Honor Points Capped at 4000

(Locked)

100 Human Warlock
Between my 2519 Honor and 16,182 Conquest points saved, I was supposed to have 18,701 Honor points when I logged on today. I spent dozens of hours running Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds to amass these points. I sold thousands of Valor Points for more Conquest Points, which could have instead been used to purchase extremely valuable BoE gear. These 18,701 Honor points were worth 12,250 Justice points, which were to be used to purchase a number of Heirloom items for my alts.

The reward for these weeks of effort: a tiny bit of gold.

Blizzard, you have all the data you need to fix this. Examine the mail logs, calculate the converted Honor from the amount of gold sent, hotfix the softcap back in, and COD everyone their lost honor points in exchange for returning the gold.

FIX THIS PLEASE.
85 Draenei Death Knight
06/28/2011 10:07 PMPosted by Grinling
Dont think we will forget about this. We wont

I'm gonna have to keep a screenshot of this one. This is comedy gold.

Get it... GOLD!!! bahahha
06/28/2011 09:52 PMPosted by Balooberry
Im not sure i understand what is going on...? Can someone please explain it in 4 year old terms (not trolling, im actually serious).

We basically can't earn honor over 4k.

Not yet anyways.
87 Pandaren Rogue
So the one's that are mad, are the ones that were stock piling conquest points? Which in turn makes the next season a lil more fair? Or am i off base?
58 Troll Death Knight
Im not sure what the big deal is EXACTLY.

Here is my take (from what i have seen so far) which one of these am i not getting right?
Conquest was going to get converted anyway, it happened early.
Honor points from the conversion were to be capped anyway, giving gold for excess, that happened early too.
Vicious gear appears to have been moved to honor prices (from what i can see on the vendor), just not from one vendor to the other.
There no new conquest gear yet.

Which of this is the main issue, i cant see why any of these would create a true gaming hardship aside from the new gear not popping up yet.

If anything you all have been given a free week to start growing up your conquest to start getting that new fancy gear when it comes out, seems like a bonus to me.
100 Night Elf Rogue
This problem didn't effect me at all, but I still have to agree with the people that are upset. Customer service wise it's just unacceptable to promise something to your customers, screw it up and then refuse to do anything about it. I work in software developement myself and yes, things get messed up from time to time, but if you fail your customers, you find a way to make it right.
100 Human Warlock
Im not sure what the big deal is EXACTLY.

Here is my take (from what i have seen so far) which one of these am i not getting right?
Conquest was going to get converted anyway, it happened early.
Honor points from the conversion were to be capped anyway, giving gold for excess, that happened early too.
Vicious gear appears to have been moved to honor prices (from what i can see on the vendor), just not from one vendor to the other.
There no new conquest gear yet.

Which of this is the main issue, i cant see why any of these would create a true gaming hardship aside from the new gear not popping up yet.

If anything you all have been given a free week to start growing up your conquest to start getting that new fancy gear when it comes out, seems like a bonus to me.

The big deal is that Blizzard promised we'd have a week to spend our Conquest+Honor points over the cap. People planned to spend those points during that week, based on this promise from Blizzard. Some people worked days or weeks to earn extra points for these purposes, or delayed their purchases based on this information. We who trusted Blizzard and lost thousands of Honor points because of their mistake think it's a very big deal.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Glad I came here and searched to see this blue post. I put in a ticket, got an in-game mail as a reply without any contact from the GM, and the in-game mail pretty much ignored what I said and seemed more like a copy+paste form mail. The single contact in reply to my ticket didn't explain this simple mistake whatsoever. I'm more upset about the handling of the customer service aspect of this situation than I am of the mistake itself. :/ ...although I am pretty miffed at the mistake, it doesn't seem unreasonable that something could be done to compensate for the human error (more than just the point-to-gold conversion that would have happened eventually anyway).
85 Night Elf Druid
06/28/2011 10:48 PMPosted by Trixsta
So the one's that are mad, are the ones that were stock piling conquest points? Which in turn makes the next season a lil more fair? Or am i off base?

It has absolutely nothing to do with next season.

As I have calmed down considerably from my original post, I will try to walk through it for those who don't understand.

Playing at ~2400, I capped out on gear rather quickly. After grabbing what I needed for my alt Boomkin spec (sometimes filled that slot in rBGs), I ran out of things to buy. Well, as you get 180 pts a win, a 2900 conquest cap takes quite awhile to fill out. But, we were told all along that conquest would be converted to honor at the end of the season. They came out later and said it wouldn't go above the 4k cap, then it would, and they were sure that it would.

Happy with the answer, I planned to buy my enchants for the coming season, buy mats for more expensive enchants (power torrent, etc.) and to fill out some alts' professions. At the end of the season, I had my regular honor cap of 4k, then an additional 16k conquest points that were also going to be converted.

Elated, I realized I'd have enough to finish out tailoring on my priest, get most of my Power Torrent w/o having to do the Heroics I don't enjoy, and get head/shoulder enchants for the coming season.

Logging in today, I have none of that. Not one bit. All I have for all the time I wasted getting those points that I had been assured is 6k gold. When gold is all-but-useless to me. I've had more gold than I could possibly need for a very long time.

And yeah, I could sink the gold I got into enchant mats and Embersilk, but A) it won't get me anywhere near as far as the honor would have, and B) there are a lot of price-gouging jerks on my server.

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that Blizzard was quick to the punch on the apology. That's awesome, I'm glad. But like I said before, I've been here a long time; I know that PvP isn't their focus, and if all the PvPers disappeared tomorrow they'd be able to float this game no problem. But I have to be a responsible consumer too. There are a lot of games out there now, and coming very soon(TM) that have put their work into being as polished as possible.

Everyone's tipping point is different, there's no arguing that. Maybe I will suck it up, maybe not. But damn, I am still just very disappointed right now. And for me, PERSONALLY (ie, only for myself) I don't know if I can keep going. Which is fine. It's my decision.

I hope that clears it up.
Edited by Pinkunicorn on 6/28/2011 11:37 PM PDT
85 Tauren Death Knight
I love all the people defending Blizzard and saying it's not a big deal. Just because it's a not a big deal to YOU, doesn't mean other people aren't entitled to be upset.
Some are upset, but they're infinitely better at coping with a fumble like this.

I have seen far, far, far worse messups than this in my job. And I would say with a little more frequency.

@!#* happens, that's the reality of it. Sometimes those messups aren't reversable. I love people preaching to Blizzard like they're just making a conscientious choice to half ass it and throwing proverbs at them like it means anything.

100 Human Warlock
06/28/2011 11:56 PMPosted by Shimala
@!#* happens, that's the reality of it. Sometimes those messups aren't reversable. I love people preaching to Blizzard like they're just making a conscientious choice to half ass it and throwing proverbs at them like it means anything.

It's completely reversible. See my post at the top of this page for a quick how-to.

Blizzard needs to fix this immediately.
85 Worgen Druid
Don't recover the gold then, let people keep it as a "sorry" for you inconveniencing them.

Just reverse us our conquest, kthx.
90 Human Paladin
I'm not really that into endgame content on any of my mains yet, but this isn't what I expect from Blizzard. To me this is just further proof that the awesome folks that worked on TBC and WotLK and almost all attention is being secretly moved to Project Titan while Blizzard's baby is in the hands of the backup guys.

I'm sorry; but from what I've seen since Cataclysm this isn't the same company I fell in love with ten years ago.
90 Human Paladin
ITS PATCH DAY!

Seriously if you people didn't expect some sort of bug, error or problem then you are idiots. Sorry I'm being blunt but this has happened every patch since the beginning of time. It happens in other games as well. Even the most polished often have a bug here or there that pop up. Its how things are.

Seriously get over it.

Yeah, but they've always fixed it no matter how monumental. Now they're saying "Sorry, nope; here's 35 silver for every conquest point you had which is worthless because everyone knows gold is about the most trivial resource in the game unless you're after flying or some-such."
93 Troll Warrior
Pretty disappointing, but whatever. People make mistakes.

For all we know, they probably ALREADY tried to fix it and realized that it was impossible. They don't even know how it happened yet.

At least they were nice enough to let us know that they know they made a mistake, and at least they're apologizing for it.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm sad. I didn't need the gold, I needed the gear. You could just mail everyone who had their conquest points converted a commendation of sorts that grants them honor.
85 Blood Elf Mage
oh crap however will they survive if 5 people stop playing O____O
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]