Blizzards NEW lvl 20 FOREVER Free Trials?

2 Human Warrior
As reported by PC Gamer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/28/play-world-of-warcraft-for-free-forever-with-the-new-endless-trial-mode/

Are these accounts going to keep the current 'trial' restrictions or are we going to see a whole new level of gold selling griefing?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The restrictions should still all be in place. Trial accounts simply no longer expire.
Edited by Zarhym on 6/28/2011 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
I see
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
06/28/2011 01:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
The restrictions should still all be in place. Trial accounts simply no longer expire.

What about the rest of the article? There's a few 60 twinks who are a little surprised at their free expansion upgrade, from what I understand. ;)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/28/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Faizaniel

What about the rest of the article? There's a few 60 twinks who are a little surprised at their free expansion upgrade, from what I understand. ;)

More information on that coming very soon. :)
Reply Quote
66 Human Paladin
06/28/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Faizaniel

yeah... pretty sure some folks have level'd out before they even realized they were upgraded. bone head move guys and all those people should be reverted.

Edit - Sorry Zarhym, guess we were typing at the same time... I should've just waited 2 seconds i guess :)
Edited by Lorrn on 6/28/2011 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Pretty cool.

Me likey.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Awesome, I can finally convince RL friends to try WoW without discouraging them because of a 10 day window!

No sarcasm, legitimate thankfulness.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Good idea Blizzard!

That will encourage people to join!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Cool move Blizz! :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Very nice move!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I wager this is somehow related to why I saw Cataclysm on Amazon today for $20.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Blood Elf Hunter
That's quite an interesting change! I wonder what restrictions will be placed now, though. Will chat be available once they reach their level "cap"? Will their gold cap still remain? What about guilds and other group restrictions?

I'm interested to see what other changes come with this overhaul. Overall, this is a great change, and I'm sure it makes trial accounts more inviting to newcomers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The rise of level 20 twinks anyone? :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hmmmmm.
Cata gets reduced to 20 bucks...
Veterans get free keys to give to friends+a month free..
RAF bonuses now go to up level 80...
Trial Accounts no longer expire...

Makes ya wonder why.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It is probably a move to combat the dozen or so other MMOs that have gone to f2p, are freemium or offer trials with unlimited time on them.

As a media professional/consultant, this will be seen as a logical business move, but likely one that should have been made either prior to a patch, so it could have made its own separate round on the news sites and blogs.

Also should have probably been announced prior to implementation for those weird twink kids. Not that I'm one of them, but if it takes 5 minutes of planning to make a post warning them about it, it would have been far smoother than dealing with any complaints and negative PR.
Edited by Jaxus on 6/28/2011 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Hmmmmm.

Makes ya wonder why.

New patch, push for new players. Don't they do something similar at every one? Be it cheap copies or just a commercial blitz?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
Hmmmmm.

Makes ya wonder why.

It's a conspiracy to take my money! The week after I pay $30 to introduce a friend to WoW along with the Burning Crusade expansion, there's a free WoW key offer (which I didn't qualify for anyway....) and free Burning Crusade upgrades. :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]