Day 1 - Firelands already cleared.

90 Dwarf Hunter
Firelands hasn't even been out for a whole day and a guild on our server has already downed Ragnaros. Is Firelands intended to be this simple? I haven't been actively raiding much but I don't remember seeing any raids ever cleared on patch day.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I seriously doubt it was cleared on the first day.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/29/2011 12:36 AMPosted by Feygor

I like your goggles and beard, they're sexy. But I can post a screen shot or the guild's armory link if it's not against the Forum code of conduct.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
It was, have you been on the forums at all?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TETArCl0xJQ&feature=feedu
Edited by Holynuts on 6/29/2011 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
It was cleared on the first day, in normal mode, by top tier guilds who have had months of practice on the PTR.

You're surprised?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
2 things.

First: It's a normal mode clear, who cares. If heroic mode was cleared on the first day then we should all panic.

second: Lots of guilds practiced these bosses for months on the ptr.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Normal mode was cleared on day one by guilds that outgear the content completely, notice these are the same guilds that cleared some t11 bosses on the first day cata came out (That means they leveled to 85 and raided on the first day of cata.) Should it really surprise you the people that could level to 85, get enough gear to raid (They don't need as much gear.) then world first all the normal modes in the first week, and proceed to have sinestra (The normal firelands are tuned for 359 geared people) on farm for months before firelands are destroying the content they have already killed on the ptr?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I stand corrected.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
However, I do believe noone got to test heroic mode. And I find it unlikely that even the top guilds will be able to get TOO far next week on heroic content just because of gear levels. But, then again the top guilds have pulled out amazing feats in very @*!@ty gear.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
It's not that the top end guilds in the world are killing him that surprises me, it's that Aptitude was 3rd in the world to kill him, but I've been on all night and did not see the server first spam, and also Stormreaver hasn't been very high on progression since Impervious broke up. I'm just disappointed that it's been downed (even though it's just normal mode) the night it came out.
Reply Quote
06/29/2011 12:38 AMPosted by Apollinaire
It was cleared on the first day, in normal mode, by top tier guilds who have had months of practice on the PTR.

...in T11 heroic gear as well.
Edited by Solaru on 6/29/2011 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Hunter
This happens to new content ever since blizzard invented the PTR.

These people who one shot firelands tonight have had firelands on farm for weeks on the PTR... who cares.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people that aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
-Eyonix

This very same thing happened in Ulduar. And that was a magnificently tuned dungeon. Settle down; heroic modes are harder, blah blah.
Edited by Pinkunicorn on 6/29/2011 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Normal mode. nothing to care about.
Heroic like someone else said. then panic
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
It normal and those people who already cleared it practiced doing all the boss fights on the PTR so it's just another day for them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]