Our Server is Dead! (Admin Please Read)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sorry I just had to post something here :D
Reply Quote
79 Worgen Druid
You spend so much time on Kalecgos that you think its normal there are hardly any groups forming for anything. The moment you log into a high pop realm you are blown away by the amount of groups being formed and number of people. Its so refreshing and exciting to see the player base so interactive. This is how you realize that your server is dead/dying. I do feel there needs to be server mergers or free transfers to low pop realms to balance. It is a problem that shouldn't be ignored because it will cause more issues in the long run.
Reply Quote
Very true i hope blizzard reads this....if not im quiting wow....
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
WTB SERVER MERGE
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
i agree with fart-hala
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Magnets... @_@
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
server is dead on both sides, its come to a point where most players r thinking i needa GTFO or blizz needs to merge us
Reply Quote
86 Troll Hunter
Late night guild+low population server=recruiting nightmare. WTB Server Merger.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Rogue
I'd come back to Kalecgos a bit more if it was more active, but sadly Blizz won't do anything about this.
We just have to accept the fact that they don't seem to care about low populated servers :(

They'll do what they did when I started playing and just throw a 'New Player' tag on us and that's about it.
Edited by Xintegra on 9/7/2011 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Here's the thing:

Kalecgos sucks because there aren't enough players. We all agree on that. Having a low population means people want to leave, so they 1) pay for transfers 2) stay and hate life or 3) quit playing.

People are complaining because Blizzard doesn't care enough about the low population servers to do anything for us. It's true. There's no incentive for Blizzard to do anything. Low population servers are money machines for Blizzard.

Blizzard is a business so it's going to do what makes it the most money. Even if Blizzard loses 100 players b/c they hated the experience enough to quit playing, if 100 people server transferred, Blizzard is making more money overall (-$1700/month + $2500/toon, and many people transfer several toons). Unhappiness to the point of realm changing is, if not profittable, not hurting Blizzard enough for them to do anything. Over time, those lost subscriptions will matter. Currently, it's not enough to make blizzard care.

Is Blizzard in it for the long haul? Or, has it run its course and they're just milking its users for whatever they've got? The game gets boring after years of playing it. People have complained about realms like Kalecgos sucking for years and nothing ever gets done about it. We can dream about a merger, but there's no reason for Blizzard to do it when the more it sucks the more money Blizzard makes from transfers.

Our option is to play something else or pay for a transfer so that the server sucking is someone else's problem. Most of my real life friends quit playing on Kalecgos or transferred. For me, I'm not going to pay Blizzard another 75 bucks for transfers on top of the hundreds I've spent on previous transfers, subscription time and the actual games over the years. I'd sooner play something else for 75 bucks and save myself the $200/year subscription.

Just my two cents.
~Frittles/Kitchenette/Alizari
Edited by Frittles on 9/10/2011 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Yeah. I think a server merge would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Server Merger!!! Go Go!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hey guys, i thought this is a pvp server!?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
wtf frittles? why are u making long !@# sentences!?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
09/14/2011 05:03 PMPosted by Porm
wtf frittles? why are u making long !@# sentences!?

I wanted to explain why we're not getting help and bring up some new things that people might not have considered. Everyone is like, "help our server!" but Blizzard just ignores us and focuses on !@#$ that doesn't matter, like the aesthetics of the game. Really?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Yup. This server is terrible. Server merge would be awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Our server really is dead, and has been for awhile. I miss the old Kalecgos days. :c
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I xferred off due to the low population and it's so much better being on a medium or high pop server. I really wish blizz would show Kelocs some love.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
This server isn't as dead as other servers, some can't even get raids for 10m started because the population is that low and filled with Baddies. Kalecgos still has a heartbeat, I saw LF(xx) all the time when I was here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]