Have... have we met?* Remove faction ones

85 Orc Hunter
Ok we have about 40 Horde sitting in the roost waiting for an alliance to show up PRAYING they have Thassarian. We have been here almost 2 hours. Blizzard for the love of all things World of Warcraft remove faction specific ones from the list. It is simply not fair to people that happen to be on unbalanced servers. Getting the other five is hard enough with people flying everywhere as we search high and low for the ones both factions get. We pay you enough already playing and buying pets and mounts. You don't need to bleed us for faction changes just to get 10 Achievement points.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Indeed. I have been here for approximately 2 hours, and I have seen only ONE alliance in the area. Not only is it difficult to even find any alliance on our server that are willing to do their dailies, but then they have to be lucky enough to actually get Thassaurian as a companion.

I enjoy difficult achievements, but this one is just frustrating. No skill involved - just a lot of time and RNG for an event that that might never occur on some servers.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Just change this to /wave to like 10 different NPCs out of the like 100 you have lined up to show up, something along the lines of Argent Confessor achievement. I mean why would I as a Horde character be waving to Thassarian, and likewise why would Alliance be waving to Mankirk.
Edited by Axlé on 6/30/2011 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
06/30/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Axlé
Just change this to /wave to like 10 different NPCs out of the like 100 you have lined up to show up, something along the lines of Argent Confessor achievement. I mean why would I as a Horde character be waving to Thassarian, and likewise why would Alliance be waving to Mankirk.

If anything I think it would be "/rude" to the opposing faction's people.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Oh hey Mal'Ganis folks.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
There are almost no Horde on Stormrage
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Yeah there's so many possible NPCs, no idea why they picked those few.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Yeah I had a feeling other servers would feel it. Regardless of what faction you play if one overpopulates by a lot it is impossible. Worse if it's a PvP server because no one in thier right mind wants to fly into a zone with 50 people from the other faction hovering in the air. They just need to remove the other faction's person from the list. It was just poor planning.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Got this achievement this morning. Bazinga!
Reply Quote
If you want a lazy way to do it, just set up NPCscan with the ID of who you are missing and alt-tab out. It's what I did.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Got this done yesterday(first day it was available and somewhat disappointing that it was up again to day instead of something else). Took about an hour on a server where Ally:Horde raito is about ~4:1. I was looking at the achievment, seeing all the non-achievment NPCs running with people and wondered if there would have been a 2nd or maybe 3rd tier to this achievement.
Edited by Nyssa on 7/1/2011 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree, this terrible server is mostly Horde. Myself and another guildie have been sitting here for hours hoping to see Thassarian.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bump for Mal'ganis H to A ratio 17:1

I've spent over 12 hours the past two days sitting in Sethria's Roost. I'd love to see a hotfix for the massive QQ.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Ok people are apparently NOT reading the OP. This is about unbalanced servers getting the VERY short end of the stick. It is about removing Thassarian and Mankrik so servers that are unbalanced can get this achievement without sitting there for 12 hours a day PRAYING someone from the opposing faction shows up. If you post that you got it, you are in the wrong post.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I have been looking for Thassarian for hours, with no luck. Mal'Ganis is very heavily horde so the faction-specific Thassarian doesn't come around often if ever.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
The faction specific requirements to this achievement make this almost impossible on unbalanced servers. Either change the faction specific requirements for this achievement or remove it from the meta. Any Blue response on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Been sitting outside waiting for Thassarian for about 6 hours now; there just simply aren't that many alliance on this server, and it's terrible to try for this achievement.

I think I've seen 6 alliance total in the last 6 hours, and none of them had Thassarian. I wish we needed 10 out of all the different spawns rather than 6 specific ones...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Bump for Blue reply
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
You won't get a Blue reply in here. And if they did I would be surprised if they had any plan to change what is obviously completely intentional.

There are lots of achievements that are much easier if your faction dominates your server (all PvP ones, all economic ones, etc). And there are also a few that are much harder in that situation (mostly holiday ones where you have to find X on the other faction). And this is one of the latter.

Asking them to take out any dependence on the opposite faction for achievements is asking them to take out any consequences for wiping the other faction out. Everything has consequences though. Why not call a truce for a week, I'm sure the smaller faction on these unbalanced PvP servers would be delighted to actually have a fighting chance to get these dailies done, and you would get your achieve.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
06/30/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Danshot
There are almost no Horde on Stormrage

Ain't that the truth.

While this is extremely hard to get on faction imbalanced servers, I don't think they should remove it from the game. It is an "achievement" to even get this on them. I don't think it should be required for the Veteran of the Molten Front though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]