Rotation for destro lock?

90 Undead Warlock
Hi ppl, my question is:
What is the rotation for a destro lock? I am demo, now i want to try destro!

(i know talents, glyphs, pet, etc)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
As destro there is kind of a rotation, but it's more-so priorities.,

Start with Curse of Elements > Demon Soul > Shadowburn > Soul Fire > Immolate > Conflagrate > Bane of Doom > Corruption > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate. Re-cast Soul Fire (hard cast it if you have to) when ISF has about 4-5 seconds left. Cast Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt whenever they're off CD. Keep Immolate, Corruption and BoD up, and fill with Incinerate.

Conflagrate will be your most important skill, ALWAYS use this when it's off CD, even if you have Backdraft stacks still up, the only time you shouldn't be casting it off CD is if you're reapplying ISF or you need to reapply immolate.
Edited by Devïance on 6/29/2011 3:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
You can only Shadowburn when the boss is at <25% HP. Otherwise this is a good priority to follow. Don't forget to use Shadowflame when in melee range! Also, when you get the empowered imp procs for instant Soulfire, use it before Chaos Bolt or Incinerate.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think he means Soul Burn > Soul Fire not shadowburn (Soul Burn makes SF instacast)
Edited by Ashrayul on 6/29/2011 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2516831746#4

No rotation.

Keep Improved Soul Fire buff up at all times.

Keep Immolate, Corruption, and Bane of Doom up at all times.

Cast Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, and Demon Soul on cooldown.

If 2nd target, keep Immolate, Corruption, Bane of Havoc on it.

When not doing any of the above, Incinerate.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I use my rotation for both pvp, pve & arena.

My priority goes:
Fear
Soulfire (if I have time, mainly use this in pve)
Immolate
Conflagrate
Chaos Bolt
Incinerate x2
I always make sure to keep Corruption up throughout my rotation.

I also make sure I have shadowfury and howl of terror or my bars for cc.

--------------------------
http://gamercafe.net/
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
06/29/2011 03:47 AMPosted by Devïance
Start with Curse of Elements > Demon Soul > Shadowburn > Soul Fire > Immolate > Conflagrate > Bane of Doom > Corruption > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate. Re-cast Soul Fire (hard cast it if you have to) when ISF has about 4-5 seconds left. Cast Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt whenever they're off CD. Keep Immolate, Corruption and BoD up, and fill with Incinerate.
NO

You do NOT demon soul that early. You waste valuable crit time.
A good opener imo is:
Soul Fire, CoEle, immolate, BoD, Conflag, aff, Demon Soul, Incineratex3, conflag, incineratex3, Chaosbolt, conflag, incineratex3

HOWEVER: during that incinerates, you need to watch your soulfire buff and immolate and refresh them before they fall off, before resuming the opener. Soulburn the soulfire to refresh while Demon Soul is up.

Remember, Demon Soul ONLY works for cast timer spells. insta' don't benefit.

The reason I don't say conflag right after immolate is because there is lagg between after casting it and conflag registering that you can use it, by casting BoD, it gives conflag time to become available without wasting time.
Edited by Brolan on 6/29/2011 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I see some good spell priorities here, but I personally follow some general "rules."

1) Make sure immolate is up. Always. Absolute top priority.
2) Use conflagrate as many times as possible over the duration of the fight.
3) Survive, and don't kill your group

X) Try to keep CB on CD, try to keep corr up at all times, try to keep sf buff up at all times, use demonsoul wisely (if the fight doesn't last long enough for 3 uses, when would be the best 2 times to use it?), curse and bane are pretty easy imo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks ppl for answer. The last night, with my guild we do Shannox and i do a frustated 15k dps like demo (vs a Sp 21k, hunter mm 20k, and arcane mage 18k)

So i want to migrate to destro (or affli) Thanks a lot
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Edited by Thezman on 1/14/2013 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Omg... Thezman... it hurts me to think you are actually doing that. You should never cast immolate twice in a row just to get some procs. You should always keep improved soul fire up. You should always refresh your DoTs when they fall off. Never use fel flame to extend the duration of immolate (it's a huge DPS loss to do so). And if you are taking threat from your tank either you massively outgear your tank or your tank just sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
On heavy movement fights and target switching, about 17k. On low movement, single target fights upwards of 23k depending on raid composition.

-Improved Soul Fire
-Demon Soul
-Immolate
-Conflagrate
-Bane of Doom
-Corruption
-Shadowflame
-Empowered Imp procs
-Shadowburn
-Chaos Bolt
-Incinerate
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
yeah i know i should....i do all that in raids and heroics...sorry what i posted that talking abouut normal dungeons...if i do to much damage i always aggro, 12k dps isnt bad...for normals dungeons...

in raid like lets say Firelands (doing trash runs) ill pull 35-45 crits...and my dps is like around 15-20k (if i remember that right)

also i was trying to show even being lazy 12k dps is easy

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
can anyone tell me what teh faction buffs are
Edited by Thezman on 7/5/2011 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
07/05/2011 09:09 AMPosted by Thezman
can anyone tell me what teh fraction buffs are

?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]