Recount addon for patch 4.2

85 Draenei Mage
Usually with every patch, I need to update my Recount addon. But forgot how. Checked Curse's website and couldn't find any Recount update for 4.2. Any suggestions?

Update

*********** Finally Recount is updated **************

http://www.wowace.com/addons/recount/files/1450-v4-2-0a-release/

make sure to "extract it" only into your C drive's WoW "Interface/Addons" folder. Overwrite or delete any old Recount data. *Confirmed that it is working. *
Edited by Galbatoria on 6/29/2011 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
i suggest you delete Recount and never download it again.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
What would you replace it with? (By the way, I apologize, I just realized that there is another WoW forum for addon questions.)

How else would you track your damage?
Edited by Galbatoria on 6/29/2011 6:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Download Skada instead. But that's just my opinion.

You can also try wowinterface.com. Some addon makers prefer it over Curse.

Another suggestion is to look at the "Development Site" link on Curse. For Recount it takes you to WoWAce.com. Once there, you can see that the last update was 12 hours ago.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/recount/

Changed the link to the main wowace.com page for recount. The download page hadn't been updated with a new file yet.

Recount is a graphical damage meter written by Cryect. Recount (Preservation) is an attempt to preserve it through the 2.4 patch and fix up some minor things along the way. If Cryect returns the project really should be wholely his and he can keep or abandon any changes I've made here.
Edited by Monreale on 6/29/2011 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Recount would be good if people didn't use it to grief other players.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Skada works perfectly fine in 4.2
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
06/29/2011 06:49 AMPosted by Galbatoria

If you raid, you'll track it with your guild's WoL account.

If you don't raid, who gives a crap?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

If you raid, you'll track it with your guild's WoL account.

If you don't raid, who gives a crap?

I find it highly useful to know DPS outside of raids. I also use Skada to watch my overhealing, total damage, damage taken, and all that rot. On my warrior, damage taken is useful to determine who gets Vigilance. Finally, Skada has a threat meter auto-switch mode that is extremely useful (and replaces Omen).
Edited by Monreale on 6/29/2011 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Mage
06/29/2011 06:51 AMPosted by Akatsuki
Recount would be good if people didn't use it to grief other players.

Invalid statement. Any tool created has pros and cons. Before there was a huge outrage about GS because it did more harm than good. Regardless of whether you raid or not, use it to grief other or not a tool is still a tool that is created with the intention helping people track whatever they want and in this case track their performance.

And sometimes its not so much grief when someone who clearly is not pulling his own weight is leeching off the group gets called out and kicked out, that some people take it to the extreme is another different matter.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Damage meters can be useful, if they are used for more than just looking at damage.

I like to use mine to track reasons for a death so I can make sure not to let it happen again.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I'm not familiar with Skada.

Can someone who uses it tell me why they like it more than Recount?
Reply Quote
17 Blood Elf Hunter

I find it highly useful to know DPS outside of raids. I also use Skada to watch my overhealing, total damage, damage taken, and all that rot. On my warrior, damage taken is useful to determine who gets Vigilance. Finally, Skada has a threat meter auto-switch mode that is extremely useful (and replaces Omen).

Haha people watch overhealing. Oh wait people don't roll hots on other people that do a lot of over healing.

Did a BH on my druid once where I did 54% overhealing...... Also my druid (Bemith - Wildhammer) vastly outgears that place anyways
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
06/29/2011 06:45 AMPosted by Galbatoria
Usually with every patch, I need to update my Recount addon. But forgot how. Checked Curse's website and couldn't find any Recount update for 4.2. Any suggestions?

Wowace has the new version. You can get there by going to the Wowace link on curses Recount page.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Personal preference, and situations like now. Skada is still available while Recount is not. For sometime Skada was really great for healers, because Recount NEVER tracked absorbs/heals so disc priests in ICC would look like poop. But in reality when you added in absorbs/heals they were way up on the meters.

There could be other reasons besides what I stated, but recount is mine as of personal preference. I rarely use it, as I usually look at WoL after every attempt instead. Anyhow hope this helps!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Because it works right now.

Honestly, the two add-ons give you the same information. It's personal preference. I'm enjoying the leftclick/rightclick switching Skada uses compared to the arrows on recount.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Does Skada generate death reports? I find that's my predominant use for Recount.
Reply Quote
06/29/2011 06:53 AMPosted by Monreale
I find it highly useful to know DPS outside of raids.

And this is useful, how? Meters in heroics douchebags make.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Haha people watch overhealing. Oh wait people don't roll hots on other people that do a lot of over healing.

Did a BH on my druid once where I did 54% overhealing...... Also my druid (Bemith - Wildhammer) vastly outgears that place anyways

Yeh, priests are a whole different story. Overhealing for us means we used the wrong heal and wasted mana. Your hots are going on the person no matter what, because you have to get ahead of the damage incoming. My overhealing represents expensive mana potions, time wasted drinking, and using cooldowns at times when I shouldn't have to, so they're used up when I really should need them.

It's also very important to know who does the most damage and who does the least. I don't use this to boot underperforming DPS. It tells me who is likely to pull aggro and when I should bubble them or prepare to heal them as they get the last few hits in to kill a mob they've aggrod from the tank.

Damage taken is important for the same reason. Whoever takes the most damage (hopefully behind the tank) gets the most healing and I learn to look at their health second (again, after the tank).
Reply Quote
Get skada. Less bloated .. uses less memory .. which means less FPS loss when you run it.

With the skada toolbar addon, it puts a menu on top to make it look like recount.

I ditched recount long ago and never been happier.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
06/29/2011 07:05 AMPosted by Lightgear
I find it highly useful to know DPS outside of raids.

And this is useful, how? Meters in heroics douchebags make.

Outside of raids doesn't specifically mean heroics only. And actually it is nice to see who's pulling there weight and who is not. But outside of raids could be just testing dps, and using it in PvP for deathlogs and what not in arena's or RBGs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]