Explanation of 371 honor gear...

85 Worgen Druid
I see a lot of people defending the 371 honor set as "well documented" and happening "every patch for 7 seasons" and other similar comments and felt an impetus to explain to those individuals why the 371 set does not fall within expected, documented, or historical context.

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

Thank you for the response, Zarhym. Is it safe to assume that no form of compensation (in the form of refunding honor spent in the past week) will be given, and that we should start farming up honor for the new 371 gear and gold for replacing enchants/gems that lasted all of one week?

Thank you in advance for your clarification on this.

EDIT:
Honestly though, I fail to see the advantage to the player of making the previous seasons gear available for a single week. Literally the only thing it accomplishes is fooling the player base into believing it is the new "honor gear" for this patch (as far as I can tell).
Edited by Kangoo on 7/5/2011 2:08 PM PDT
85 Goblin Hunter
SO... why didn't you folks mention this before? Instead, you just slip it down our pants thinking we'll all just be 'giddy, gidddy' to have new gear?

You folks made a mistake on the converstion of cp last week and now this!?!?

Sad...
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/05/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Antishock
Account canceled. Thanks, Blizz!

Rofl
90 Undead Warrior
what is the big deal? it gives you more motivation to actually PVP stop crying, honor is way easier to get then valor, iwould rather get my honor cap then do zandalaris believe me..
90 Dwarf Paladin
SO... why didn't you folks mention this before? Instead, you just slip it down our pants thinking we'll all just be 'giddy, gidddy' to have new gear?

You folks made a mistake on the converstion of cp last week and now this!?!?

Sad...

When have they ever mentioned something like this before. 99% of the information that we get about this game comes from ptr and datamining, and from what i recall, 371 vicious gear was datamined.
90 Gnome Rogue
Bait and switch. Classic B Team, aka Blizzard.
...we'll be sure to make that more clear [next time]...

You guys seem to type that a lot.
85 Blood Elf Priest

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

What is the logic behind having season X gear on honor at all, if it's only going to be for a period of aprox one week? It seems like a more logical approach would be either:

1: Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; CP is wiped.

2: One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

OR

1: Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season Y low tier items are made available and CP is wiped.

2: One week later season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

It just doesn't seem particularly logical to me that you'd make available gear on the honor system for one week only.
90 Human Priest
Not good.
85 Goblin Hunter
07/05/2011 02:09 PMPosted by Tantojutsu
Bait and switch. Classic B Team, aka Blizzard.
90 Night Elf Hunter
[quote]Those pieces were on PTR for most of it, I guess MMO-Champ just didn't say anything about it so they feel "undocumented".

The sole issue that I take offense with is that a new tier of gear was made available for a single week before becoming outdated. This has never been done before, there was no warning or documentation of this happening. Gear that I actually earned through arena season 9 I have no issue with; it's the gear that I spent hours over this past weekend grinding out only to be replaced with no announcement, warning, and absolutely no precedent being outdated one week after it was made available that I take issue with.

I agree as I did the same thing and now my gear is outdated within 1 week.Thanks for nothing Blizzard.Would like a blue to respond to this because as it stands now I am canceling my subscription.
If I would have known this I would have waited till the new 371 level Vicious Gladiator gear
released and not purchased this 365 level Vicious Gladiator gear.

Edited by Pandorä on 7/5/2011 2:14 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
Qt
I see a lot of people defending the 371 honor set as "well documented" and happening "every patch for 7 seasons" and other similar comments and felt an impetus to explain to those individuals why the 371 set does not fall within expected, documented, or historical context.

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

So in other words, not even a small compensation for all the hours and gold I and many others spent this week? It would be nice for maybe a reduced price on the new set for an X amount of time? Something please..
Edited by Knivès on 7/5/2011 3:14 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
How about the S9 armor can be sold for 1/5 its honor cost value to make up for it?

07/05/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Knivès

So in other words, not even a small compensation for all the hours and gold I and many others spent this week? It would be nice for maybe a reduced price on the new set for an X amount of time? Something please..
90 Human Mage
365 gear to 371 do it now
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]