I am curious.

85 Orc Death Knight

How many people remain flagged 24/7 as best they can on this server?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Like 2 >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I used to try. Back then, however, I was a full-time raider and I always ended up being "that guy"-- the one who shows up flagged when it's time to buff. Once they made it so that jumping on a flight and/or zoning unflagged you (I can't remember if they added both at once or one after the other in that order), it began to be difficult to remember to reflag. I suppose it would have been different if I had ever really gotten attacked while flagged.

The very rare times I actually had anyone take a shot at me it was mostly people in PvE gear who just saw some red and thought they might take a swing. Since I was always in PvP gear and spec, I started to feel like I was simply baiting people who just weren't as prepared for combat as I was.

It can be a tricky thing on this server. I know there are a small handful of people who have said they go around flagged, but regardless of how small a world (of warcraft) it might be, I've never run into them or they into me.

It eventually led to me spending quite a bit of time just flying around Wintergrasp during Wrath. Since combat was to be expected in a zone where you're always flagged, I didn't feel like I would necessarily be "picking on" anyone. I used to spend so much of my online time there that sometimes I'd be on the phone or watching TV while doing it and that got me smashed at least once or twice by people I should have been giving my full attention, but that's PvP for you. It was just good to have that "World PvP" feel again.

I'll tell you what, though: I had some great fun starting brawls at the Ulduar summoning stone for a couple of weeks until the horde who raided at the same times got wise to me. I think my guild was happy once no one took the bait anymore and we could actually start raids on time. But there was actually a good mix of healers and DPS to make that a fun time for a bit.

On a semi-related note, I'd love to try to get some War Games going sometime, but I never had enough interest just on Alliance side even for a 5v5 BG map. Now that nearly everyone I knew who PvPed is either gone, going, or faction transferred, it's even tougher. If you know anyone on horde side who would be interested in something like that, maybe that can be a fun way to spend a couple of hours some weekend.
Edited by Saif on 7/3/2011 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
If only there were some kind of special server specific rule set that encouraged people to run around flagged all the time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I used to try. Back then, however, I was a full-time raider and I always ended up being "that guy"-- the one who shows up flagged when it's time to buff. Once they made it so that jumping on a flight and/or zoning unflagged you (I can't remember if they added both at once or one after the other in that order), it began to be difficult to remember to reflag. I suppose it would have been different if I had ever really gotten attacked while flagged.

The very rare times I actually had anyone take a shot at me it was mostly people in PvE gear who just saw some red and thought they might take a swing. Since I was always in PvP gear and spec, I started to feel like I was simply baiting people who just weren't as prepared for combat as I was.

It can be a tricky thing on this server. I know there are a small handful of people who have said they go around flagged, but regardless of how small a world (of warcraft) it might be, I've never run into them or they into me.

It eventually led to me spending quite a bit of time just flying around Wintergrasp during Wrath. Since combat was to be expected in a zone where you're always flagged, I didn't feel like I would necessarily be "picking on" anyone. I used to spend so much of my online time there that sometimes I'd be on the phone or watching TV while doing it and that got me smashed at least once or twice by people I should have been giving my full attention, but that's PvP for you. It was just good to have that "World PvP" feel again.

I'll tell you what, though: I had some great fun starting brawls at the Ulduar summoning stone for a couple of weeks until the horde who raided at the same times got wise to me. I think my guild was happy once no one took the bait anymore and we could actually start raids on time. But there was actually a good mix of healers and DPS to make that a fun time for a bit.

On a semi-related note, I'd love to try to get some War Games going sometime, but I never had enough interest just on Alliance side even for a 5v5 BG map. Now that nearly everyone I knew who PvPed is either gone, going, or faction transferred, it's even tougher. If you know anyone on horde side who would be interested in something like that, maybe that can be a fun way to spend a couple of hours some weekend.

Yes, spreading wow cooties was fun, and still is to some extent. Nowdays, they clear if you enter a dungeon or raid. You have to manually toggle the flag each time after you exit one. As for flight paths, I don't know off the top of my head, I havent used an FP in a very long time.

The number of reliable pvper's horde side seems to have dropped as well. Perhaps thats because they just stopped logging on, this has been the longest arena season in wow's history (At over 6 months of season time) and one of the silliest seasons to date mechanics wise. I'm sure some just got fed up and took time off. I can only hope they return.

Wargames might be fun though, so count me in. I still have yet to do one yet. I am still also scratching my head about why skirmishes were removed.

07/03/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Gugizimo
If only there were some kind of special server specific rule set that encouraged people to run around flagged all the time.

I tend to run around perma flagged as much as I can simply because it makes my play time more interesting. I also absolutely abhore the idea of blue flagging against someone, so being permanently flagged allows me to be guilt free should I kill someone.

Beyond that, I dont know if there are many rewards of doing it.
Edited by Ragebane on 7/3/2011 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I do whenever I feel like swapping my ret bars around to my PvP setup, which has been far more rare lately than it used to be.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
07/03/2011 05:36 PMPosted by Piggy
The new daily spot is decent, I've seen plenty of flagged there.

I know that plenty of people have been hitting me by mistake instead of quest mobs.

The flag seems to stick around in zones like that once it's introduced.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
07/03/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Ragebane
Yes, spreading wow cooties was fun, and still is to some extent. Nowdays, they clear if you enter a dungeon or raid. You have to manually toggle the flag each time after you exit one. As for flight paths, I don't know off the top of my head, I havent used an FP in a very long time.

It was terrible. It was always said, at that time, that if the majority of your group was flagged, the Green Crusade would show up and wipe your raid. Whether this was truth or mere legend, none of us wanted to find out.

And yes, the flag definitely clears on taking a flight path.

07/03/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Ragebane
Wargames might be fun though, so count me in. I still have yet to do one yet. I am still also scratching my head about why skirmishes were removed.

There was a Blue post about it a long while back stating that the "Skirmishes" function was used by a very small portion of the population. Which might be true, but I found them fun and useful anyway. They said they added War Games because many people asked about the possibility of challenging friends to a match, etc. I don't really follow the logic since it is quite a bit harder to get War Games going than it was Skirmishes. Anyone who's ever done 5s knows what a hassle it is to get 5 people online at once sometimes, double that (at a minimum) for the BG map War Games. I guess I didn't really understand why it had to be Skimirshes or War Games, one or the other. I'd love it if they added them back.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I generally try and stay flagged all the time. Occaionally I'll pop out of a dungeon and forget for a bit, but it goes back on fast.

My pet peeve: If you respond to a world PVP alarm, come flagged, don't fly in blue. Geesh. Whats the point otherwise?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
My Horde alts do.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I would if I weren't Holy... There doesn't seem to be much point in wasting 20 minutes to try and kill someone that takes a shot at me, or running around "surviving" forever. I've got better things to do! Like standing around Stormwind while people admire my BG mount. >.>
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
LoD should have taken me to rated BGs! I WANT A BG MOUNT!

Erm... I mean "Hi Mitham!"
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
But Carl Drogo, you're dead.

YOU DIED IN THE LAST EPISODE!

Edit: Twice, kind of!

Khal.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I totally do
oh wait.. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]