Why are some races not getting the new hair?

85 Human Paladin
Human females are at least one race I know of that did not receive any new hair styles. Why is this? Does blizzard have any plans of giving us new hair styles too? Were we supposed to get them but for some reason it was bugged?

Any other races out there feeling like they were cheated too? I want to know.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Orcs also didn't get new hair lol. Pretty funny the 2 main warcraft races didn't get new hair styles. Could be worse, a good number of new hair styles are ugly anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Female humans currently have the most hairstyles out of any race/gender in the game, with 23 options. The next highest is blood elf females with 19, after getting a new one in the patch.

Meanwhile, trolls of both genders only had 9 each before the patch. Human females were not a priority this time around.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I got mine, but frankly, every race should be given a minimum of 5 more hairstyles in the next patch.

Also, they need to update armory. Too many bald people.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
06/29/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Lanthos
Orcs also didn't get new hair lol. Pretty funny the 2 main warcraft races didn't get new hair styles. Could be worse, a good number of new hair styles are ugly anyway.

Um, orc females got three new styles and orc males got one.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=189294/brand-new-hairstyles-on-the-4-2-ptr
Edited by Razortusk on 6/29/2011 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Human females have the most hairstyles of any race/gender. Blizzard probably wanted to balance things a bit by adding hairstyles to races that had less options to choose from; like gnomes and night elves. I'd honestly like to see more variety in hair colors and styles, or even the ability to choose hairstyles from the opposite faction. I'm very jealous of goblins right now...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
06/29/2011 02:26 PMPosted by Someone
Human females have the most hairstyles of any race/gender. Blizzard probably wanted to balance things a bit by adding hairstyles to races that had less options to choose from; like gnomes and night elves. I'd honestly like to see more variety in hair colors and styles, or even the ability to choose hairstyles from the opposite faction. I'm very jealous of goblins right now...

Funnily enough, goblins are actually in the middle of the pack in terms of available hairstyles. It's just that each one of them is so much more distinct and high quality compared to a lot of the other races.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
On the ptr yes, but yesterday they weren't implimented. Not sure if they are in today.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Blizzard should just let all hairstyles go to all races.

It would make their life easier.

Though how that would work with femtaurs, who knows.
Reply Quote
06/29/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Sharkon

Funnily enough, goblins are actually in the middle of the pack in terms of available hairstyles. It's just that each one of them is so much more distinct and high quality compared to a lot of the other races.

It's not the amount of hairstyles that goblins have, it's the styles themselves. I'd love for my gnome chic to have some of the hair options that goblin femmes get.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I just feels sad to see the other races with fun new hairstyles to play with when some other races didn't get them. But it does make sense that humans already have more so they are lower on the priority list I guess. =(
Reply Quote
88 Troll Hunter
Actualy, No. They planned to give orc (or atleast orc male) a new hair style, but if you look. They didn't give them it. I have 3 orcs. and checked them all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Give male and female worgen their hairstyles from their alpha models, imo.
Currently they're going to gnomes. :/
Reply Quote
75 Orc Rogue
06/29/2011 02:21 PMPosted by Razortusk
Um, orc females got three new styles and orc males got one.

Are you not familiar with all the hairstyles that were there previously? I looked at all the female Orc hairstyles, and I actually didn't see even one new one. In fact, nor male or female Orc... neither have new hairstyles.

Weird. This patch is out and so should the hairstyles.. but I can't find them, at creation or the barber.
Edited by Daimao on 6/30/2011 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There's a blue post around here somewhere that says the ones on PTR aren't scrapped, they just didn't all get the final Quality Stamp of Approval from the art team and will likely be polished and go in later.
Reply Quote
Wear a helm and all of this goes away, for you can't see your hair style.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Female Draenei got one, and it's horrible.
Reply Quote
They did have to take some of the hairstyles out because they weren't as good as Blizzard wanted. Remember that 30 mb download? That removed some hairstyles, one of them was a nelf female style and the avatar would appear bald on the forums. I can confirm it cause I saw a bald nelf women. Kinda creepy.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I'd at least like worgen mane colors to match their skin colors more noticeably.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I've yet to see a new hairstyle that isn't atrocious, so I am not concerned for my humans that didn't get a thing I would never use.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]