Honor Points Capped at 4000

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
They could fix it if they want to, they just cant be bothered, there is proof that it happened
85 Human Paladin
Bash, I know you're going to be taking a lot of heat for this "oversight." So I want to be the first to say, thank you for communicating the issue and letting us know that there isn't a way to undo the error.

Though I will admit this is very frustrating for those of us that were in the process of building sets.

Effectively it wasted everyone's arena points from last week.
----------------------------

As I thought about it more, wouldn't it make sense to not worry about the gold you distributed (it's a token amount anyhow, and serves as a way to compensate players for your error).

Then, you'd only have to worry about the conquest points that were stripped from players. This really wouldn't be that difficult of a solution.
Edited by Divinara on 6/28/2011 2:51 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Mage
06/28/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Bashiok
We apologize greatly for this error.

The all great and powerful lord bashiok apologizes greatly for this. that makes EVERYTHING BETTER /sarcasm
85 Undead Warrior
Settle down guys, it's just a game no need to get so firey about it.

Also. I got like 15k from the conversion, so woooo! :D

Yeah, let's see if they think that way if you skip a payment.
93 Human Paladin
Just give everyone that posts here 4K honor.

That would fix it.
LOL Nice joke Blizz, now give me my honor points. Wait what? You're serious... well at least ai worked my ass off the last two days to cap my honor just to have my hard earned Conquest Points get turned into a trivial amount of gold.

Just so you know, 35 silver per Conquest Points is insulting.
85 Troll Hunter
Blizz 1 community 0
85 Troll Mage
Is the conversion going to be applied again next Tuesday?
85 Night Elf Druid
GMC
I'm wondering what people were going to spend the extra honor on that has people so upset? The only thing I can think of is trade goods/enchanting mats.

85 Human Death Knight
06/28/2011 02:50 PMPosted by Morsk
Is the conversion going to be applied again next Tuesday?

HaHa This ^^
85 Human Paladin

I'm wondering what people were going to spend the extra honor on that has people so upset? The only thing I can think of is trade goods/enchanting mats.

It's generally only an issue for players that were saving conquest points to use with this weeks gains.

Take me for example: I only made 1K conquest or so last week and didn't spend it, but I'm capped out on honor (I like random BGs so I have a full set of BG gear)... effectively I spent a few hours doing arena to make a pathetic amount of gold.
Edited by Divinara on 6/28/2011 2:59 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
So WTF? All the CP I saved for this week to buy a weapon are erased for some worthless amount of gold? Awesome job....

All we get from them is a worthless

South Park "We're Sorrrrryyyy"

pretty sure it's time to quit this game a/w.
Edited by Megusta on 6/28/2011 3:04 PM PDT
80 Undead Mage
Bad form on the customer service here. It's particularly disappointing coming on the heels of a great experience I had with a GM regarding a ticket resolution yesterday.

06/28/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Bazy

In my case, I was going to be purchasing another couple of (former) Conquest Point items (I got into the last Arena season late, and I'm still playing catch-up on gear).

At any rate, I've been calculating out how long it's going to take me to make up the lost Honor that converted to gold (Time is Money!), when I had a thought.

Suggestion: how about adding a bonus to this upcoming BG weekend so it's at least faster to recoup the Honor we would have had?
85 Night Elf Druid
GMC

It's generally only an issue for players that were saving conquest points to use with this weeks gains.

Take me for example: I only made 1K conquest or so last week and didn't spend it, but I'm capped out on honor (I like random BGs so I have a full set of BG gear)... effectively I spent a few hours doing arena to make a pathetic amount of gold.

But the Maximum someone would be screwed out of that wanted to buy vicious gear is 1249 to 2119 honor. Doesn't seem like something to get that upset about.
85 Night Elf Druid
GMC

In my case, I was going to be purchasing another couple of (former) Conquest Point items (I got into the last Arena season late, and I'm still playing catch-up on gear).

Why didn't you buy it before last night with conquest points?
90 Blood Elf Mage
why should he have? It was goin to convert he could have got it tomorrow.
80 Undead Mage
Because per Blizzard's post regarding CP conversion, I had a week to do so. And with their annoucement that items bought right before the patch would not be refundable post-patch, I didn't want to buy something at the last minute.

Edit: And to quote an old adage. "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed."
Edited by Sendor on 6/28/2011 3:09 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]