Wanted: Guild Bounty Hunters

100 Human Paladin
Greetings fellow Warcrafters! I am inviting anyone interested to help me test a pet project of mine. I am the developer of the Guild Bounty Hunter addon. It was originally designed to spice up world PvP by allowing guild members to place gold bounties on any player or unit in the game. But it has since grown into much more. In order to back the bounties with WoW gold, the addon essentially creates a guild currency called “Largess” by auditing the guild bank and tracking guild bank balances for all members.

Because I spend so much of my WoW time developing this addon, I have trouble keeping a guild running. This is why I need your help testing Guild Bounty Hunter! If you’re interested please join my guild <Dragon Moon Clan> on Lightninghoof [A]! All levels and classes are welcome. Or maybe you want to try it out with your own guild, either way you can download and read more about Guild Bounty Hunter at www.curse.com. But here’s a summary of its current features:

• Place gold bounties on any unit in the game
  • Synchronizes the bounty list with all guild members
  • Parses combat logs and tracks player kills to determine who can claim a bounty
  • Audits guild bank logs and tracks balances for all members
  • Lets GM and officers set prices for any item in the game
  • Audits bounty claims and adjusts the guild bank balances accordingly
  • Gathers intelligence data such as location, class, race and level on bounty targets of any faction
  • Tracks duel victories and awards bounties claimed on friendly players
  • Custom guild factions and reputation completely controlled by GM and officers
  • Define events affecting reputation with a faction such as certain guild bank transactions, bounty claims, enemy guild member kills, etc.
  • Define rewards at each faction rep level like guild bank discounts on certain items or tabs

I’ve got lots of other ideas and I’d like to hear yours as well. Hope to see you on the Hoof!
Edited by Ozrik on 5/6/2013 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I may look into this for organization and some fun =P

Thx

i'll let u know how it goes <.<
Reply Quote
Like stupid kids from world pvp is back need to get paid to gank more
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
They do... if they don't gank then Massacre won't have a reason to gank. Come on, perpetuate the cycle of violence. ^_^
Reply Quote
06/29/2011 11:39 PMPosted by Brixxie

LOL!

Someone's mad.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
06/30/2011 06:47 AMPosted by Genocidal

LOL!

Someone's mad.

Well, you are pretty idiotic for trying to gank people in the phased starter section of the new daily hub, only to get wrecked by the 50% buff you just gave to whoever you were trying to gank.

so...

/facepalm
Reply Quote
06/30/2011 07:08 AMPosted by Facemelter

LOL!

Someone's mad.

Well, you are pretty idiotic for trying to gank people in the phased starter section of the new daily hub, only to get wrecked by the 50% buff you just gave to whoever you were trying to gank.

so...

/facepalm

I had logged in for a few minutes just to whisper someone in my guild. I saw alliance and I attacked. Sue me.

I see your confidence issues are showing through again. I'd rather not have to lay another verbal smack down on you and highjack this thread. It's not very fair to the person that made it. The addon actually seems pretty cool.

Why don't you take your pathetic self somewhere else before I send you away crying again. You're a joke, Facemelter.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Such a tool, rofl.

Maybe next time, use that brain of yours to actually pay attention to stuff in game rather than fantasizing about the next time you get to act like an e-hero.

Let the guy have his thread, it's not my fault you explode when someone calls you out for being dumb.

Stay small, geno. hahahaha

OT: Get WPVPIB and Massacre to test it out for you, seems like their kind of deal.

Reply Quote
Such a tool, rofl.

Maybe next time, use that brain of yours to actually pay attention to stuff in game rather than fantasizing about the next time you get to act like an e-hero.

Let the guy have his thread, it's not my fault you explode when someone calls you out for being dumb.

Stay small, geno. hahahaha

OT: Get WPVPIB and Massacre to test it out for you, seems like their kind of deal.

I am beginning to get the feeling you don't like me. Clearly I've never done anything that got under your skin :)

Take care Facemelter. I hope you get your stuff sorted out.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Do you really not realize that the last time you "laid the verbal smackdown" you had one bigger idiot agreeing with you while you made yourself look like an idiot with a vendetta and no argument?
Reply Quote
06/30/2011 09:58 AMPosted by Issor
Do you really not realize that the last time you "laid the verbal smackdown" you had one bigger idiot agreeing with you while you made yourself look like an idiot with a vendetta and no argument?

Oh, it's you. :)

I'm done posting here. This is going to spiral out of control and derail a potentially very helpful thread.

Shoo flies.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Unbelievably pathetic
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/30/2011 09:58 AMPosted by Issor
"laid the verbal smackdown"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9H-_PUJ58SQ/TVba3MiausI/AAAAAAAAAJY/LzTsHE7WuuA/s1600/the+rock.jpg
Reply Quote
06/30/2011 10:33 AMPosted by Randerson
"laid the verbal smackdown"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9H-_PUJ58SQ/TVba3MiausI/AAAAAAAAAJY/LzTsHE7WuuA/s1600/the+rock.jpg

Alright... Last post honest.

Yea... that stung a little.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
06/30/2011 09:35 AMPosted by Facemelter

To be honest, I've been thinking about this for a while and have mentioned it a few times. If properly managed, this could add a certain flare to world pvp. Someone ganks you, you get the addon and send out a call to have this person ganked in revenge. Post a bounty, person kills the ganker, screenshots it (or does something to show you actually killed the person... don't know if they addon does that) and then claims the bounty.

The only problem with this is it can be abused horribly with people coming up with bull#*## reasons to post a bounty. If they killed your lowbie or a guild lowbie or they killed you fine. But if they stole your herbalism node, meh, not so good a reason to go kill someone. :)
Reply Quote
Ozrik,

First, this mod sounds like it has some real potential. Great to know that one of LH's own is working tirelessly to put this together.

Second, does this mod allow you to put out an APB on any player that can then be broadcast to the entire faction (that has the mod as well)? The reason I ask is that I've recently come into a large sum of money and I'd like to put out a bounty on a player that deserves to be camped repeatedly by the whole server.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ozrik,

First, this mod sounds like it has some real potential. Great to know that one of LH's own is working tirelessly to put this together.

Second, does this mod allow you to put out an APB on any player that can then be broadcast to the entire faction (that has the mod as well)? The reason I ask is that I've recently come into a large sum of money and I'd like to put out a bounty on a player that deserves to be camped repeatedly by the whole server.

Thanks!

heh.

Nah but really, it sounds like a cool addon. Will have to check it out!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I did use this for a long long time, right after it was made infact. I stopped using it because of some bugs and such. I will start it up again in Massacre and see how it works now.
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
This sounds fun and interesting.

Does participation require that everyone have this add-on?
Can bounty's only be created by guild leadership?

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

so...

/facepalm

I was in Deepholm during this quest and attacking a warlock. Couldn't figure out why he wasn't dying until I saw the 50% damage reduction buff. Felt like fighting sl/sl.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]