4.2 Hunter Taming Challenge: Spawns & Tames

85 Night Elf Hunter
In the interest of encouraging cooperation amongst members of the Shadow Council hunter community, both Alliance and Horde, I would like to ask hunters to report the observed spawn, time and location (if variable), that you witness or hear about directly from a friend who saw it, for each of the 10 new taming challenge beasts introduced with patch 4.2.

Guidelines:

* give time and date in terms of Server Time
* place the name of the mob in boldface, so that someone scanning for it can see it easily.
* report the fate of the beast (tamed or killed), if you know it.

The Shadow Council server beasts to be discussed in this thread are:

* Ankha: Spectral Frostsaber (white)
* Magria: Spectral Frostsaber (blue)
* Ban’thalos: Spectral Owl (green)
* Kirix: Green Lava Spider
* Solix: Orange Lava Spider
* Skitterflame: Red Lava Spider
* Anthriss: Yellow Lava Spider
* Deth’tilac: Purple Lave Spider
* Skarr: Hunched Black Gem Cat
* Karkin: Gem Crab

I know that Hunters can be extremely competitive about such things, particularly cross faction, but it would serve all of us who are attempting to take on these challenge tames to help each other out and narrow down the possible spawn times/frequencies for each of these beasts.

Good hunting to all,

-- Nanluin Woodwhisper
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'll start this off. I've been primarily interested in Karin, Skarr, and Ban'thalos, in that order, so I have been bouncing back and forth between spawn points over the weekend. My observations:

Friday, July 1, 2011:

* ~ 11:30 PM, Skarr spawned at northern floating rock, tamed by Alliance

Saturday, July 2, 2011:

* ~7:00 AM, Kirkix spawned; fate unknown
* ~ 7:30 AM, Skarr spawned at northern floating rock, tamed by myself (Alliance)
* ~6-7 PM, Karkin spawned at southern floating rock, tamed by ?

Sunday, July 3, 2011:

* ~ 8:30 AM Skarr spawned at southern floating rock, tame by Horde
* 3:46 PM, Skarr spawned at northern floating rock, tamed by Alliance
* ~9:30 PM, Skitterflame spawned, killed by Alliance who griefed Horde tame attempts (bad form, dude)
* 9:57 PM, Karkin spawned at northern floating rock, tamed by Horde

I have yet to get Karkin, so will keep trying. My impression is that Skarr & Karkin are on a 6 +/- 2 hour timer (4-8 hr timer), with a 50/50 chance of either one appearing, with a 50/50 chance of them being on either north or south spawn point. The above watch wasn't done continuously (there is real life too, after all), so I'm sure at least one spawn was missed each day.

-- Nanluin
Edited by Nanluin on 7/4/2011 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Monday, July 4, 2011

* ~04:30, Karkin spawned at northern floating rock. Many tried and died, me among them, tamed by Alliance (not me).
* 10:23, Skarr spawned at the northern floating rock. Tamed by Alliance at 10:35.
* ~18:00, Skarr spawned at the southern floating rock. Tamed by Alliance.

-- Nanluin
Edited by Nanluin on 7/4/2011 7:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
July 4th, 2011
Ban'Thalos was tamed by me on my Hunter @ 5:30 PM Pacific (6:30PM Server).
Edited by Handyn on 7/4/2011 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
as a sidenote, i'd like to thank nan for his helpful information that has allowed many hunters to get these awesome pets, and add a suggestion. As thanks to him, he still hasn't gotten the gem crab, if you see him up here and it spwns, be courteous to the one who gave up his time to give you all this info, and let him have it = )

Jeewell
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Monday, July 4, 2011

* ~20:00, Kirix spawned, tamed by Alliance at about 20:10.
* 2240, Skitterflame spawned, fate unknown (gone by 2300)
* 2245, Deth'taloc spawned, tamed by Alliance
* 2302, Skarr spawned on southern floating rock, killed by Horde mage whilst being tamed by alliance (bad form, dude.)

-- Nanluin
Edited by Nanluin on 7/4/2011 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Karkan spawned at 3:30am server, tamed at 3:45 by me = ) Thanks Nan and Phantomist!

Still camping the cat after i get some much needed sleep, so I'll be there to help you get him.

Jeewell

7/5/11
Edited by Teerina on 7/6/2011 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Oh and he spawned on the floating rocks under the ledge again, was able to get him from the opposite side of the crater.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Skarr spawned on Northern rock at 4:30pm server time, Tamed by Alliance, ME. 7/5/11

Jeewell
Edited by Teerina on 7/6/2011 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Tuesday, July 5, 2011:

* 19:06 ST, Skitterflame spawned, killed about 30 min later.
* 19:17 ST, Kirix spawned, disappeared from track about 30 min later, fate unknown,
* 21:30 ST, Karkin spawned at northern spawn point, tamed by myself (finally!).

My thanks to all those who helped out on the great Gem Beast tracking and taming exercise this weekend. Your help and support was most appreciated. Now I'm off to find the new Hyjal Spirit Beasts, and I will continue to post spawn times here as I hear about or witness them.

Take care,

-- Nanluin
Edited by Nanluin on 7/6/2011 11:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Karkin spawned at 1pm server time 7/6/11 tamed by Horde
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Wednesday, 6 July 2011:

After an ~11 hour camp on the nearby ridge and in the tree above the Shrine of Malorne, Ban'thalos finally spawned at 21:08 ST and was tamed by myself.

These 12 +/- 6 hour (my best guess) spawn timers are painful to camp, are they not?

-- Nanluin
Edited by Nanluin on 7/6/2011 11:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Wed July 7th, 2011

Tamed Deth'talic around 10:40 PM server time. He was sitting there one hour before the night before(Tuesday 11:40 PM sever time). My guess for you all is that if it is a pattern then most likely he should show up at 9:40 PM server time tommorow (Thurs. July 8th 2011). Thanks to Sliverstrike, the other hunter whos name I missed (sorry), and the Belf warlock who helped me out. Its good to see nice hordies out there :) GL all hope this helps.

-Kay
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Friday, 8 July 2011:

* Magria was found at 11:44 ST in the middle of her path, and was tamed by myself.

-- Nanluin
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Saturday, 9 July 2011:

* Anhka was found at 22:58 ST in the middle of her path, and was tamed by myself.

-- Nanluin
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Magria was tamed at 1pm server time, July 13th by me. Yay!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Cerwis just for Banth'alos around 1:20 server time, July 13th. Gratz Cerwis!!
Reply Quote
07/13/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Aktarin
Cerwis just for Banth'alos around 1:20 server time, July 13th. Gratz Cerwis!!

Thanks! :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Deth'Tilac spawn time:unkown tamed: by alliance (me) at around 10:30 PM 7/18/11
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Karkin was spotted on floating rock at 10:30 am 8/22/11 on server Sisters of Elune. My friend proceeded to tame him. Karkin threw a fireball which didn't happen when I tamed him, and my friend had to run back and was setting up to try again and a Tauren Warrior jumped in and killed it knowing we were there to tame it as a pet. Quite annoying, I hope others have better luck with more courteous players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]