Honor Points Capped at 4000

(Locked)

The problem is a bunch of self important babies crying about a mistake. Blizz will never make everyone happy, they shouldn't even try. Just take the tears with a grain of salt.
There's nothing they can do. Like one post said, what about the people that have already spent the gold? They can't do a mass re-roll cause the people that have spent the gold on the AH paid someone. So there will be double the amount of people upset. Then they have to apologize to those guys. Then how do you determine which gold they spent. Theirs, the justice points gold, or the honor gold? If someone got 4k gold from the conversion and they went and spent 4001g ...then what? They screwed up, how do they fix it?

Someone complained about trolls earlier. I don't see how your posts anymore constructive. If you cry more you think they will just fix it? They said they can't fix it. If you think they can, come up with a way to do it. Otherwise you're just complaining about a game that YOU pay for and YOU can stop paying for it if you're so upset. 5mil customers and only 8 pages of complaints with 1/3 of us not upset.

The gold they sent me is sitting in my mailbox on all 15 characters who got screwed. If you look at the gold they sent me I am sure it doesn't take a rocket scientist to refund that in honor. I have no plans on touching that gold email on any of my characters until this is resolved.

Fair enough, in 30 days it'll be deleted. Way to bite your nose off...
90 Gnome Warrior
awwhhh bashi, i cant stay mad at you.. anyways the early conversion turned in my favour. Because now all the pro's are rushing to regain their pointages. therefore giving me shorter ques and more hardy playmembers.
I forgive you.

~~~~bashiok fan club
After reading through the posts in this thread I think Blizzard should rename this patch "Rage of the Entitled Crybabies"

I can't believe how much fuss is being kicked up over having to do a little bit extra pvp. It's a game and now you have an excuse to play the game a little more.

I appreciate your constructive comments and arguments you have placed forth. You've interjected many points that I didn't consider prior to this. Thanks to you, I have decided to no longer be upset to any degree. The community needs more people like you.

Hilarious how qq threads bring out the trolls in droves that have absolutely zero stake in the content of the thread one way or the other.

I was merely making an observation

You would think by reading some of the replies in this thread that Blizzard accidentally deleted a bunch of characters and can't restore them. It's an extra few weeks tops out of a season that will likely last 6-7 months, and crying over spilt milk when Blizzard has already apologised and said they can't reverse the change just makes them look like what I said, entitled crybabies.
90 Gnome Mage
06/29/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Toonvestite
The problem is a bunch of self important babies crying about a mistake. Blizz will never make everyone happy, they shouldn't even try. Just take the tears with a grain of salt.

06/28/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Msjudged
LOL! You guys amuse me. Just quit the game if you hate it so much. Or if it's ruining your lives. They aren't forcing you to pay them. I thought the conversions were today anyway. So i am happy. But go ahead and continue on your rants. I find enjoyment from it.

I don't see people in this thread ranting. I see plenty of people who saw that Blizz said X, planned on X, and aren't entirely sure why they should be happy that Y happened instead.

So you managed to either ignore or mis-read the patch notes, and it still worked out for you. Congratulations. Meanwhile, those of us who spent time learning that those little word thingies have actual meanings shouldn't be expected to jump for joy when what we were told and what happened are two completely different things...
06/29/2011 12:06 PMPosted by Pacity
The yanking of guild achievements for guild xp within a couple days of the xpac, the reduced conquest gains/increased time requirement on arenas in 4.1 (all completely unannounced until it went live), and now this in 4.2. All the while the game remains very buggy, and they are spending their efforts making sure we can dance in combat and /roar and whatnot.
...although it seems to be par for the course for this xpac. Hey, though, don't forget that Soul Harvest got a new spell effect! /dancesincombat
85 Orc Warrior
Wonder how many people checked their mail, saw a stash of gold, and went YIPPEE...

Let's say you've spent the gold you were sent. What are they supposed to do, take every last copper you have to convert it back to points you had?

Even if you didn't spend it, there's an obvious problem.

A possible solution would be to make one or two pieces of gear available for gold (say. 500g worth and that's all you could purchase, or more considering the amount you had converted). But then non-pvpers could cash in on that too..
85 Orc Shaman

I appreciate your constructive comments and arguments you have placed forth. You've interjected many points that I didn't consider prior to this. Thanks to you, I have decided to no longer be upset to any degree. The community needs more people like you.

Hilarious how qq threads bring out the trolls in droves that have absolutely zero stake in the content of the thread one way or the other.

You would think by reading some of the replies in this thread that Blizzard accidentally deleted a bunch of characters and can't restore them. It's an extra few weeks tops out of a season that will likely last 6-7 months, and crying over spilt milk when Blizzard has already apologised and said they can't reverse the change just makes them look like what I said, entitled crybabies.

According to you if Blizzard deleted my toons I should thank them because they've given me an excuse to play more.

derp

According to you if Blizzard deleted my toons I should thank them because they've given me an excuse to play more.

derp

Way to take what I said in two different posts, combine them and then paraphrase me out of context.

derp
85 Orc Shaman
Wonder how many people checked their mail, saw a stash of gold, and went YIPPEE...

Let's say you've spent the gold you were sent. What are they supposed to do, take every last copper you have to convert it back to points you had?

Even if you didn't spend it, there's an obvious problem.

A possible solution would be to make one or two pieces of gear available for gold (say. 500g worth and that's all you could purchase, or more considering the amount you had converted). But then non-pvpers could cash in on that too..

How about they just give the points back and take the hit for adding extra gold to the economy instead of forcing players to take this hit.

Way to take what I said in two different posts, combine them and then paraphrase me out of context.

derp

No, the context is clear, your argument was just asinine.
Edited by Byzantine on 6/29/2011 7:22 PM PDT
All of you Blizzard apologists just don't seem to get it. Mistakes happen - customers become unhappy. Good business sense dictates that PVP'rs in this case are made happy. Bad business = loss of business over time. Not crying about this situation just wondering where Blizzards business head is at given the poor customer service ethic.
Edited by Carlis on 6/29/2011 7:45 PM PDT
85 Human Death Knight
correct me if im wrong but ptr is for getting bugs worked out right

You could say the same thing about complaining here after Blizzard has already apologised and said they can't reverse it :)
85 Orc Shaman
06/29/2011 10:10 PMPosted by Gaunte

You could say the same thing about complaining here after Blizzard has already apologised and said they can't reverse it :)

Don't be dense. They might not be able to reverse the process, but they can take steps to make this up to their player base.

I've registered my displeasure, I've canceled, and now I'm just going to wait.
90 Dwarf Rogue
They're just trying to make us play more! EVIL!!!!
90 Draenei Shaman
While I understand people were inconvenienced by it and people want it fixed I get Blizzard's position. Even if they might be able to do it(and were not even sure they could), how much resources would they have to spend to do it? Resources they could use to fixed other more pressing matters?

In the end the most we lose is time. Just regrind the honor.
24 Night Elf Priest
06/28/2011 02:18 PMPosted by Kalicor
Settle down guys, it's just a game no need to get so firey about it.
People reeeaally need to stop saying this on a gamer forum.
100 Draenei Shaman
I can understand that they made a mistake, and that it would cost too much time and trouble to fix it.

However, something they could fix is remove the requirement to have a certain amount of honor points earned in the current season to purchase weapons and relics, since there is no current season.

I earned enough last season to purchase a relic, and I had (and no have) enough honor points, but I can't purchase the relic because I haven't earned enough this seaon (of which there isn't one).

90 Undead Warlock
These threads always make me smile. It's fantastic to hear hundreds scream in unison "ZOMG, BLIZZ THIS IS THE LAST TIME!!1!!11! I R CANCEL ACCOUNT NAO!!1!!1" because they lost two hours worth of work, and then log in and go right back to no lifing it.
85 Orc Warrior
Can't do anything about it = too much work for them to do anything about it I'd guess. You know they keep backups/snapshots of toons of some sort to restore them after they are hacked so I'm sure they have the data available - they just are not willing to go through the effort of looping over all the toons in the game and doing the reimbursement in some kind of custom engineered script or whatever. I could be wrong but that's my guess.
You clearly have no idea the massive amount of work that would go in to this, as well as unwanted complications with players who had already spent the gold, etc.

Be thankful they don't do like some games and just do a roll back and give a big eff you to everyone who had made money / gotten loot in the last 24 hours.

I guess you missed the part where I said "I could be wrong"... however, I do know that:
1) They can easily restore someones account after they've been hacked and the hackers have done who knows what with the toon
2) Any competent software firm is going to do some serious backups prior to a major patch release
3) I'm a software engineer by trade so I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to what can and can't be done

All that considered, I would be surprised and very skeptical of their design/architecture if they did not have the data and the means to fix this issue. However, as I said in my original post, I believe it's more a matter of they are not willing to put forth the effort to fix it - not that they cannot. So basically, you're the one with the idiotic response... read more carefully before inserting your foot in your mouth kthxbye.

Even if it is too complicated to resolve accurately, they could certainly come up with some way to placate the people who planned for the temporary honor cap removal - I capped my honor points prior to the patch and had something like 900 conquest points that I expected to convert to honor allowing me to get one more piece of vicious gear immediately when the patch dropped. It's not a huge deal, I'm a casual player, but I think it's Blizzard's response to the issue that makes this a bigger deal.
Edited by Hankchinaski on 6/30/2011 5:45 AM PDT
06/29/2011 10:21 PMPosted by Byzantine

Don't be dense. They might not be able to reverse the process, but they can take steps to make this up to their player base.

I've registered my displeasure, I've canceled, and now I'm just going to wait.

No, I'm being realistic. What is it exactly you want Blizzard to do? You have expressed your dissatisfaction, how would you have them remedy this?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]