Honor Points Capped at 4000

(Locked)

90 Goblin Rogue
unfortunately due to the nature of the currency conversion that took place, we’ll be unable to reverse the change, remove the delivered gold, or reinstate the surplus Honor Points.

We apologize greatly for this error.

Dab your eyes there sweetheart, I'm afraid this is as good of an apology and explanation as you can expect from anyone.

Now go outside and realize it's not the end of the world.
85 Night Elf Hunter
@Elzeothis

You hit it on the head, I am just terrible with words
1 Human Hunter
06/28/2011 02:34 PMPosted by Luckedout
If he had said they were working to resolve the issue then we would be less dramatic. The fact that they are saying, "we made a mistake but due to the nature of the mistake it is irreversible and you are screwed but we apoligize greatly" is abit frustrating.

So you'd rather he lied to us and left us hoping for a fix that was never going to come?
85 Human Death Knight
OH NO, i will have to play for 2 hours to replace the conquest i lost...

On AV weekend....

On a 3 day weekend....

/sarcasm.

Thanks for the free gold! Will soften the blow of buying new gems/enchants for the new season :)
Edited by Spungus on 6/28/2011 4:03 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Really guys do you need to be this dramatic? Like Honor points are some hard thing to get.

I do like the one guy that said hes going to cancel all 5 of his accounts over this. lol

I mean wow, the honor you lost from this error you could probally get back in one evening of random BG's. I lost a lot of extra honor points I would have had on several toons and frankly, its no big deal, honor points are easy to come by.

73 Tauren Druid
Im thinking most of the "zomg you guys screwed up again" posts have never been part of a large release.

There is no such thing as perfect releases anymore - too much time and money go into them to achieve it. If they worked out every bug pre release everyone would scream about still being on 1.3 (and Windows 98 as well).

It sucks, mistakes happen, move on. If you get all fired up over small items like this, or issues post a release - you will really struggle once you get a job and have things like this that affect your ability to do your job every month or two.
60 Night Elf Druid
lol, oops!
19 Draenei Shaman
No biggie. Thanks for the update.
90 Human Warrior
So you can't be bothered to fix this mistake? Ridiculous. You told us, ahead of time, how you're going to be applying your changes. We planned accordingly to save up points by spending time in arenas or rated BGs and you can't be bothered??

You've arbitrarily taken these points away from us and given us a tiny amount of gold in its place?

Seriously? Talk about amazingly bad customer service.

85 Human Death Knight
06/28/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Zolvolt
Pathetic

Oh my.

Epic Fail.

-1,000,000 DKP

06/28/2011 02:16 PMPosted by Tyrazsun
Nice fail

06/28/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Dolcetto
If this does not get resolved you just lost 5 accounts

You people are *!*%ing pathetic. just reading that pissed me off. You have no right to chastise Blizz for such a minute mistake. What if they said those things to you everytime you played badly in the game or made a mistake? I actually hope they do. Teach you kids some respect because apparently your parents failed at teaching you compassion and understanding.

If I tell my customers I will give them a bottle of Caymus Cabernet on Tuesday and they show up and I give them 2 buck chuck I would not expect them to shop at my store anymore.

They told us what to expect in the patch notes. They screwed it up and we should be made whole. We do not pay a monthly fee for incompetence. If their business model is letting their subscriber base know in advance what to expect, then do something totally different without correction, then I will vote with my wallet and stop playing. This is a pay to play game. My compassion and understanding would be there if they fix it. Otherwise, why should we continue to pay for something promised to us then denied by virtue of their failure?

This error is no different than Blizzard touting the new firelands raid and on patch day saying we are sorry the new raid is vanilla molten core. If they say they are going to do something then they should do it. Damned if I fork over my money because their mistakes cost me many hours of time wasted grinding conquest and honor.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys need to stop crying. You were compensated for your conquest points. Go do a few BGs and you'll have a full vicious set. I'm not sure what the problem is here.
85 Troll Priest
06/28/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Boomshacka
No biggie. Thanks for the update.

This. Programming issues happen. This won't make or break any ones pvp season.

So again, no biggie, thanks for the update.
85 Undead Rogue
why dont you just give everyone an additonal 2000 honor and fix this mistake? I was banking my CP as I knew it will get converted and go over the 4k limit. It was your mistake, this would be a show of good faith.

No need to check each character and do rollbacks - 2,000 honor isn't that much, and those that don't PVP won't really care. Giving people 2,000 honor won't be accelerating the aquisation of gear at all.
90 Goblin Shaman
Disappointing, but not the end of the world.
90 Goblin Rogue
06/28/2011 04:14 PMPosted by Dolcetto

You people are *!*%ing pathetic. just reading that pissed me off. You have no right to chastise Blizz for such a minute mistake. What if they said those things to you everytime you played badly in the game or made a mistake? I actually hope they do. Teach you kids some respect because apparently your parents failed at teaching you compassion and understanding.

If I tell my customers I will give them a bottle of Caymus Cabernet on Tuesday and they show up and I give them 2 buck chuck I would not expect them to shop at my store anymore.

They told us what to expect in the patch notes. They screwed it up and we should be made whole. We do not pay a monthly fee for incompetence. If their business model is letting their subscriber base know in advance what to expect, then do something totally different without correction, then I will vote with my wallet and stop playing. This is a pay to play game. My compassion and understanding would be there if they fix it. Otherwise, why should we continue to pay for something promised to us then denied by virtue of their failure?

This error is no different than Blizzard touting the new firelands raid and on patch day saying we are sorry the new raid is vanilla molten core. If they say they are going to do something then they should do it. Damned if I fork over my money because their mistakes cost me many hours of time wasted grinding conquest and honor.

You should be made whole.

But they can't do it.

Stop crying.

If this is the first time in your life that you're realizing that you don't always get what you want...buckle up, sonny! It's going to be a bumpy ride!
Converted all my excess VP to CP prior to patch since it was posted the CP > HP would be uncapped.

Not amused
Edited by Indraenil on 6/28/2011 4:33 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]