Recruit a Friend - Benefit Expansion

(Locked)

anyone know about the recuit a friend mount the rocket mount how do you go about getting it from WOW and or Battlenet ?
85 Night Elf Warrior
Now if u have a friend that has already started a free trial, can u send them the RAF, or do u have to have your friend create a new account for that?
85 Night Elf Warrior
Omay, If its anything like the Zherva, u go into ur WoW account and there is a link in ur RAF page to gift it to one of your characters. Not sure if its the same for this case, but its worth a try.
Edited by Klyti on 7/3/2011 12:07 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid
Ok so I am completely confused the only expansion the RaF would need to buy is Cata? Since it goes to lvl 80? Or would they still need to buy TBC and Wrath? And does the RaF bonus Stop at once a character hits 80 or does it continue to the 90 day mark. (never understood why that stopped anyways at the "max" level) Also would transferring a lvl 85 to the account stop the RaF?
85 Troll Druid
BTW for me to post this i had to use in internet explorer becuase google chrome was giving me 500 error like nuts
90 Draenei Shaman
Sent out a recruit a friend request to a friend and he followed the steps in the email. Setup an account and purchased the game but we are not linked. What can we do to get this resolved do we submit an in game ticket?
90 Draenei Priest
Today I had my husband send me the RAF invite, I made a new account for it and upgraded it all the way to cataclysm while also purchasing game time (opting for the 6mth option since that is what I have on this account). Quick question though, when does the "trial account" restrictions go away. I tried to get bags out of my personal guild bank to use on my RAF toon and I couldn't access the bank, husband tried to trade them to me and I couldn't trade. I've updated everything, and all the xp bonuses and everything seems to be working it's just this one thing that is driving me nuts. Am I going to have to wait the full 10days for the trial version to go away? Also, at what point can I merge my new RAF account with my existing account? I don't want to screw up anything in regards to the XP bonuses or the mount - so I wasn't sure if I should just wait the 90 days to do that or if it can be done before.
Any help/answers that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
85 Draenei Shaman
So the mount isn't instant anymore when your friend gets the 60 day subscription and the WoW batlle chest? One of the fun things would be getting all the Flight paths for your friend and taking him or her a ride to the instances.
85 Draenei Priest
Today i got a RaF trial account and my veteran friend gave me his free game code he got in e-mail. I have tried to upgrade my trial account several times but it keeps saying "An Error has Ocurred." I wan wondering why. we have checked to code numorous time to make sure it was correct and yet it still will not let me upgrade.
85 Goblin Death Knight
I received a Free copy of World of Warcraft, can that be used with the Recruit a Friend promotion?

Yes, treat the Free copy of World of Warcraft that qualifying Veteran accounts received as a normal retail version of the game. It can be used to upgrade a Recruit a Friend trial as if you purchased it from a store or a digital purchase through the Blizzard Store

Wht is that for???

Also i'm having a problem i did recruited my friend but then when he bought full game version (Battle chest) we both losed our exp bonus
85 Human Paladin
Ok, i referred my friend, and his trial account or WoW1 works with the bonus xp. When he bought the battle chest on the internet, it created a WoW2. His WoW2 doesn't have the 3xp bonus. How can I get it fixed? It says we're linked, but no bonus for his WoW2 name. Help anyone?
70 Orc Hunter
My bro recruited me using the Recruit a Friend system to wow after i my trial run out i upgraded to a stander wow account and buyed BC and and 2 months of game time its been 3 months now and my brother hasn't received any rewards. it says on his account i am still on a trial account and have not upgraded to a stander account. and our linked time run out
90 Dwarf Paladin
I recruited a friend a few weeks ago, and he got vanilla and all the expansions (which includes a month's free subscription). On my wow account it says our accounts are already linked, yet up to now we are unable to summon each other. I don't see any xp bonus messages either (specially in dungeons) and he is unable to grant levels to my toon (I started a new character to level along with his worgen).

I recruited another friend back in February and it was a completely different leveling experience (I also created this toon to level with him). What's up Blizzard?
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/10/2011 04:12 PMPosted by Babalugats
On my wow account it says our accounts are already linked, yet up to now we are unable to summon each other. I don't see any xp bonus messages either (specially in dungeons) and he is unable to grant levels to my toon (I started a new character to level along with his worgen).

This sounds a lot like he created the RAF trial, but then didn't upgrade that - instead creating a second account on his Battle.Net. You'll want him to call Billing and explain the situation. They should be able to get the link transferred over. Do note, however, that it won't be retroactive. You won't get the extra xp from before - just going forward - and the 90 days can't be extended from the day the trial started.

07/10/2011 10:39 AMPosted by Betaman
My bro recruited me using the Recruit a Friend system to wow after i my trial run out i upgraded to a stander wow account and buyed BC and and 2 months of game time its been 3 months now and my brother hasn't received any rewards. it says on his account i am still on a trial account and have not upgraded to a stander account. and our linked time run out

Ditto for this one - do you happen to have a WOW1 and a WOW2 when you log in? Unfortunately, if it has been three months, there's a chance it is too late to transfer the link and earn him the rewards. You can still try giving Billing a call, but don't expect miracles. (The only other way for him to get the rewards would be upgrading that trial account too and adding time - even if you don't play it again after that.)
Edited by Eilethalua on 7/11/2011 12:19 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Mage
how long does it take for the recruiter to get the gifted mount that you're supposed to get for RAF?
90 Pandaren Mage
I was wondering the same thing.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/11/2011 01:40 PMPosted by Jonthemage
how long does it take for the recruiter to get the gifted mount that you're supposed to get for RAF?

This hasn't changed. It takes until PAID game time is added to the recruited account.

Trial = 10 free days
Full = 30 free days

If the recruit adds time with a 60-day game time card from a retail store or at least 2 of the 30-day game time codes from the Blizzard Store, then that PAID time is added immediately.

If the recruit adds a 30-day Recurring Subscription method, then they will be billed for their first PAID month on the 40th day just before the free time runs out. They will be billed for their second PAID month on the 70th day just before the free time runs out.

If the recruit adds a 90-day or 180-day Recurring Subscription, then they will be billed for both PAID months on the 40th day just before the free time runs out.

NOTE: If the recruit invites someone else or sends someone else a Scroll of Resurrection and earns a free month themselves, if it is added before a subscription bills, that could even extend it out another 30 days.

The mount reward is not sent out automatically. Once it is earned, the veteran must log into their account, go to the Referrals and Rewards > Recruit A Friend page, go to History and choose to redeem the mount - picking the character-realm for it to be sent to (only one gets it.)
90 Dwarf Paladin
Thanks, I'll try that!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]