Razer Naga Issues Post Patch 4.2

90 Orc Warlock
It's actually kind of ridiculous. I played on a Mac with my naga for a very long time. One patch drops and none of my shift bindings work (very long time ago) and I could not find a solution. Eventually I stopped playing. A while later a purchased a windows so I could play. I can't believe it's not fixed yet... My laptop broke yesterday so while my computer is being fixed I must play with my Mac. Very frustrating I'm terrible at clicking... It's really time to figure out the fix because it sounds like you guys see the problem. And this is clearly a bug you can Adress it is not a problem with Mac OS it use to work just fine. You guys dropped a patch that bugged it....
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you tried the workaround listed in this thread earlier? This seems to help others. To fully resolve issues for both the OS and the keyboard requires assistance from Apple.

We have the terminal command as a workaround for those who want to opt-out of the OS functionality fix during gameplay. I'll touch base with the team to see if there is any status updates about this issue and see if there is anything else in the works.
Reply Quote
13 Undead Mage
i am having this issue with my deathadder.

i'm trying to bind the mouse 4/5 to shift,control, or alt but neither is responding in game just like everyone else
i tried doing the fix "defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES"
didn't help.
i'm up to date with my drivers using mountain lion.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is not only happening to Apple OS users. I am running windows 7 and discovered today that I am have the same exact issue. I have Shift bound to a button on my naga and it works fine in-game for my Shift Modifiers. However no other modifier will work when its bound to my mouse and it is so frustrating.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
i am having this issue with my deathadder.

i'm trying to bind the mouse 4/5 to shift,control, or alt but neither is responding in game just like everyone else
i tried doing the fix "defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES"
didn't help.
i'm up to date with my drivers using mountain lion.

I just tried playing on my MBP with OSX 10.8.4 and my death adder and I am having the same issue. The terminal fix did not work for me when binding shift key to a mouse button.

Please don't make me install Windows on my Mac!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
11/14/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Machkhan
defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

Hey :)

It's 2014. Why do we still need this override to get the shift key on a Naga working without Naga drivers?

This should be an exposed preference or something. (sorry to zombie but it is appropriate I think)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Anyone got issues with the Razer Naga lately......When I use the no-modifier setting, everything fine on my 1st bar.....But when I use modifier shift and control.....Im losing 9/12 buttons (button 10-11-12 work fine)....Anyone else got that issue?

(My Synapse and Curse naga addons is updated regularly)
Reply Quote
Easy fix guys, go to system preferences>keyboard>keyboard tab>modifier keys>select keyboard : Razer Naga
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I am working on a mac pro and am using a razor naga just fyi. I'm just trying to assign a shift + num pad naga butting to a key bind. I've been reading post for about 2 months now to fix this to no avail. Tried renaming the lines in the bindings-cache.wtf. In my keybindings it shows action bars 1-12 as assigned Shift_Numpad_1 and so on. But shows up no where on any action bar on screen. I tried typing some code into terminal in a post made by Blizz but that didn't work. Not 100% sure if I even did it right. I'm not even trying to make this work with a macro. Just simply want to assign Shift + razor naga num key together to a key bind in my action bar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been 2 months of research and no playing. Well less anyways. I even just saw the post directly above mine and thought "oh great I missed that" tried it and my keyboard was already set that way.
Edited by Hairytaco on 8/24/2014 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ok so not 1 minute after my post and re edit. I went into my system settings like the post above said and instead of having it on razor nave I put it on my apple keyboard and I can't believe it but it made my bindings work!. I did change my bindings-cache file cause it had NONE on my numpad settings to the action bar I wanted them on and even though I had key binds saying something different on them from earlier settings they work fine now and I can finally set up my stuff right and play.

So if you on a mac and can't even make a simple key bind Shift + rasa naga button work for some weird reason.

I went into my bindings cache. Changed the assigned lines for my shift num pad from NONE to an action bar I wanted them on (found that in another post here on the forums)

Then changed my keyboard settings in the system preferences from naga to apple. The opposite from the post above. Don't know why it worked for me like that but after 2 months of looking. Im not arguing.

Hope this helps anyone who was stuck like me.

Thanks Cressi for giving me the last clue to my puzzle. You're awesome.
Edited by Hairytaco on 8/24/2014 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am having similar issues, but I am not using a Naga. I have a Razer Orochi (pre-2013) model with Ctrl and Alt bound to the side buttons. When the Expose fix is at system default, I can press the buttons on the side and visually see the modifier working. However, when I go to press the corresponding key on the keyboard it uses the unmodified ability corresponding to that key press. I am able to press Alt on the keyboard and any of the number keys produce the desired result. If I try to disable the expose fix, my key mappings stop working entirely and go back to being Mouse Button 4 and Mouse Button 5.

Also, if I plug in an old MX518 and map with the Logitech software, it works just fine. Has to be a Razer specific issue.
Edited by Windfury on 9/12/2014 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hey guys! I've tried the workaround, the preferences, updates and my Naga mouse is still not working with shift. heck, now it's ignoring my extras button too. Any help? Thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]