Holiday Bag Hotfix

(Locked)

85 Worgen Druid
I would just like to say that though 80% of the ppl in here think its being nerfed when it makes sense to delete the bags. All i've been reading is complaining that some haven't gotten a pet or mount.

The game is designed to be difficult, so you keep playing (and paying) to try again next year.

If you got everything you wanted on your first try the game would be boring. 1 cast for turtle mount would be nice but I continue to fish just to get it. I'm not going to start crying to the board about how its rate should be higher.

Remember it is just a game.

Um... we complain because we've been doing it for YEARS (catch the plural there) with no positive result and it's becoming a piss off. Clearly you have not been, so kindly cram your cry hole with w/e loot u got out of your holiday bags and leave us bitter collecters to grumble in peace.
77 Troll Hunter
Yet More Torch Catching, which was bugged on some realms for many players, was totally ignored. Makes sense now, they were busy with more important holiday stuff, such as this :- /
16 Gnome Warrior
We’re going to be applying a hotfix soon to remove holiday-specific bags when the holiday period ends. The specific bags in question are:

Loot-Filled Pumpkin (Hallow’s End)
Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest (Brewfest)
Satchel of Chilled Goods (Midsummer Fire Festival)
Heart-Shaped Box (Love is in the Air)

These bags will only exist while their holiday is active, and when the holiday ends they will be removed. This is to resolve an exploit revolving around keeping these bags beyond the holiday period to re-roll their contents.

You’ll want to be sure to open and remove the contents of any holiday bags before the holiday ends. If you still have any bags from previous holiday events they'll be removed when this hotfix goes live.

ummm im confuse i thought that you can only be able 2 loot these bags from holidays when they start until they end already? is there still some accesable holiday baggs thats lasting longer than the holiday ending date? o.O
16 Gnome Warrior
We’re going to be applying a hotfix soon to remove holiday-specific bags when the holiday period ends. The specific bags in question are:

These bags will only exist while their holiday is active, and when the holiday ends they will be removed. This is to resolve an exploit revolving around keeping these bags beyond the holiday period to re-roll their contents.

You’ll want to be sure to open and remove the contents of any holiday bags before the holiday ends. If you still have any bags from previous holiday events they'll be removed when this hotfix goes live.

ummm im confuse i thought that you can only be able 2 loot these bags from holidays when they start until they end already? is there still some accesable holiday baggs thats lasting longer than the holiday ending date? o.O

Mayb i shouldve add Like.... is blizz talking about removing the Loot reward bags? or removing the bags we get from holiday randoms?
85 Night Elf Druid
[quote]
Mayb i shouldve add Like.... is blizz talking about removing the Loot reward bags? or removing the bags we get from holiday randoms?

The bags will still drop during the holiday events, etc. They will just disappear when the holiday ends even if the items haven't been taken out of the bags yet (looted in that sense, not in the sense of getting them from the mob/quest).
Edited by Catnip on 7/9/2011 10:07 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
06/29/2011 09:02 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Can we please fix the god awful drop rate on the frost pet for Midsummer festival, please or make him purchasable.

Please! I've been playing for 3 years, this is my 4th fire fest, & I don't have either the scortchling or frostling!

Up the droprate please! :(

FWIW the scorchling is being reintroduced in zen'vorkas cache, which is purchaseable for 30 marks of the world tree in the molten front. I believe the frostling and other elemental pets will be in there as well.
90 Orc Hunter
06/29/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Nightsbane
One big problem with the bags is this : We get one chance a day and before the bags we had multiple chances with more people. Perhaps allow us to queue as many times as we want or something like 5 times a day to get 5 bags a day.

This.

Once a day for two weeks means 14 chances, as opposed to Hallow's End where we have 70.

Huge difference.
3 Gnome Mage

Translation: We are nerfing more fun and witty technique because we gave you the ability to dance in combat back. You must sacrifice. Starting with your [Haunted Momento] which no longer haunts you with a ghost, and cannot be thrown. ..except away, since it no longer does anything at all. NERF FUN! IRON FIST! BLIZ FTW!

^This. Is classic. LOL!
100 Gnome Warlock
Ive already got all the achievements, I know more brewfest tokens are desirable for people getting achievements. But for the ones who already have them, is it possible to give us something else. Or a new pet to purchase or exchange the currency for JP/VP. I have everything, why do I want more brewfest tokens?

I should add, I have all the achievements for the holiday "World Events". So now the only reason I am doing these is for pets and more mounts (or gold farming).
Edited by Bowgart on 9/27/2011 10:27 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]