Blizzards NEW lvl 20 FOREVER Free Trials?

25 Blood Elf Priest
Northrend is nice looking and all, but it is still a slog and a half at the moment. I mean 80-85 imo goes faster then 68-80. Would be great to see peeps at Blizz acknowledge the slog.

You'd expect five levels to go faster than twelve.

Really? So there's people who went an entire level, from 60 to 61 seeing experience numbers going across their screen when they killed something without actually realizing what they were?

Nothing surprises me any longer. Nothing.
Edited by Moanshadow on 6/28/2011 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Had trouble finding a name you liked for your new character that wasn't already taken and hate using special characters? Well now people can make an account to hold on to as many names as they want, forever.

Okay, if we have so much room for a flood of trial characters than will never go away why can't I get more character slots on the account I pay for?

Blizzcon 2010, asking for more character slots again like we do every Blizzcon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdhsb55ZH5w
Edited by Czarinna on 6/28/2011 7:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
From what I'm reading, it will stop gold spammers from using trial accounts for that purpose:

- A level cap of 20.
– A maximum of 10 gold.
– Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
– Unable to trade via the Auction House, mailbox, or player-to-player.
In-game access to public chat channels unavailable. Players are limited to communicating using only say, party, or whisper.
– Characters will be unable to create or join guilds.
Characters are not able to send whispers to other characters unless they have been added to the characters’ friends lists or have received a whisper from a character first.
– Characters will not be able to invite other players into a party.
– Characters will not be able to join parties with other characters above level 20.
– Voice chat disabled on Starter Edition accounts.
– Realms experiencing login queues will prioritize players who have full, paid accounts.
– Starter Edition accounts are not eligible for character transfers
– RealID features are disabled on all Starter Edition Accounts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I can't really image people not seeing they were leveling either but I guess it is possible.

--They don't have floating text enabled?
--They don't have their experience bar visible?
--They are oblivious?

Shrug............
Reply Quote
66 Human Paladin

yeah... pretty sure some folks have level'd out before they even realized they were upgraded. bone head move guys and all those people should be reverted.

Really? So there's people who went an entire level, from 60 to 61 seeing experience numbers going across their screen when they killed something without actually realizing what they were?

typically they were at a point (because of what's been done with xp gains, AND because using the bc trial to gear up actually let you earn xp, you just couldn't level) where 1 xp would lvl them. so yeah... the most likely way for it to happen is they'll join a bg, someone will cap something and they'll lvl and thats all it takes.
Edited by Lorrn on 6/29/2011 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/28/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Zarhym

What about the rest of the article? There's a few 60 twinks who are a little surprised at their free expansion upgrade, from what I understand. ;)

More information on that coming very soon. :)

You really ought to start adding a little (TM)/(C)/(R) every time you CM's use the terms 'soon','looking into it' and working/functioning'as intended'
Reply Quote
I can't really image people not seeing they were leveling either but I guess it is possible.

--They don't have floating text enabled?
--They don't have their experience bar visible?
--They are oblivious?

Shrug............

I had a friend (epoxy) who lead an all twink lvl 70 guild a while back, When they gave the free Xpac trials... he stepped out of stormwind and got a 'discovered ___' for like 200 exp or less and he dinged.... >..>

so yeah... it would be incredibly tricky to possibly notice in time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
That's pretty cool, I could really pull up a few friends to come and play infinitely until they decide they wanna subscribe. I remember Warhammer had something like this where your trial never expired, it made low level areas and events actually worth doing
Reply Quote
this is a great trial considering Blizzard isn't really hurting for more players lol. It'll populate low level zones nicely :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
06/28/2011 07:18 PMPosted by Czarinna
Okay, if we have so much room for a flood of trial characters than will never go away why can't I get more character slots on the account I pay for?

Seriously? 50 characters aren't enough for you? There's plenty of other MMOs out there who charge you extra for more than1, 50 is generous and should be more than enough for any normal, sane person.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
06/29/2011 01:36 PMPosted by Akosi

Seriously? 50 characters aren't enough for you? There's plenty of other MMOs out there who charge you extra for more than1, 50 is generous and should be more than enough for any normal, sane person.

They meant more then 10 character slots per server. With the 2 added races people wanted to experience worgen/goblin and couldn't since all their slots were full ( 1 per class ).
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
06/28/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Jaxus
I wager this is somehow related to why I saw Cataclysm on Amazon today for $20.

Nope.

I got CATA cheap on Amazon too.
Some stores bought up a lot of CATA when it was brand new, thinking it would be a major demand item. (Which it was).

Now that the expansion is not as new, they still have it in stock and it isn't moving, so they are trying to recoop some of their losses by selling it at discounted prices.
Reply Quote
A response to everyone who thinks a level cap of 20 for a free trial isn't enough-

For a completely new player (without the Recruit-a-Friend XP bonus), it does take a couple days to get to level 20.
It only takes a day or less for us to get to level 20, but that's because we're familiar with the game. We know the controls, we're used to the interface, we've memorized what most of the lowbie skills and spells do, we know what professions are and how they work, and we're familiar with the zones. We know how to run dungeons and understand the loot rolling system, and we know how battlegrounds work.
For somebody who doesn't have that advantage, WoW is a huge, complex game with a lot to learn and explore. Level 20 takes a while to reach when you're trying to figure out what you're doing.

Overall, I applaud this, and hope it in addition to Vanilla being bundled together with BC will make it easier for people to give WoW a shot if they were interested in it but thought the cost was too much of a barrier to entry.
Edited by Rinzuki on 6/29/2011 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I like this, what would make it even sweeter though. Raise the level cap to 50, gold limit to 250G, professions to 300 and allow the trial accounts to trade with each other and queue in trial account only battle grounds and trial accounts to invite other trial accounts to party and raid.

Or you could make the above suggestion like 5$

Either way this will keep my playing when my sub runs out, I might actually do some fun stuff and I can keep in contact with old friends.

OMG /nostaglia coming on!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]