously on my druid for a while, but it's good to see your guide being maintained! Will you keep playing into MoP?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Druids are to overpowered with there ferel spec and healing spec.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I like trains ^^
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
05/22/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Mondas
Lissanna, I haven't played seriously on my druid for a while, but it's good to see your guide being maintained! Will you keep playing into MoP?

Hey, I dissappeared into dissertation-land for a while.

I'll still be playing in MOP. I haven't decided if I'm keeping the healing guide or not. I haven't actually been healing all that much (mostly DPS/moonkin). So, if I don't get enough beta healing practice, I may hand over the guide to one of the other resto druid guide writers and then just keep the leveling guide.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Leveling a baby Resto druid now (she's 82!) and came here to ask a quick question.

Does anyone know if there are plans to change Wild Growth so that it always prioritizes player targets in range instead of prioritizing closer friendly targets (such as pets)? It's a source of endless annoyance to me while I dungeon during the leveling process and will only get worse when I get to max and healing is more important because of harder-hitting abilities. Pets aren't nearly as important as healing players and when there's a hunter, a demo warlock and a DK in the group (obvious cherry-picked example), it seems that Wild Growth will always heal the tank, the DK and the three pets no matter who is within the range as I normally have the tank targeted.

Yes, I realize I can just cast Wild Growth on someone else, but the fact will still be that it chooses pets closer to the Wild Growth target.
Edited by Dryarae on 7/9/2012 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
It chooses targets based on health, so if the players are lower HP than the pets, it wouldn't target the pets. I'm pretty sure, however, that most of us just end up healing a lot of pets. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
"Hey Guys, Im looking for the best MOD that will keep track of my Lifebloom no matter who i cast it on. Does one exist?"

Here's my trick to what you just asked, FIRST use this macro or variant of it

#showtooltip lifebloom
/target mouseover
/focus
/cast [@mouseover, help] [] lifebloom; lifebloom

this will cast lifebloom on whoever you put your mouse cursor over on the raidframe or player on the field, it's a generic mouseover macro... it will make WHOEVER you put lifebloom on your focus target, great for tank swapping as it automatically changes your focus when you put lifebloom on the next tank

NEXT get the addon Tell Me When, and set one of the boxes to watch spell: Lifebloom, Buff, Focus, Only Mine, When Active

now put that tellmewhen button wherever you want on screen, and when you cast lifebloom that icon will pop up with the wheel timer so you can watch the duration of it, sorta convoluted the way i just explained it so i'll link this post i made a while back that died on the forum here (thank you shameless plug for me YAY) there's a screenshot of the addons and two youtube video's of it in action, hope this helps!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6232743675

^^ this is the forum post
Edited by Bogwalker on 8/11/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Bog, does that macro still work on beta?
Reply Quote
Fail troll is fail begone scrub. Lissanna does a very good job for the community.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Remember kids: flaming a druid aggroes other druids. It makes sense.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Druid
/rawr
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]