[Bug][Character] Titles returned not correct

The titles returned from a lookup like

/api/wow/character/cairne/furlqt?fields=titles

are invalid. I thought originally they were offset by +1 in ID from their correct values, but it seems that is not always the case.

Additional research: Title IDs appear to only be offset +1 if they are above a certain number, somewhere between 71 and 80. Some titles above an even larger number simply aren't returned (e.g. Wrathful Gladiator, #177).
Edited by Furlqt on 7/5/2011 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
There are a few issues with titles listed in the Known Issues thread. We don't have an ETA on when they will be resolved, but they are being looked at.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743700663
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warlock
A heads up, while you fixed the IDs returned by the API, the achievements displayed on the actual armory pages are now false.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
07/07/2011 10:18 PMPosted by Kx
A heads up, while you fixed the IDs returned by the API, the achievements displayed on the actual armory pages are now false.

I'm not sure that I follow. What are you seeing?
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warlock
Deleted most of my original post here in favor of the short and sweet of it...

The table to display title names on the main armory pages is using the fifth column of CharTitles.dbc for source IDs, but it should be using the first column instead.

e.g.
42 0 Gladiator %s Gladiator %s 29
The main armory page uses the 29 ID, and doesn't display valid data.
The API page uses the 42 ID, and does display valid data.

Edited by Kx on 7/8/2011 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I was wondering last night why I was suddenly "Bàlgus Prophet."

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]