Recruit a Friend - Benefit Expansion

(Locked)

MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Audiva, I've never heard of there being a cooldown on granting. HOWEVER, there are a couple of things that can cause less levels to have been earned than a player expects.

Was there trouble with your RAF link originally? Things like upgrading a new account and then having Billing fix the link means that any levels and experience earned before the link is correctly applied aren't counted. Unfortunately, there is no way to go back and add those in as earned levels to grant.

Transferring a character to the recruit account means they only earn levels from the point they are on the recruit account. Similarly, starting a DK means they only earn levels from 55 up (on each even level attained, as I recall).
80 Human Paladin
Audiva, I've never heard of there being a cooldown on granting. HOWEVER, there are a couple of things that can cause less levels to have been earned than a player expects.

Was there trouble with your RAF link originally? Things like upgrading a new account and then having Billing fix the link means that any levels and experience earned before the link is correctly applied aren't counted. Unfortunately, there is no way to go back and add those in as earned levels to grant.

Transferring a character to the recruit account means they only earn levels from the point they are on the recruit account. Similarly, starting a DK means they only earn levels from 55 up (on each even level attained, as I recall).

No there were no issues. From day one we have been linked and leveling together. So far I've leveled 3 characters to 80, 1 Rogue, 1 druid, and 1 death knight. The death knight was able to give all 13 levels, but my rogue and druid were not able to give even close to 40 levels. I transfered 2 characters over, 1 level 80 and 1 level 65. I was trying to grant my hubby's new character enough levels to hit 65 to level up with my transfered character.
Since there was no billing/link issues, is there any explanation as to why they lost the levels? We never leveled apart from each other, and as i understand the RaF guide it doesnt matter how that character earned the levels as long as they earned them since being linked. And since there was no billing or account issues, can the lost levels be refunded? It sort of sucks to have no issues at all that i know of and loose over 29 grantable levels.
73 Night Elf Mage
I'm trying to recruit a friend. I sent him the email with the link, he clicked it, created a new account and we began to play. All it allows him is the starter edition, rather than the RAF version. We have no bonus xp, no teleport to eachother ability, nothing. What am I doing wrong? I'm getting very frustrated.
80 Human Paladin

No there were no issues. From day one we have been linked and leveling together. So far I've leveled 3 characters to 80, 1 Rogue, 1 druid, and 1 death knight. The death knight was able to give all 13 levels, but my rogue and druid were not able to give even close to 40 levels. I transfered 2 characters over, 1 level 80 and 1 level 65. I was trying to grant my hubby's new character enough levels to hit 65 to level up with my transfered character.
Since there was no billing/link issues, is there any explanation as to why they lost the levels? We never leveled apart from each other, and as i understand the RaF guide it doesnt matter how that character earned the levels as long as they earned them since being linked. And since there was no billing or account issues, can the lost levels be refunded? It sort of sucks to have no issues at all that i know of and loose over 29 grantable levels.

Well I got a generic response to my ticket, about quests npcs and items and wowhead. Uhm. I dont think my ticket even got read by the GM. I lost over 29 grantable levels on a perfectly linked account and they wont even take the time to try and help me figure out how those levels just disappeared? What if the same thing happens to my next level 80?
Edited by Audiva on 8/3/2011 8:05 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Hey guys, I'm having Drama with my RaF system. I recently Sent the RaF invite to my girlfriend, went into her email, accepted, made the account, upgraded it to cataclysm instantly, made a toon, checked my worldofwarcraft.com account and it states they're not yet linked, why is this? Why is blizzard Trollin me? >.>
85 Draenei Death Knight
Today I had my husband send me the RAF invite, I made a new account for it and upgraded it all the way to cataclysm while also purchasing game time (opting for the 6mth option since that is what I have on this account). Quick question though, when does the "trial account" restrictions go away. I tried to get bags out of my personal guild bank to use on my RAF toon and I couldn't access the bank, husband tried to trade them to me and I couldn't trade. I've updated everything, and all the xp bonuses and everything seems to be working it's just this one thing that is driving me nuts. Am I going to have to wait the full 10days for the trial version to go away? Also, at what point can I merge my new RAF account with my existing account? I don't want to screw up anything in regards to the XP bonuses or the mount - so I wasn't sure if I should just wait the 90 days to do that or if it can be done before.
Any help/answers that can be provided would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

My friend has the same problem right now too, extactly same, and we don't know why/what's going on. I noticed no one seemed to have an answer for it yet.. I'm wondering if the quoted poster has been able to since then to get things from guild bank, trade etcera?
20 Blood Elf Warrior
Hey
73 Blood Elf Rogue
I wanted to get my son the full version he is on the trial at lev 20. Can i send him this and still receive the flying mount? or would he have to start all the way over?
My son has the Starter Edition..

The way i was reading this as long as he buys the game, and pays 3 months then im good right?
Since im the one paying lol!!
Edited by Robbieh on 8/7/2011 3:08 AM PDT
9 Blood Elf Warrior
im a bit slow so if anyone could explain this to me in barny speed id appreciate it.

so right now im playing the free version with a brand new account i just made. ( the one that stops at lvl 20)

my girlfriend wants to play with me as well.

now where im confused is can she make a free account... play with me to lvl 20, and when i actually buy the game can i send her a RAF? will that work?

also do i need to upgrade to cata? i was just gonna buy the vanilla and BC until i got to 70 then upgrade from there.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
08/09/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Guiltycross
now where im confused is can she make a free account... play with me to lvl 20, and when i actually buy the game can i send her a RAF? will that work?

This won't work quite the way you're wanting, no.

Only a Full Account can recruit someone. The RAF invitation creates a new trial (Starter Edition) account. So you can send her the RAF invitation after you buy the game, allowing for 72 hours to finalize purchase, but she would have to make a new RAF trial. The invitation couldn't be transferred to the free account she would make before that point.

08/09/2011 01:34 AMPosted by Guiltycross
also do i need to upgrade to cata? i was just gonna buy the vanilla and BC until i got to 70 then upgrade from there.

No, the account simply needs to be a full, paid account. The Battle Chest (vanilla and BC combined) is all you need. Do note that once you upgrade, it is no longer "free to play". It comes with 30 days free from Blizzard, but after that you will need to buy game time.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
08/07/2011 03:04 AMPosted by Robbieh
I wanted to get my son the full version he is on the trial at lev 20. Can i send him this and still receive the flying mount? or would he have to start all the way over?

Similar to above, the RAF invitation creates a brand new Starter Edition. It cannot be used to link an existing Starter Edition. (In some cases, if the existing Starter Edition was made very recently and was intended to be linked, Billing can help. That decision is up to them.)

If he starts a new Starter Edition with the RAF link, and you upgrade that to a full account and add two months of paid game time, then you can earn the free time and 2-seater flying mount. (It's two paid months, not three - but can take three months because Blizzard gives a free month with upgrading to a full account.)
100 Human Paladin
How does the experience work?

Do you have to level with each other to get triple xp?

What if an the veteran is an 80 and the recruit is a lvl 10 and the 80 wants to power grind instances for the recruit will the triple xp still work?
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Most of what you're asking is answered in the FAQ. Page 2 gives the information on the in-game benefits and restrictions to those. This section answers both of your questions, I believe:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=25716

Do I always gain triple experience while I am linked to my recruit?

No. In order to receive triple experience, you must be partied with a character on a linked account and within 100 yards of one another. With this, both characters (veteran and recruit) must be present for each kill and quest completion.

Also, should monsters or quests be marked as "Low Level" or listed as gray in difficulty for either character, triple experience will not apply.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
i bought the RAF and i was wondering if we hit level 80 will raf still work for triple exp if we start new chars
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
08/15/2011 10:04 PMPosted by Garis
i bought the RAF and i was wondering if we hit level 80 will raf still work for triple exp if we start new chars

Absolutely. You can be leveling as many new characters as you want and, as long as the 90-day link is active and other requirements met (levels close, partied, near each other), the triple experience will be earned by those characters.
100 Human Mage
How can I level with RAF with my friend who also already has an account? Would he have to buy the games over again? Then pay a new monthly fee plus pay to transfer the new alts back to main account? Thanks!! :)
5 Human Warlock
I would like to be recruited. My email is wardy011@yahoo.com. can somene please recruit me so I can get the 300% xp?
26 Undead Rogue
i have entered a RaF with a friend, he got the email, he verified, then he uprgraded to a full account, but i have not been able to get any of the perks yet, and it doesn't allow us to use the teleport button. What do i do?
12 Human Hunter
do u need to buy the cd version of the game or can you just download it and make an account for recruit a friend?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]