Holiday Bag Hotfix

(Locked)

90 Tauren Paladin
it sucks that exploiters had to ruin a fun thing for everybody. That's balls
Edited by Yzz on 7/1/2011 11:48 AM PDT
12 Worgen Hunter
I'm wondering if the odds of them becoming BoA much like the mystic satchel. I figure many people want more chances for pets or mounts and this would be a way to do that.
86 Undead Rogue
It works! Thanks for the heads up on the addons
85 Draenei Shaman
THE NERFBAT HAS HIT! ALERT! THE NERFBAT HAS HIT!

What was its target? Fun.

I seriously hate you guys sometimes, I really do. GG Blizz, GG.

Off-topic but I'm surprised you're name has lasted this long.
THE NERFBAT HAS HIT! ALERT! THE NERFBAT HAS HIT!

What was its target? Fun.

I seriously hate you guys sometimes, I really do. GG Blizz, GG.

Off-topic but I'm surprised you're name has lasted this long.

That is freaking fantastic.

Why a torch, though? You'd think a hammer would be more appropriate.
100 Night Elf Druid
07/01/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Zillitheanan
I'm wondering if the odds of them becoming BoA much like the mystic satchel. I figure many people want more chances for pets or mounts and this would be a way to do that.

Would be a nice hotfix... like right now
90 Gnome Priest
classic, some people cheat... Everyone gets punished!
90 Night Elf Death Knight
We’re going to be applying a hotfix soon to remove holiday-specific bags when the holiday period ends. The specific bags in question are:

Loot-Filled Pumpkin (Hallow’s End)
Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest (Brewfest)
Satchel of Chilled Goods (Midsummer Fire Festival)
Heart-Shaped Box (Love is in the Air)

These bags will only exist while their holiday is active, and when the holiday ends they will be removed. This is to resolve an exploit revolving around keeping these bags beyond the holiday period to re-roll their contents.

You’ll want to be sure to open and remove the contents of any holiday bags before the holiday ends. If you still have any bags from previous holiday events they'll be removed when this hotfix goes live.

Are we being refunded these bags with normal bags of the same slottage?
on a few og my alts i have the pumpkin bags instead of normal bags to help separate goods in my personal vault.

If the bags are being replaced with different bags, then it don't bother me.
85 Tauren Druid
That's really annoying. My paladin has a brewfest bag I missed opening last time and I was looking forward to opening it.
90 Gnome Rogue
So, I really would like to know what was being exploited with this. I loved having brooms on 2 of my toons while leveling 80-85. Having them for herbing was nice too.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey next year, can you make the bag actually drop the pet?
85 Worgen Druid
07/04/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Yume

I have been doing this since the days of the Scorchling. Guess what. I don't have EITHER pet. It's now the end of the holiday AGAIN and all I have received the ENTIRE time is those damn Burning Blossoms. Fine and dandy if oh, you know, you didn't have all the items worth purchasing!

Thank you blizzard for punishing your loyal players by saying, oh yeah, it's almost impossible to get your pet in 3+ years because hey, it's more important to nerf a minuscule bag exploit then say UP THE DROP RATE! For the love of gawd at least make the damnable thing purchasable!

We want our Frigid Frostling!

ANGER! PET RAGE!

Do you hear what we are telling you?!?!! >.<

/end pet collector nerd rant from a very peeved player
Edited by Syrehn on 7/4/2011 5:13 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't understand..

Why not make the pets a part of the regular drops again?

The weapons, the special gear.. mounts.. put those in the bags.

I have missed the scorchling.
I have missed the ooze.
I have missed the frostling..

For WHAT?

Every damn time I see someone loot the things, they have looted it already.
Every time.

This bag business is bs.
I'm sick of running holidays for nothing.

Now that I have my drake, I'm not even going to bother anymore.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We’re going to be applying a hotfix soon to remove holiday-specific bags when the holiday period ends. The specific bags in question are:Loot-Filled Pumpkin (Hallow’s End)Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest (Brewfest)Satchel of Chilled Goods (Midsummer Fire Festival)Heart-Shaped Box (Love is in the Air)These bags will only exist while their holiday is active, and when the holiday ends they will be removed. This is to resolve an exploit revolving around keeping these bags beyond the holiday period to re-roll their contents.You’ll want to be sure to open and remove the contents of any holiday bags before the holiday ends. If you still have any bags from previous holiday events they'll be removed when this hotfix goes live.

Nerf the ram mount from brewfest and the love rocket from love is in the air before this rediculous nerf! I have been farming for the ram on my other character for 2 years and i have recieved a total of 4 brewfest kodos! and the love is in the air rocket is probably a lower drop rate than ashes of al'ar and ashes of al'ar is ment to be the rarest mount in the game?
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think drop rates should be adjusted some. I mean, it seems to me that everyone and their cousin got the Headless Horseman reins this past Halloween, but not me. However, I did get the Squashling 3+ times. Like seriously?

Also, everyone else BUT me got the Toxic Wasteling which made me sad.

And no Frost pet this year either but I got the Scythe twice. WTF?

I don't like the whole once a day bag thing. Or at least not have the pets/mounts come from them.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Funny, most of you seem to have gotten 'exploitation' mixed up with 'fun'.
85 Night Elf Druid
I would just like to say that though 80% of the ppl in here think its being nerfed when it makes sense to delete the bags. All i've been reading is complaining that some haven't gotten a pet or mount.

The game is designed to be difficult, so you keep playing (and paying) to try again next year.

If you got everything you wanted on your first try the game would be boring. 1 cast for turtle mount would be nice but I continue to fish just to get it. I'm not going to start crying to the board about how its rate should be higher.

Remember it is just a game.
100 Night Elf Druid
07/04/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Yume
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]