I didn't sign up on a PVE server to PVP.

85 Orc Hunter
Now before you go saying "STOP THE QQ" I just want to let you all know i do have an 85 priest on a pvp server, and I have done the thrall quest chain and very much enjoyed killing people. However when I go to a pve server i do not want random people of the opposit faction to go pvp so i accidently click them and attack only to have my face smashed in. That is all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Stop the QQ
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
So don't?

If you're attacking them first it's your own fault.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Agree completely. If saving Thrall is so important, the quest shouldn't be flagging people, or making it so easy for them to get flagged.

I like Thrall, but in this case, he can rot.
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Warrior
So don't?

Yes, scorn the victim and not the aggressor. There's means to avoid the issues, such as /target and what-else-have-you, but it's no rectification for the circumstance and your attitude.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
You act as if I am TRYING to attack them Asari.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Happened to me twice. Once while I was on the phone. So I put on PvP gear and farmed horde till I got bored then went and Shadowmeld till my flag wore off.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/28/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Cherrytart
Now before you go saying "STOP THE QQ" I just want to let you all know i do have an 85 priest on a pvp server, and I have done the thrall quest chain and very much enjoyed killing people. However when I go to a pve server i do not want random people of the opposit faction to go pvp so i accidently click them and attack only to have my face smashed in. That is all.

I don't PvP either. In fact I got upset the first few times I got flagged and died. However, I learned to be careful after that and didn't get flagged anymore. I also completed the quests without many problems.

If it really bothers you then wait a few dies until the madness dies down. Otherwise, let the PvPers have their week of World PVP fun.
Edited by Sorelai on 6/28/2011 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
It doesn't matter if you target them or not- there are some classes that almost automatically use an aoe of some sort, and once you do- then you get flagged & ganked. My hubby & I both PVP, but I'd rather do it on my terms, in a BG or arena- where I know it's going to happen. I don't appreciate being *forced* into PVP while questing.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Agree completely. If saving Thrall is so important, the quest shouldn't be flagging people, or making it so easy for them to get flagged.

I like Thrall, but in this case, he can rot.

Yes. It's Thrall's fault people flag themselves.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
So don't?

In the general case I agree. But *in particular*, with the elemental quest in Uldum more than any of the others, Blizz made it way too easy to accidentally flag yourself for PvP on a PvE realm. Small space, both the elementals and opposing faction PvPers show up in the same yellow when you tab through them, some of the griefers tried to stay next to the elementals so they might get accidentally targeted, letting them go in for the kill. Bad design here. I'm not against the concept you are advancing here, but in *this particular case* I think it's a little oversimplified and even a little flippant. Blizzard made it way too easy to make this mistake.

Just the same, in a week none of this will matter as I doubt this will be happening much any more once the novelty runs off.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Because tabbing slowly is the way to speed through the quests -.- I'm not here to lollygag around and pick flowers to bring to thrall when hes all better >.>
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
Yes. It's Thrall's fault people flag themselves.

Metzen probably gave him a new mind control ability.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
06/28/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Taiurada
i hear making a macro /target "name here" is SUPER HARD
Or, for that matter, clicking on the enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/28/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Goofygooberz
accidently click them

Stop doing that.

Tab slowly through targets and be sure you're going to be attacking an NPC.

And pray to god you don't need to do AOE.... with flagged Horde/Alliance members >.>
Reply Quote
Well not complaining here but i did get a flag on the uldum thrall part as well and i started to pay attention to what was happening. If you are going off on you rotation and the npc dies just as you make a move "mangle for example" and it dies before your move/action lands the move/action will go to the closest target be it a npc or player.

Was anoying but i lived threw it :P

and about the aoe part if you are unflag and run around spaming a aoe it will only hit the NPCs not players once i figured out what was going on and causeing me to flag i just went up on top of building let my flag go away and went back down just swiping everything "only npcs got hit" that time.
Edited by Catchow on 6/28/2011 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]