Honor Points Capped at 4000

(Locked)

Community Manager
During maintenance the change that was intended to be applied for the start of Season 10 next week, which was to cap Honor Points at 4000 and convert any points above the cap to gold, was inadvertently applied early. This means that everyone who would have down-converted Conquest to Honor over the 4000 cap had those additional points converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point and sent to them via in-game mail.

We’re still researching what steps led to the error, but unfortunately due to the nature of the currency conversion that took place, we’ll be unable to reverse the change, remove the delivered gold, or reinstate the surplus Honor Points.

We apologize greatly for this error.
85 Human Paladin
not anything u can do about it? because i dont need the gold, i just wanted to finish my ret set
93 Human Paladin
Oh my.

Epic Fail.

-1,000,000 DKP
93 Undead Mage
:(
84 Night Elf Druid
Nice fail.
100 Dwarf Shaman
Pathetic
85 Troll Druid
Settle down guys, it's just a game no need to get so firey about it.

Also. I got like 15k from the conversion, so woooo! :D
90 Human Paladin
You had over 40k conquest?
90 Human Warlock
You should give everyone a free month of WoW for this error.
85 Orc Warrior
Can't do anything about it = too much work for them to do anything about it I'd guess. You know they keep backups/snapshots of toons of some sort to restore them after they are hacked so I'm sure they have the data available - they just are not willing to go through the effort of looping over all the toons in the game and doing the reimbursement in some kind of custom engineered script or whatever. I could be wrong but that's my guess.
85 Night Elf Druid
Knowing how this seems to happen often with Blizz, I bet this was intended unintentional "error". Instead of dealing with the complaints in a PTR patch note for weeks, just do it at patch day so even if people complain, nothing can be done about it. Blizz has been doing this for years, why change now?
85 Human Paladin
Dont think we will forget about this. We wont
85 Human Death Knight
If this does not get resolved you just lost 5 accounts.
85 Human Death Knight
During maintenance the change that was intended to be applied for the start of Season 10 next week, which was to cap Honor Points at 4000 and convert any points above the cap to gold, was inadvertently applied early. This means that everyone who would have down-converted Conquest to Honor over the 4000 cap had those additional points converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point and sent to them via in-game mail.

We’re still researching what steps led to the error, but unfortunately due to the nature of the currency conversion that took place, we’ll be unable to reverse the change, remove the delivered gold, or reinstate the surplus Honor Points.

We apologize greatly for this error.

By "nature of the currency conversion" are your referring to not understanding how you could inadvertantly make this change a week too early? I would of expected that you guys are more than use to dealing with these types of issues after 3+ years of resolving patch related conversion issues. Are there any other plans for correcting this error or would this be the last correspondance we can expect?

Also since you are apologizing "greatly" as opposed to just apologizing can we expected further reimbursements in any other forms? Thanks
Edited by Luckedout on 6/28/2011 2:31 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Shaman
Why can't you just do a rollback of some sort, it hasn't even been a day so I don't see this affecting many people. This is just pathetic tbh, if something PvE wise similar to this occured there would probaly be a rollback of some sort.
85 Dwarf Shaman
I thought the conversion was taking place today.

So...yea, no problem for me.
85 Night Elf Druid
ITS PATCH DAY!

Seriously if you people didn't expect some sort of bug, error or problem then you are idiots. Sorry I'm being blunt but this has happened every patch since the beginning of time. It happens in other games as well. Even the most polished often have a bug here or there that pop up. Its how things are.

Seriously get over it.

A bug which is meant to be corrected then, and "great" apologies do not correct said bugs.
85 Human Death Knight
If he had said they were working to resolve the issue then we would be less dramatic. The fact that they are saying, "we made a mistake but due to the nature of the mistake it is irreversible and you are screwed but we apoligize greatly" is abit frustrating.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]