Call to Arms: Alterac Valley Classic

85 Goblin Mage
1)Take AV out of random Q. Those people that want a 10-20 minute bg already have choices: Eye, Warsong, AB etc..

2) Combine all Battle groups to be able to go in and out of AV.

3) Bring Classic AV back quest, sumoning etc... LEt AV run its normal corse.

4) Create AV rewards for players that would like to invest long hours playing this BG. Arena ain't all that, this could be a great Avenue to also get arena points for those of us that hate/think Arena is way over rated.
Edited by Båroness on 7/3/2011 9:07 AM PDT
You should have seen the mass complaints the other day when we wiped their offense in a close 10 vs 35 battle outside galv. Not even capping snowfall, just the fact that we dared kill them and slow the game down.

Updated rep rewards for av would be nice, even if the match itself gave no honor.

Maybe make it a new faction if you do not want those of us who already have exalted av to get the rewards immediately.

It would be nice to see the quests used again, and the return of an epic battleground.

Besides, why has the world wide cataclysm left av untouched?

90 Tauren Druid
+1

Awesome post.
85 Gnome Rogue
I never go the privledge of doing the old AV. Wish I had but I was unlucky. Someone already said this its for pve peeps to get quick honor. We all know its 80% a pve encounter now.

That is with all bg's now. Either they shortened the time limit, cap points, made vehicles OP or rush x and pew pew asap. Peoples attentions span and not wanting to work for honor is gone. Instant gratification.

1)Take AV out of random Q. Those people that want a 10-20 minute bg already have choices: Eye, Warsong, AB etc..

2) Combine all Battle groups to be able to go in and out of AV.

3) Bring Classic AV back quest, sumoning etc... LEt AV run its normal corse.

4) Create AV rewards for players that would like to invest long hours playing this BG. Arena ain't all that, this could be a great Avenue to also get arena points for those of us that hate/think Arena is way over rated.

This is a very good idea but of course blizz would never do it.
Edited by Wazzle on 7/3/2011 12:54 PM PDT
100 Draenei Death Knight
This is outstanding.

/signed.
This quest is doable, even with a zerg. Go straight to the stable gal (don't remember her name) and take the quest. Note here....if the quest completion is interupted, you have to start over, or at least I did.

I would grab the quest and get a collar, dash to the left off a little jump and tame the nearest ram (takes abt 20 seconds). As soon as taming is over, mount up and ride hard under the bridge, up and across the bridge to turn in. If you are fast enuf you can get 3 before the big zerg hits. If you get killed on the way you lose the ability to turen the quest in. Abandon it and swtart again.

I have never been able to get enough turn ins to get the buff, but the rep is fun, and it is a quest compketed. Organized groups could complete like 5 at a time to get the buff if you have a cooperative group.
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree whole-heartedly, AV was the FIRST BG i ever did on my first character (a wee hunter). And i must say it was nothing short of stunning after staying in AV for two hours and battling not just players, but seemingly impossible bosses and npcs to my hearts content. Old school AV was just that amazing.
07/03/2011 08:06 PMPosted by Neobahamut
SRY I DON'T WANT REHASHED CONTENT

Not rehashed, putting it back to it's former glory days.

You obviously weren't around back then.
07/03/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Mayorsteven

Not rehashed, putting it back to it's former glory days.

You obviously weren't around back then.

Actually, I was. Nice try though.

Then please explain to me why you would not want AV to be reverted back to its original state and be taken out of the random BG queue.

As it stands, ANYTHING would be better than the current pile of crap that is AV.
90 Human Mage
i was excited about the AV weekend expecting a few long games. I got two games that were different from the rush to RH and kill drek.

the first one was a game that a horde play was multi boxing with 30 accounts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-1qn8Kwooo

And a game were the horde turtled and i was 2 kills away from wreaking ball until i got killed
Edited by Suntimehappy on 7/3/2011 9:59 PM PDT
I agree that AV now is crap.

I was just using the rehash thing to make fun of someone I know is reading all of my posts. :p

hahaha xD fooled me :X

the first one was a game that a horde play was multi boxing with 30 accounts.
{il post a link to a video}

That's insane.
Edited by Dairo on 7/3/2011 9:48 PM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
+1

So many time ive said Lets just rush right into them, head on! ya like anyone listens.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Fourly <3

Best fun I ever had in this game: got into an AV that was in progress - 2 hrs later after hordies summoned Ice Lord twice we Allies eventually killed Drek.

Only then did I see total battle time: 4 and half hours. Awesome!

:D
85 Tauren Hunter
I was fortunate enough to experience AV in its hay day my first game lasted 2 hours before I had to get off the computer and upon re-logging an hour later the game was still going!

I miss the perfect blend of carnage and strategy that was old AV : (

/signed
85 Human Mage
Regardless of whether people play primarily for PvE of for PvP, I think almost everyone dabbles in both at some point. What better way to get the best of both worlds than to experience both PvP and PvE at the same time? There's nowhere else in this game that does that quite so well as a classic-style AV.

When you do the new cataclysm quests, you sometimes get NPC's helping you out along the way. This makes the questing go more smoothly, and it's fun to have extra help like that. Let's bring that element back into PvP: Would you rather charge into a big enemy group alongside 4 other players, or 4 other players plus half a dozen elite ram riders?
Edited by Foury on 7/4/2011 2:21 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Signed, with the fist of an angry god.

I remember long long ago plaing Av, leaving to go to work, coming home, and realizing it weas the same battle! Made it feel like a real fight. and then the first time I saw Lokholar the Ice Lord
my reaction was stop, stare, "Oh,......crap." Just dont get that kind of reaction anymore.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]