Explanation of 371 honor gear...

88 Undead Rogue
How about you actually reward your players for time invested? Your new model should be this.

2.a. You can purchase the new honor gear with the previous season's vicious.

Seems sort of... pardon my language, retarded, that some of us can come up with better systems.
85 Human Death Knight
07/05/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Melyria

You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

So what's the point of introducing the Season X gear in the first place? Why make it there for one week? Its a bait and switch.

^^^^
This.

You've basically single handedly destroyed whatever pretense you had regarding PVP in WoW. You will see a massive drop in PVP Participation.
85 Worgen Druid
I normally don't complain about changes but for this all i can say is WHAT THE HELL? Have you any idea how much time i spent getting the 365 gear? I did it because season 9 ended and the conquest gear was rolled down THAT was supposed to be the end of gear changes aside from a new conquest set. So now the thousands of gold and all the time i spent getting my new gear was a waste because you guys didn't give any notice? Why didn't you just change my 365 gear into the new 371 gear?
85 Tauren Paladin
You are correct. The season transition and introduction of new PvP items was different this time around, and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

The Season 9 set was removed today. The items available for purchase with Honor Points are now considered lower tier Season 10 items. They are still the same items from Season 9 in terms of aesthetics, but the item level and stats are slightly higher to ensure that the Season 10 honor gear has the correct item level relative to the Season 10 conquest gear.

It's likely this is how things will work going forward and we'll be sure to make that more clear when the next season transition takes place.

New basic transition flow:

1) Season X ends and rated play is unavailable; Season X gear becomes available for purchase with HP; CP is wiped.
2) One week later Season Y starts and rated play is available; Season X gear is removed entirely; Season Y introduces a low tier of items which replace Season X vendor items and are available for HP; Season Y introduces the new top items available for CP and rated play.

Dumb answer to a dumber mistake. Just a stupid reason to make people have to run BGs.

Account canceled.
85 Goblin Mage
This is one of the reason people twink. So they don't have to deal with this BS of changing and introducing new gear on a whim.

I still don't know why the 365 vicious gear was made available for 1 week. Should new iLvl blue PVE gear be introduced now thats better than the epic 359 level stuff?

90 Draenei Death Knight
Oh, man ... I grinded AV yesterday to buy the epic chest piece. If I had waited until today I could have gotten 371 instead?

Can I still sell back the one I got yesterday just before logging out?
85 Orc Hunter
07/05/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Antishock
Account canceled. Thanks, Blizz!

You do that, one less baddie to worry about. specially baddies QQ over gear..
Learn to adapt.. on the fly.

Be praised that your ilvl gets to go up some, and u have much more survival where that comes from
Edited by Myrami on 7/5/2011 2:37 PM PDT
88 Undead Rogue
07/05/2011 02:36 PMPosted by Myrami

Be praised that your ilvl gets to go up some, and u have much more survival where that comes from

big lol.
85 Tauren Druid
07/05/2011 02:03 PMPosted by Zarhym
and we apologize for the lack of advanced warning.

Apologizing does not accommodate for the fact that I geared and enchanted as tho I was going to be using this gear for the beginning of this season, and now have to blow that cash (which I don't , in fact, have) ALL OVER AGAIN.
85 Human Paladin
This is crap Blizz.

Change it back. You're leaving a terrible taste in everyones mouth with this change. Very poor form.
84 Night Elf Druid

By adapt, you mean learn to have enjoy having our time wasted in BGs by a purposeful omittance about the next season?

That's dumb.

There's no way they didn't know about this in advance, especially since Zarhym updates the patch thread like.. daily. What the hell man?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Glad I'm only back on a 7-day trial that Blizz emailed me. I've been reading the forums regularly, and this, combined with the fiasco last week with the CP --> HP !@@! up...

I daresay this isn't even the B team. This feels more like the C team. Maybe even the D team.

AND the World Tree cinematic was the worst cinematic I've seen since the ending of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter for N64.

Real crappy stuff here, Blizzard. I won't be renewing.
90 Night Elf Druid
As a Balance Druid I am used to getting squatted on by Blizzard but now that this has happened more of you can feel the pain. It is unfortunate that this information was "not released" by Blizzard beforehand. It is almost humorous that this is how it happened.

Question: Blizzard folks, why could you just not replace "Season 9" piece with the "Season 10" piece equivalent? You have done this for MANY previous item changes, why not now? You screwed people over and you know it. Such a shame.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Dumb answer to a dumber mistake. Just a stupid reason to make people have to run BGs.

Account canceled.

Same. You can keep your season 9 or season 10 gear or what ever you want to call it now. Get rid of PVP since you treat it like a BASTARD RED HEAD CHILD of WOW.
77 Dwarf Shaman
07/05/2011 02:36 PMPosted by Myrami

You're kidding right? Myrami, garbage orc hunter: arenas played 105, arenas won 58. Good one LOL.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]