Restricted access not documented

100 Troll Rogue
I'm currently getting "Invalid application permissions." (Error 500) when trying to access the item data API (/api/wow/data/item/####) that is documented in the official API docs. I do not currently see this restriction documented anywhere. I am able to access the other data such as character classes and guild perks.

Edit: I am accessing it anonymously, without a key.
Edited by Zenblue on 7/5/2011 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
Yes, the Item data API is documented, but currently access is restricted because it isn't ready for prime time. The reason I included it in the documentation was to make sure the community is aware that it does exist and will be available.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Yay, it's not just me! I've been trying to get some item info also. Look forward to that being open.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Straton, the only question I have is if I access the item using the json (such as Flickering Shoulderpads), will it provide the available random enchant id numbers.
available ids = 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232
in name form = of the Wildfire, of the Flameblaze, of the Fireflash, of the Feverflare, of the Undertow, of the Wavecrest

Also will it provide what stats each id will provide?
Edited by Delritha on 7/5/2011 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)