Recruit a Friend - Benefit Expansion

(Locked)

Well, i have some questions, if i recruited a friend and he played the game but didn't upgrade to the full game and the RAF link between our accounts expired, can i send him another RAF at the same account?, and will that now give him the Free Starter Edition?

Also, to make sure i got this right:

06/28/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Vrakthris
The account will still be able to earn the upgrade/subscription rewards(30 days of game time and special mount) after the link has expired though.

Does that mean that even after the 90 days link between the two accounts expire, if the recruited account upgraded to the full game i still get the 30 Days free, and if he added other 60 Days i get the special mount?

And one last question, if the recruit after upgrading to the full game sent a RAF to two of his friends who both also upgraded to the full game, giving him a free 30 Day from each of them, will that grant me the special mount? :) , or he must buy this 60 day time?

Thats all, thanks. :)
85 Worgen Death Knight
My RAF ended 24 hours after 4.2 came out. And ofcourse i didnt even notice the the update to RAF until about 9 hours before it ended....having to work for 8 of those hours.... i got 1 hour to utilize the updated RAF system for my toons. Now i cannot blame Blizz for this really bad timing. Infact im thrilled that they upgraded the lvl cap. I just wish there there was some way to still take advantage of the RAF system when running with your friend. I completely agree that a paid 90 day account link would be great for those who have used the RAF system already and wish to continue reaping the benefits.... Think about it Blizz.... We pay you to let us level faster.... Its a win win.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/11/2011 08:56 PMPosted by Poped
Does that mean that even after the 90 days link between the two accounts expire, if the recruited account upgraded to the full game i still get the 30 Days free, and if he added other 60 Days i get the special mount?

Almost right. If the recruited account upgrades to a full account, but does not add game time, then you wouldn't get the 30 days free. If they added 30 days of game time, you would get the 30 days free. If they added 60 days of game time, you would get both the 30 days free and the mount. It doesn't matter if the original RAF trial was created a year ago, that would still be the case.

(There is a limit though - prior to the RAF program there was another recruit program. That's maybe 2-3 years ago, maybe more. It did not have a mount reward, and wouldn't earn a mount. Most likely if the old linked account shows up in the History under Refer-A-Friend, it can earn the rewards).

07/11/2011 08:56 PMPosted by Poped
And one last question, if the recruit after upgrading to the full game sent a RAF to two of his friends who both also upgraded to the full game, giving him a free 30 Day from each of them, will that grant me the special mount? :) , or he must buy this 60 day time?

No. The only way to earn the rewards is for the RAF account to have paid time added. Free time, whether from Blizzard for upgrading or for recruiting someone else does not count toward that.

(In fact, if Player 1 recruits Player 2 who adds a subscription on his account and Player 2 recruits Player 3 who adds a game time card on his account, Player 1 ends up waiting 10 days for the trial time, 30 for the upgrade time, and 30 free days of the reward - or 70 days total - before Player 2 actually gets billed and he earns his free time.)
Ok i sent a friend the link, they started the account. And i added them as a friend, and to a party. But theres no option to link the account.. Whats wrong here?
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/13/2011 08:39 PMPosted by Bignuts
Ok i sent a friend the link, they started the account. And i added them as a friend, and to a party. But theres no option to link the account.. Whats wrong here?

The link should occur automatically if they start the account from the link in the email. If they start the account by clicking the option to add a trial or add a new game, it isn't linked. You'll want to have them call Billing to straighten that out.
@Eilethalua; thats awesome, and thanks for answering my questions. :)
61 Night Elf Druid
This is great news and a pain...

The player that recruited me literally created and deleted a toon to level with each of my toons. We killed at 60. The end week of RaF we get notice we can level up to 80 w/ RaF now??

How about a +30 day buff, gift, what ever you want to call it.... for those of us that joined based on the RaF and bad timing?
12 Night Elf Rogue
my friend sent me a RAF email. i clicked on it. i signed up with the account i already had from an account i started about year ago (now expired). so now on my b.net account i have two choices to sign in on. my old account and a wow1.

the old one does not work of course beause its not being paid for. its "frozen" according to its status. but the wow1 works.(untill the ten days end i presume)

i never downloaded the starter kit it offered me to d/l durring the raf referal process. because.. i already had it the reatail wow and burning crusade installed. (having not played for over a year i got to d/l over 8 gigs of updates befor i started too)

so. i have a 60 day pre paid card i wanna use on my b.net account, will using this card hook up my buddy with the mount? and will both wow1 and my old account work? - or just one? does using the 60day card "upgrade" my wow1 sign in? my old toon is in another rehlm... my friend changed it up on me... thanks buddy... or do i have to buy the upgrade for the trial i never down loaded b4 i use the 60 day card to hoook him up with a cool mount?

know what im talken about? i dont.

MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/18/2011 01:23 AMPosted by Fullinland
so. i have a 60 day pre paid card i wanna use on my b.net account, will using this card hook up my buddy with the mount? and will both wow1 and my old account work? - or just one? does using the 60day card "upgrade" my wow1 sign in?

Simply put, the WOW1 account is the only one linked to your friend via the RAF. (A pre-existing account cannot be recruited.) Right now the WOW1 is a Trial or Starter Account. Before you can add the 60-day prepaid game time card, you need to upgrade it to a Full account - which is done by purchasing World of Warcraft Battle Chest. You don't have to buy the expansions. After it is upgraded, then you can add the 60-day prepaid card - and at that point your friend will earn his rewards.

Both your original account and WOW1 will remain on your Battle.Net. You will only be able to play on whichever has game time applied to it. You can only get the RAF benefits to experience while logged in on WOW1 and grouped with your friend.
85 Night Elf Druid
Is the RAF only usable between a full account and another, or could a trial recruit a friend as well?
If so, would they be able to enter a party together, regardless of the restriction on trials inviting to parties?
85 Undead Warlock
07/07/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Beefsteak
Now if u have a friend that has already started a free trial, can u send them the RAF, or do u have to have your friend create a new account for that?

Hope this helps clear it up. Basically to get benefit from the program, the recruit cannot have an account previous to receiving the invite. The account *MUST* be generated via the e-mail they receive.

Great, I just had one screwed up. Wish I would have found this thread earlier, because the RaF instructions read:

"If the Recruit a Friend invitee already has a Battle.net account, they will be asked to log into that account."

Which makes it sound like it can be applied to an existing trial.

Figures they'd make getting the RaF signup as cryptic as a poorly designed quest. It's infuriating because the person that has to DO the complicated signup is the one that's completely unfamiliar with Battle.net and how World of Warcraft functions, and since I've never been a recipient of the program, I have no way to explain how to activate it other than referring to the RaF instructions on the RaF page.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
@Kowabungå for the 90 days the accounts are linked you still get the 3x xp. what happens is once the character your on hits lvl 80 it stops giving 3x and gives normal, at this time if you make a new toon and your in the group with your RAF partner it will give you the 3 times xp again. untill 90 days has passed. and as for why they have the "max" lvl at 80 is cause it would ruin the cata expierence if all of a sudden people who recruited there friends would get 85 faster then those who grind without it. thus it would ruin the game for alot of people cause lets face it. the internet is full of anusheads. i hope you still need this answer haha, i am not sure if it will work however as i have yet to try it i will later this coming week however.

P.S. FOR THE HORDE!
Edited by Alicedra on 7/23/2011 6:56 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Hunter
@thoblock it is possible for someone who has a wow acount to make a new account under there battle.net account that is RAF then they would have a main account (wow1) that would be cata for example and then another thats RAF(wow2) and would be only to lich king. you could choose which one to log into from the login screen that way u could hit the 80 cap and transfer the toons to your cata main account and then level it like that.
Edited by Alicedra on 7/23/2011 6:51 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Hunter
@acerose no,a trial account cant add another trial account. the RAf would have to be between a main account and a new account. if you just made your account you can recruit someone however. the main account has to be upgraded to a full game.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
is it true that u and ur friends get one month free
1 Blood Elf Warrior
Hi im having problems with my RAF. my brother recruited me and i started the free trial account. i then upgraded to three months subscription to receive the benefits. These benefits are not working as it says our accounts are not linked? any chance of some help so that we can actually enjoy leveling with each other?
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/28/2011 05:24 PMPosted by Ruibard
is it true that u and ur friends get one month free

With the Recruit a Friend program, the Veteran account gets a free month when the Recruit account pays for a month of game time.

The Recruit account gets a free month from Blizzard when they upgrade to a Full Account from the trial.

07/28/2011 09:23 PMPosted by Franatic
Hi im having problems with my RAF. my brother recruited me and i started the free trial account. i then upgraded to three months subscription to receive the benefits. These benefits are not working as it says our accounts are not linked? any chance of some help so that we can actually enjoy leveling with each other?

Do you happen to have a WOW1 and a WOW2 on your Battle.net account? If so, you likely created a new WOW account rather than upgrading the free trial. Give Billing a call and they can straighten it out for you.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
My friend and I have done the RAF inv/download/ logged in and played together, our accounts also show that they are "linked" but we have no in game benefits. Did we do something wrong?
80 Human Paladin
I've got some issues with granting levels. Here's the run down of what went on.

My character is the recruitee, my husband is the recruiter.
My character is level 80, granted 6 levels to a lvl 74 then granted an additional 4 to another character. She should have had 30 levels to give away.

My level 80 with 30 levels to give, my husbands level 1 mage. My husbands character after granting the levels...Level 17. Now I was 'granting' faster then he was accepting, I don't know if the levels are used until the recruiter accepts them or if they drift away in the wind each time I 'grant a level'. So frustrated and upset, I logged on my level 78 rogue who has not given away ANY levels yet. I granted them slower this time, waiting until I saw his level up animation and after 24 granted levels she ran out. By now my head is exploding and I'm really confused. She should have had 39 levels to give away, why did she run out after giving away 24?

Basically I would really like to know whats going on, is there a cool down to prevent spamming it? Does granting faster then they accept actually nullify the grantable level? If neither of those are the answer how do I go about getting the lost grantable levels refunded, so they can be given?
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
07/31/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Kevychase
My friend and I have done the RAF inv/download/ logged in and played together, our accounts also show that they are "linked" but we have no in game benefits. Did we do something wrong?

Whichever of you is the Recruit, is there more than one WOW account - WOW1 and WOW2, for example? If so, which one shows as linked under Account Management? Make sure that is the one the Recruit is logging in on. If an upgrade was done to the wrong account, so the linked one is a Trial/Starter Account and the upgraded Account is not linked, have the Recruit give Billing a call.

If everything checks out otherwise that the accounts are linked, log into the game and group together in a party - one character on the Veteran account and one character on the Recruit account. Right-click on the portrait and see if "Summon Friend" and "Grant a Level" are in the list (even if they are gray, being in the list shows the link is active).

Next, make sure you meet all the requirements to receive triple experience in-game - see the Recruit-a-Friend FAQ ( http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=25716 ). When you get triple experience, if you look in the combat log you should see how much total was earned and then how much of that was from the RAF bonus.

If you're still having trouble at that point, start a new thread on this forum giving the name, realm, and level of the veteran and recruit characters and someone might be able to help pinpoint the reason.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]