Honor Points Capped at 4000

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Hunter
06/28/2011 02:34 PMPosted by Luckedout
If he had said they were working to resolve the issue then we would be less dramatic. The fact that they are saying, "we made a mistake but due to the nature of the mistake it is irreversible and you are screwed but we apoligize greatly" is abit frustrating.

yeah! whatever happened to the good old days when blizz would lie to us!
Edited by Shootnblànks on 6/29/2011 10:24 AM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
This is the lame copy n paste response to my in game ticket which explains nothing related to the issue. According to this reply we should still get our points converted to honor potentially exceeding 4,000 points. I guess the fail has not made it down to the GM's yet.

All you people saying we are over reacting need to take a step back and think of how you would feel if your months of raiding epics were suddenly removed from your account. Those of us who invested considerable time into stockpiling points should be compensated. There is no reason Blizzard cannot issue us honor to fix the problem. Most of the people responding in favor of Blizzard must not realize how long it took to accumulate all the extra conquest points. Imagine if you had spent many hours of your time grinding points out every week for months only to have all your hard work taken away. Imagine your pve epics you have gained from drops over the months of the current arena season were removed. Some of you do not realize how much hard work it was to stockpile so many points. My will to play any further is gone. Essentially I wasted a good many months of my life playing this game for 35 silver per point.

Blizzard has made mistakes in the past but none has ever wasted this much of my time in the process. Actually, they have always made an effort to fix most of their mistakes. If this does not get resolved then Blizzard will lose a long time customer. I have been playing since release and in all those years I have never had so much of my personal time wasted for such a stupid mistake on their part.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.With Patch 4.2, Conquest Points have been converted to Honor Points, potentially exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap. The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the launch of 4.2 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 9 titles and mounts. Any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point. In addition, Season 10 rewards will be made available for purchase with Conquest Points awarded during the new season. All Season 9 items now cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost), with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached; these items will no longer be available for purchase.All Team and Personal Ratings will be wiped when Season 10 begins. Matchmaking Ratings, however, will carry over into Season 10.For more information on Patch 4.2, please visit the In-Game Knowledgebase - simply click the Red Question Mark in your menu.

Scralzort
Blizzard Entertainment
86 Night Elf Druid
You know it takes real world time to gain these points! I work hard on my pvp almost everyday! And the reward is gold? Not much gold either! I am monumentally upset. I had a ton of conquest points saved up and I was proud of that. Who knows, I could have purchased a peice very soon. It's all I got since I don't raid, don't do arena's or and mainly just pvp in my spare time. Which is sincerely precious to me. Then you just take things away that we had been hoping for. Screw you! Is all I gotta say!
87 Pandaren Rogue
There's nothing they can do. Like one post said, what about the people that have already spent the gold? They can't do a mass re-roll cause the people that have spent the gold on the AH paid someone. So there will be double the amount of people upset. Then they have to apologize to those guys. Then how do you determine which gold they spent. Theirs, the justice points gold, or the honor gold? If someone got 4k gold from the conversion and they went and spent 4001g ...then what? They screwed up, how do they fix it?

Someone complained about trolls earlier. I don't see how your posts anymore constructive. If you cry more you think they will just fix it? They said they can't fix it. If you think they can, come up with a way to do it. Otherwise you're just complaining about a game that YOU pay for and YOU can stop paying for it if you're so upset. 5mil customers and only 8 pages of complaints with 1/3 of us not upset.
90 Human Warrior
I don't understand why so many are minimizing what has happened here.
Yes, mistakes happen. We lost alot of points for gold which most of us don't need. Blizz admitted the mistake and will not do anything about it? That's not right. It can be fixed but Blizz is not willing to spend the time, effort or finances to rectify their gross mistake. We spent time and effort accumulating those points. Does that matter? It's a huge injustice and poor customer service.
Dolcetto said it accurately for those PVE ers that can't see why this is wrong.
I got the same lame ingame mail to my ticket.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's a huge injustice.

Really? Is it? Right up there with Apartheid is it? Someone needs some perspective.
85 Human Death Knight
There's nothing they can do. Like one post said, what about the people that have already spent the gold? They can't do a mass re-roll cause the people that have spent the gold on the AH paid someone. So there will be double the amount of people upset. Then they have to apologize to those guys. Then how do you determine which gold they spent. Theirs, the justice points gold, or the honor gold? If someone got 4k gold from the conversion and they went and spent 4001g ...then what? They screwed up, how do they fix it?

Someone complained about trolls earlier. I don't see how your posts anymore constructive. If you cry more you think they will just fix it? They said they can't fix it. If you think they can, come up with a way to do it. Otherwise you're just complaining about a game that YOU pay for and YOU can stop paying for it if you're so upset. 5mil customers and only 8 pages of complaints with 1/3 of us not upset.

The gold they sent me is sitting in my mailbox on all 15 characters who got screwed. If you look at the gold they sent me I am sure it doesn't take a rocket scientist to refund that in honor. I have no plans on touching that gold email on any of my characters until this is resolved.
55 Orc Death Knight
So in 4.2, I lost my conquest currency in a conversion error, I still get dc'd if I alt-tab while taking a flight path, I still can't see half of my teammates on the map in battlegrounds, and I still get disconnected when switching characters.

But I can /dance in combat and /roar.

Sounds about par for the course.

LOL
83 Blood Elf Rogue
To all the idiots constantly complaining - Life isn't fair and crap just happens, thats how it is and always will be if you live long enough to figure it out. Make the most of what you have and move on ffs.
So WTF? All the CP I saved for this week to buy a weapon are erased for some worthless amount of gold? Awesome job....

??...

They remove arena (now conquest) points at the end of every season. The issue here is that people were going to be given an extra week to get honor capped. Even if this issue hadn't occurred, you would still not be able to buy that weapon that you wanted because arenas and rated BGs would've been closed anyway.
100 Troll Warrior
06/28/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Bazy
I'm wondering what people were going to spend the extra honor on that has people so upset? The only thing I can think of is trade goods/enchanting mats.

You can purchase Bind on Account gear for honor.
I agree with Geminisa above. We all read the patch notes and when this mistake was acknowledged by Blizzard, we waited to see what they were planning to do to rectify their mistake. My reponse from Blizzard was a boilerplate in-game e-mail reciting the previously stated patch note.

The point of this all is that it is just bad customer service. Regardless of the specific mistake. When a company admits that they made a mistake and harmed some of their customers, their best practice is to make those affected whole (and thus happy) again.

A company that ignores this basic tenant for too long is thrown in the ash heap of history while others take their place.
87 Pandaren Rogue

I have no doubt that they either can't fix it, or cannot reasonably fix it without doing more detriment than its worth. I stated earlier that what is done is done. So you think that means it's not constructive to complain about an issue they can't fix? Perhaps, if you look at it that narrowly. But I'm voicing my opinion in hopes that they don't make similar mistakes in the future. I'm not really interested in quitting - I'm interested in getting a better product (or better stated - the same quality product I've gotten in years prior).

The yanking of guild achievements for guild xp within a couple days of the xpac, the reduced conquest gains/increased time requirement on arenas in 4.1 (all completely unannounced until it went live), and now this in 4.2. All the while the game remains very buggy, and they are spending their efforts making sure we can dance in combat and /roar and whatnot. I feel I'm entitled to express my concern for the direction of the customer service and quality of the game.

Fair enough. However, 20 people out of 6 million+ isn't gonna get the job done. Complaining on the forums isn't gonna do anything either. If people want to make a difference the have to do something about it other than complain. Either you get a large group of people (and I mean large) to go on 'strike' or type up an email, with fixes or suggestions, and give it to a mass amount of people, so they can send it too. Can't just be complaining. And it needs to be enogh people to get their attention. Otherwise, they know you will get over it at some point.

And no, you shouldn't HAVE to do that if it was a perfect world. But say you were an artist, and you were in it for the money. Not for the love. You make an album and go Quad platinum. Would you care what the 20 people of 4 million records you sold said? Especially if they kept buying your records?
Edited by Trixsta on 6/29/2011 4:01 PM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
To be honest i dont see the issue, were getting the weapons next week anyway. And now all the pvp peices(minus weapons) can be purchased with honor.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ITS PATCH DAY!

Seriously if you people didn't expect some sort of bug, error or problem then you are idiots. Sorry I'm being blunt but this has happened every patch since the beginning of time. It happens in other games as well. Even the most polished often have a bug here or there that pop up. Its how things are.

Seriously get over it.

A company that brings in 800 million dollars of revenue every year from this game alone made a huge mistake, and you're saying GET OVER IT THESE THINGS HAPPEN HUR HUR HURRRRRRR

God, Blizzard apologists always make me mad.

That said, I'm glad I stopped caring about PvP in BC. I'm also glad I stopped expecting decent customer service from Blizz - "we apologize greatly" is such a pathetic offering for the ramifications of this mistake.
Edited by Charms on 6/29/2011 4:23 PM PDT
85 Orc Shaman
06/29/2011 03:57 PMPosted by Zerde
To be honest i dont see the issue, were getting the weapons next week anyway. And now all the pvp peices(minus weapons) can be purchased with honor.

As you can see by my armory I still have a solid number of blue items.

I saved up 4000 honor prior to the patch with the intention of buying vicious gear for honor this week before season 10 started.

I also saved up a little over 7000 conquest points, both because I was sort of hoping to get back to 2.2k last week for the T2 weapon, and because Blizzard said that anything purchased immediately before the patch would not be refundable post-patch.

So I waited, and now instead of 11000 honor to spend on vicious gear to prep for S10, I've got 4k honor and a middle finger from Blizz in my mailbox.
Edited by Byzantine on 6/29/2011 4:39 PM PDT
84 Night Elf Druid
06/29/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Anjis
It's a huge injustice.

Really? Is it? Right up there with Apartheid is it? Someone needs some perspective.

Yeah, you do, it seems.
90 Human Warrior
06/29/2011 11:27 AMPosted by Anjis
It's a huge injustice.

06/29/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Tyrazsun

Yeah, you do, it seems.

You gotta love the ones that take one sentence and focus on it rather than the issue at hand.

"It's a huge injustice" - for me just meant Blizz screwed up and should be accountable and respond accordingly.

And yes my friends, its not like the Apartheid or the hungry little children. LOL
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]