Honor Points Capped at 4000

(Locked)

90 Orc Warrior
and ya cant buy anything because ya dont have enough season honor Pts what a EPIC fail ! ! !
85 Night Elf Priest
They can't automatically turn gold back into points. Some of you may add points to your totals while they work on it. Some of you could spend all your gold. It's not fixable. They don't have the resources to handle each person on an individual basis.

Too Bad
So Sad
Get Over It.

Better luck next time.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's amazing to me that a blue poster hasn't even responded to this thread. At the very least they could continue to grovel and beg for forgiveness - I guess Blizz figures that they don't need to, because their loyal band of faithful lapdogs will argue in their favor. And that's exactly what happened, a bunch of raving fanboys screaming "LEAVE BLIZZARD ALONE"
85 Orc Shaman
06/30/2011 05:21 AMPosted by Skyywolf
These threads always make me smile. It's fantastic to hear hundreds scream in unison "ZOMG, BLIZZ THIS IS THE LAST TIME!!1!!11! I R CANCEL ACCOUNT NAO!!1!!1" because they lost two hours worth of work, and then log in and go right back to no lifing it.

Two hours? I wish.

06/30/2011 07:14 AMPosted by Gaunte
No, I'm being realistic. What is it exactly you want Blizzard to do? You have expressed your dissatisfaction, how would you have them remedy this?

They could mail me the honor my toons should have received this week.

If we are to believe that they have no way to figure out how many conquest points players had before the disbursement of gold, they could at the very least refund points to those players who have not yet opened their mail.

They should have done it as soon as they discovered the issue.
Edited by Byzantine on 6/30/2011 7:50 AM PDT
72 Human Warlock
For me, it's I didn't lose out on anything or get screwed in any way. I'm just kind of disguisted with Blizzard.

The only thing more pathetic than this 'mistake' that can't be reversed, is the fact that I'm not surprised something like this happened.. You're living up to expectation Blizz, keep it up!
86 Draenei Paladin
bahumbug
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So the one's that are mad, are the ones that were stock piling conquest points? Which in turn makes the next season a lil more fair? Or am i off base?

It has absolutely nothing to do with next season.

As I have calmed down considerably from my original post, I will try to walk through it for those who don't understand.

Playing at ~2400, I capped out on gear rather quickly. After grabbing what I needed for my alt Boomkin spec (sometimes filled that slot in rBGs), I ran out of things to buy. Well, as you get 180 pts a win, a 2900 conquest cap takes quite awhile to fill out. But, we were told all along that conquest would be converted to honor at the end of the season. They came out later and said it wouldn't go above the 4k cap, then it would, and they were sure that it would.

Happy with the answer, I planned to buy my enchants for the coming season, buy mats for more expensive enchants (power torrent, etc.) and to fill out some alts' professions. At the end of the season, I had my regular honor cap of 4k, then an additional 16k conquest points that were also going to be converted.

Elated, I realized I'd have enough to finish out tailoring on my priest, get most of my Power Torrent w/o having to do the Heroics I don't enjoy, and get head/shoulder enchants for the coming season.

Logging in today, I have none of that. Not one bit. All I have for all the time I wasted getting those points that I had been assured is 6k gold. When gold is all-but-useless to me. I've had more gold than I could possibly need for a very long time.

And yeah, I could sink the gold I got into enchant mats and Embersilk, but A) it won't get me anywhere near as far as the honor would have, and B) there are a lot of price-gouging jerks on my server.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that Blizzard was quick to the punch on the apology. That's awesome, I'm glad. But like I said before, I've been here a long time; I know that PvP isn't their focus, and if all the PvPers disappeared tomorrow they'd be able to float this game no problem. But I have to be a responsible consumer too. There are a lot of games out there now, and coming very soon(TM) that have put their work into being as polished as possible.

Everyone's tipping point is different, there's no arguing that. Maybe I will suck it up, maybe not. But damn, I am still just very disappointed right now. And for me, PERSONALLY (ie, only for myself) I don't know if I can keep going. Which is fine. It's my decision.

I hope that clears it up.

....The gold from the conq ---> gold conversion is worth FAR more than any mats that you can buy with JP/HP. There is NO WAY that a maelstrom crystal is worth 1250g on any server anywhere. There's NO WAY a stack of embersilk is worth 400g.

Edit: This is just a question because I didn't actually see where they said it, but when did they indicate that they'd let you have more than the honor cap during the week between patch day and the new season?
Edited by Galinadria on 6/30/2011 11:19 AM PDT
85 Orc Shaman
06/30/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Galinadria
Edit: This is just a question because I didn't actually see where they said it, but when did they indicate that they'd let you have more than the honor cap during the week between patch day and the new season?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562

If you scroll down past their apology, you'll get to their previous explanation of the S9->S10 transition (last updated 6/17 IIRC).

"At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap. All Season 9 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 9 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 9 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point."
85 Human Rogue
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562

If you scroll down past their apology, you'll get to their previous explanation of the S9->S10 transition (last updated 6/17 IIRC).

All Season 9 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 9 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 9 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point."

Interesting quote.

"At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap."

"possibly exceeding"

"possibly"

Definition of "Possibly": 1 — used to say something might happen, exist, or be true but is not certain.
85 Orc Shaman
Interesting quote.

"At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap."

"possibly exceeding"

"possibly"

Definition of "Possibly": 1 — used to say something might happen, exist, or be true but is not certain.

Right, "possibly," as in...

'If you have 2000 Conquest Points and 2000 Honor Points you will end up with 4000 Honor Points, NOT exceeding the cap.'

'If you have 7100 Conquest Points and 4000 Honor Points you will end up with 11100 Honor Points, EXCEEDING the cap.'

Will everyone exceed the cap? No. Is it possible for some players to exceed the cap? That's what they told us.
Edited by Byzantine on 6/30/2011 2:22 PM PDT
85 Tauren Warrior
Its not really that big of a deal anyways haha , I don't think anyone really cares all that much.
85 Tauren Warrior
06/30/2011 08:49 AMPosted by Korlex
I'm just kind of disguisted with Blizzard.
I love trolls , I really do
85 Human Priest
Holy cow, ladies,its a game. If you want real pvp, go get ur butt kicked outside ur local bar... although, most of you probably arent old enough... go get a g/f or b/f. go do some real good. The US are warcriinals, lets nerf them!
85 Orc Shaman
06/30/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Womptromp
Its not really that big of a deal anyways haha , I don't think anyone really cares all that much.

I love trolls , I really do

Hmmm...
90 Goblin Priest
06/28/2011 02:32 PMPosted by Akunamatataz
Why can't you just do a rollback of some sort, it hasn't even been a day so I don't see this affecting many people. This is just pathetic tbh, if something PvE wise similar to this occured there would probaly be a rollback of some sort.

Psh, yeah, no one players WoW over the course of one day. It would effect like five people, you're totally right. It's not like half of everyone subscribed is on to check on the new content...
90 Human Warrior
OMG....did anyone notice that the patch notes were changed:

"Conquest & Honor Points

All existing Conquest Points in the Currency tab have been converted to Honor Points. All Honor Points exceeding the 4,000 point cap have been converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point and mailed to characters."

Is it my imagination?
Edited by Geminisa on 6/30/2011 9:43 PM PDT
88 Draenei Shaman
dispute the credit card payment. problem resolved.
85 Troll Rogue
Entitled crybabies. Blizzard is classier than 95% of you. screaming incompetence because $#!t happed (IT HAPPENS) makes you sound like some terrible, retarded movie villain. Grow up and have some class.

And losing ~2k honor? That's like ten battlegrounds. Battlegrounds are the things we play for fun, in case you've forgotten. On a serious note, if you're quivering with rage over the idea of having to play *more* battlegrounds? Maybe you don't like this game as much as you think you do.

Consider it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]