Explanation of 371 honor gear...

85 Worgen Mage
07/05/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Mescyn
Great post...I wonder how blizzard is gonna react to all this. They can't just ignore it.

You're new here, aren't you.

No, I am not... they will give an explanation. I'm not saying they will DO anything about it but they won't just ignore it.
07/05/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Mescyn
Great post...I wonder how blizzard is gonna react to all this. They can't just ignore it.

85 Worgen Druid
07/05/2011 01:38 PMPosted by Wussyfart

No, I am not... they will give an explanation. I'm not saying they will DO anything about it but they won't just ignore it.

They will say:

"The purpose of the new 371 honor gear is two-fold. First, it gives all PvP'ers of last season a tangible reward for their time spent in battlegrounds again. Second, it allows us to keep the ilvl of PvP gear on pace with PvE gear while maintaining a single "tier" difference between honor and conquest gear (13 ilvls).

We realize that this change could have been better communicated and apologize to the community for this misstep. In the future we will take greater measures to keep the community informed on seasonal changes to PvP rewards.

Sadly, we are not capable of restoring the full honor gained through the past week - nor will it be possible to upgrade 365 pieces to 371. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused the playerbase."

So in reality, they will say nothing. We know why they did it; it even makes sense. What we don't know is why the 365 gear was made available for one week, and why this was not communicated. Neither of these questions have reasonable answers, so we will not get any answers. The reality of the situation is Blizzard's Community team said "WOO FIRELANDS!" and only remembered that PvP exists after the fact... again.
It's a good thing I spent my weekend in AV getting full vicious, lol.
85 Blood Elf Priest
07/05/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Kangoo
What we don't know is why the 365 gear was made available for one week, and why this was not communicated.

It's pretty clear that they just mindlessly converted any conq gear with no rating associated with it to honor, not really thinking about the gear being added in the new season, and whether that conversion necessarily made sense. I suspect the conversion of valor to justice and conquest to honor was completely automated, and just something they didn't put a lot of thought into.
Edited by Mescyn on 7/5/2011 1:53 PM PDT
70 Blood Elf Paladin
The only mistake, if you can even call it that, was that they should have only moved the main set pieces and weapons to honor, not all the conquest gear. New offpiece gear with a new season is completely normal behavior.

Offpiece changes could certainly have been better documented, though.

This.
90 Human Rogue
They probably got a bunch of people to resub when they found out vicious gear was for honor. Now since people grinded their face off all week for gear you (and me) get to grind a new set :D:D Its fun guys!
90 Night Elf Death Knight
07/05/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Bui
Wasn't that new set on the test realm, just no confirmation from Blizzard on what was going to be done with it? Don't act like it magically appeared out of nowhere.

Yes, it did magically appear out of nowhere if you don't play the PTR. And everyone's always saying how stuff on the PTR can change, isn't set in stone, yadda yadda, so the fact that it was there shouldn't be held up as "documentation" of any sort.

I call bait and switch on Blizzard's part, and it's getting pretty old.
85 Draenei Shaman
Very sad move by Blizzard. Anymore though it's to be expected.
90 Night Elf Druid
QQ scrubs are gonna going to have a tier disadvantage as opposed to a tier and a half. All I'm seeing is a bunch of QQ about people getting gear easier. Welcome to the argument going on since mid-TBC, if not before.
Edited by Talrenya on 7/5/2011 2:01 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Paladin
s9 crafted - 339
s9 honor - 352
s9 conquest - 365

s10 crafted - 358
s10 honor - 365
s10 conquest 384

This somehow made sense to you?

PS - To the people saying blizzard didn't inform them... Explain to me when Blizzard has informed the player base of anything prior to a patch going live?
Edited by Sammew on 7/5/2011 2:01 PM PDT
15 Tauren Paladin
They will say:

"The purpose of the new 371 honor gear is two-fold. First, it gives all PvP'ers of last season a tangible reward for their time spent in battlegrounds again. Second, it allows us to keep the ilvl of PvP gear on pace with PvE gear while maintaining a single "tier" difference between honor and conquest gear (13 ilvls).

Can you explain how the 371 gear rewards players for time spent in BGs? It by all accounts invalidates all effort put into getting the 365 gear. Any schmoe can get honor and the new gear in a matter of days... the same gear that took people weeks and months.
85 Worgen Druid
The only mistake, if you can even call it that, was that they should have only moved the main set pieces and weapons to honor, not all the conquest gear. New offpiece gear with a new season is completely normal behavior.

Offpiece changes could certainly have been better documented, though.

I think you failed to read the O.P.

The issue is not moving conquest gear to honor gear.

The issue is moving conquest gear to honor gear (like everyone who has played WoW for more than one season fully expected). Waiting one week, then with absolutely zero warning, announcement, or precedent introducing an entirely new set that never existed in the game before to replace it.

They have never, in the history of the game, made a tier of gear available for a single week.
Community Manager
07/05/2011 01:03 PMPosted by Kangoo
I see a lot of people defending the 371 honor set as "well documented" and happening "every patch for 7 seasons" and other similar comments and felt an impetus to explain to those individuals why the 371 set does not fall within expected, documented, or historical context.

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.
85 Gnome Mage
I spent ~20 hours this week grinding AVs to get 12 pieces of the 365 gear on my alt and today Blizzard makes all of that, along with the thousands of gold spent enchanting and gemming, obsolete.

Thanks Blizzard... and you guys wonder why people bot BGs all the time?

Edit: To the blue above, you already give the carebears a week of time to raid ahead of when PVP'ers get to do a new season, now you're making it so it's pointless for me to do BGs for a week too? I wonder how the PVE'ers would feel if you effectively locked them out of raids AND dungeons for a week.
Edited by Nullstellen on 7/5/2011 2:06 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/05/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
I see a lot of people defending the 371 honor set as "well documented" and happening "every patch for 7 seasons" and other similar comments and felt an impetus to explain to those individuals why the 371 set does not fall within expected, documented, or historical context.

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

So what's the point of introducing the Season X gear in the first place? Why make it there for one week? Its a bait and switch.
77 Dwarf Shaman
Account canceled. Thanks, Blizz!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]