Explanation of 371 honor gear...

85 Goblin Mage
07/05/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
I see a lot of people defending the 371 honor set as "well documented" and happening "every patch for 7 seasons" and other similar comments and felt an impetus to explain to those individuals why the 371 set does not fall within expected, documented, or historical context.

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

So what purpose does it serve to make gear available for one week?
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/05/2011 02:21 PMPosted by Antishock

LMFAO.

Enjoy paying for you reused content and items.

Some people spent a lot of time farming the 365 gear and paid a ton of gold to gem and enchant it to have Blizz release a better 371 set a week later.

Have fun with your game lol.

If you are quitting over this... don't play anymore mmo-s. ever.
85 Draenei Paladin
Sure glad I didn't buy any Honor gear right away...
Wearing Season 9 Elite and being inferior to Season 10 honor gear is a crock.
change is good
90 Night Elf Rogue
How about you actually reward your players for time invested? Your new model should be this.

1. New patch drops, next PVE tier drops, season is announced for 1 week later. Season ends. Honor can still be ground out.

1.a. The conquest gear does not go down to honor during this 1 week period.

2. New season starts. Conquest gear is removed, higher ilevel season gear is added to the honor page, make it look like vicious but recolored.

2.a. You can purchase the new honor gear with the previous season's vicious.

3. Conquest page is updated with the newest season's best items.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above model actually rewards your PVPers for their hard work, updating their gear so they don't get left behind while keeping the ilevels high and competative and gives new players a chance to grind out pieces without suffering.
85 Draenei Warrior
All that wasted time...all that wasted gold...thanks again, Blizz.
85 Orc Warrior
Convert my current gear to the 371 gear. I didn't cap myself every week on conquest points to just get showed up by battleground heroes.
85 Gnome Priest
I mostly pvp so dont really mind grinding out the s10 honor set but you guys are kinda droppg the ball here.

Between this and the oopsie that happened when people lost all their saved pts when the patch hit you probably have a lot of unhappy campers.
77 Dwarf Shaman

Enjoy paying for you reused content and items.

Some people spent a lot of time farming the 365 gear and paid a ton of gold to gem and enchant it to have Blizz release a better 371 set a week later.

Have fun with your game lol.

If you are quitting over this... don't play anymore mmo-s. ever.

Actually its not just this. It was however the final straw. I'm sure you're oblivious to how the quality of this game has plummeted, but the subs don't lie. Enjoy!
Edited by Antishock on 7/5/2011 2:28 PM PDT
85 Troll Mage
Well I guess now we still have a reason to kill Argaloth (assuming he will drop 371 stuff). I bought 4 main set pieces of 365 gear for my druid, but I still need the off pieces so I guess I can get 371 for those and just put up with the obsolete pieces until I can replace them in due time.

100 Dwarf Warrior
Every time I think about getting back into PvP again, something like this happens.

Seriously Zarhym, you guys are so far off the mark on so many things PvP-wise, it's just depressing, even to those who don't engage in it anymore.
90 Draenei Paladin
I was merely frustrated with Blizz's approach to the classes in this game (for the raids, about 90% of the encounters favor ranged over melee.)

I was also frustrated with the hype of this new patch. There will be LOTS of new stuff to do if you don't raid! Yeah, if by lots you mean 10 mins of dailies. Sorry, grinding dailies to get to a point to see a new cutscene, and a progression in story is not fun IMO.

I am mainly a raider, but in my spare time I do BGs for fun, and I spend the honor (once I have my gear) for stuff to sell. Because really, besides more grinding to get an alt to 85, what else would I do?

Now this came out, and I wasted time and money tryin to update my gear for PvP only to be told 'Oh, BTW, that gear doesn't exist anymore, start over!'

There are other MMOs that are looking very nice right now (The Secret World, SWTOR) that I would jump into just to be done with Blizzard and they're 'live and learn, next time we'll get it right' copy and paste response to anything that got screwed up.
Edited by Genner on 7/5/2011 2:34 PM PDT
3 Undead Rogue
07/05/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
I see a lot of people defending the 371 honor set as "well documented" and happening "every patch for 7 seasons" and other similar comments and felt an impetus to explain to those individuals why the 371 set does not fall within expected, documented, or historical context.

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

Crap like this, coupled with no MMR exploiters or win-traders being punished is going to drive a LOT of PvPers away. Season 10 will be even worse, because everyone knows how to exploit the MMR system for arenas and RBGs and the KNOW that exploiters are not punished.

It really feels like you're trolling your PvP community into quitting or switching to slaying dragons.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]