And then there was firelands....

lol, is this going to turn into a PvP vs. PvE argument? Because those are about as pointless as the 10M vs. 25M arguments….

But then again, these forums are pretty dull and need a good debate :D

People here think PVE is hard because the majority of the people that they play with are retarted(assuming that they are not retarted). Follow a rotation, s key out of fire, and don't even get me started on how ez the healing is.

There is no debate when it comes to PVE vs PVP and which takes more skill. If you like it better i'm perfectly fine with that, this is a game and you should do what you want but don't go around telling me that PVE is harder than PVP lol.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
People here think PVP is hard because they've never tried to do a heroic PVE encounter in a current tier that wasn't months behind the rest of their server. I've PVE'd with PVP heroes many times in the past, and let me tell you... revealing. Not that they were all "bad" per se, but the gap between their own perceived skill level and what the meters say is almost always there and almost always hilarious.

Your helm and chest are unenchanted, your gemming is retarded, and you have no useful professions. You can't tell me that facerolling a poorly setup resto shaman to lower 2000s in 3s with a FOTM comp takes more skill than being top 200 in the world on any given PVE encounter. Clearly, only those with "lol", an overused/abused spell name, and/or "umad" in their name have any video game ability, right?

Here's a little info on the REAL deal: At the top, PVP and PVE both take a great deal of research, practice, and straight up skill from the whole group. No question. Those guys all have their characters setup perfectly. If a complete reforge will give them .1% of an advantage, they do it. They play the game for extreme amounts of times until every action they could possibly take is reduced to muscle memory. They know every raid encounter or arena comp that they will run into and know exactly how to respond in a given situation.

At the middle, where essentially all arena teams or guilds on this server reside... not so much. The average skill of each of those given groups is not that high. Somebody is good, possibly even nearing those I refer to in the previous paragraph, and somebody is getting carried. Given your armory... lol indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
that was a well thought out post, sir
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
+1 Erinye.
Reply Quote
People here think PVP is hard because they've never tried to do a heroic PVE encounter in a current tier that wasn't months behind the rest of their server. I've PVE'd with PVP heroes many times in the past, and let me tell you... revealing. Not that they were all "bad" per se, but the gap between their own perceived skill level and what the meters say is almost always there and almost always hilarious.

Your helm and chest are unenchanted, your gemming is retarded, and you have no useful professions. You can't tell me that facerolling a poorly setup resto shaman to lower 2000s in 3s with a FOTM comp takes more skill than being top 200 in the world on any given PVE encounter. Clearly, only those with "lol", an overused/abused spell name, and/or "umad" in their name have any video game ability, right?

Here's a little info on the REAL deal: At the top, PVP and PVE both take a great deal of research, practice, and straight up skill from the whole group. No question. Those guys all have their characters setup perfectly. If a complete reforge will give them .1% of an advantage, they do it. They play the game for extreme amounts of times until every action they could possibly take is reduced to muscle memory. They know every raid encounter or arena comp that they will run into and know exactly how to respond in a given situation.

At the middle, where essentially all arena teams or guilds on this server reside... not so much. The average skill of each of those given groups is not that high. Somebody is good, possibly even nearing those I refer to in the previous paragraph, and somebody is getting carried. Given your armory... lol indeed.

I have raided hardcore back in BC I played on malganis and was apart of aurora. We where in the top 25 US guilds to down Illidan/Archi and Kill Jaden. I no longer PVE because it is boring and mindless. (and also they merged with death and taxes during WOTLK and the DnT officers where !!*#s) I will say right now PVP takes way more concentration and awareness and higher reaction time and skill base than PVE. Sorry when you know exactly what is going to happen when it just kind of makes it easy mode after a few tries.
Edited by Bieberfever on 7/5/2011 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 Bieberfever
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well as long as we're stating opinion as fact, +1 to me for being so generally awesome.

Also, lol at pvp being less repetitive & boring than pve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
since only 16 year old girls like justin bieber, what you said can't be true because you would have only been 13. 13 year old girls don't have time to play wow as they are too busy texting people. duh..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
and yes, +1 to gwynna
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/05/2011 11:25 AMPosted by Bubbleøseven
and yes, +1 to gwynna

go kill rag
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
07/05/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Erinye
Your helm and chest are unenchanted, your gemming is retarded, and you have no useful professions.

he spent all the gold he ninjaed from his previous guild already sorry
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
People here think PVE is hard because the majority of the people that they play with are retarted(assuming that they are not retarted). Follow a rotation, s key out of fire, and don't even get me started on how ez the healing is.

There is no debate when it comes to PVE vs PVP and which takes more skill. If you like it better i'm perfectly fine with that, this is a game and you should do what you want but don't go around telling me that PVE is harder than PVP lol.

I didn't say that PvE is harder than PvP, I said that it is a pointless argument. People are going to believe what they want to believe.

07/05/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Erinye

This ^
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
07/05/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Bieberfever
I have raided hardcore back in BC I played on malganis and was apart of aurora. We where in the top 25 US guilds to down Illidan/Archi and Kill Jaden. I no longer PVE because it is boring and mindless. (and also they merged with death and taxes during WOTLK and the DnT officers where !!*#s) I will say right now PVP takes way more concentration and awareness and higher reaction time and skill base than PVE. Sorry when you know exactly what is going to happen when it just kind of makes it easy mode after a few tries.

Wait... so you were a top US raider on Mal'ganis... then came to carebear Bladefist to PVP on a character named after Justin Bieber? That certainly sounds like a sensible route to take, and an intelligent person wouldn't assume that claim to be dubious in any way.

But seriously, what was your main and why would you do this? I am interested.

Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Kids can dream, that's all I will add to this arguement.
Reply Quote
07/05/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Erinye

Wait... so you were a top US raider on Mal'ganis... then came to carebear Bladefist to PVP on a character named after Justin Bieber? That certainly sounds like a sensible route to take, and an intelligent person wouldn't assume that claim to be dubious in any way.

But seriously, what was your main and why would you do this? I am interested.

When Aurora mearged with Death and Taxes I quit the game and sold that account. I started playing again briefly before cataclysm started because I have RL friends that play on this server and bugged me to play on this server back when I played before.

So thats why I no longer play on malganis and play on bladefist now. Also I was burnt out of raiding after sunwell and I no longer have 40+ hours a week to spend on raiding.
Reply Quote
07/05/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Deathpwnu
Kids can dream, that's all I will add to this arguement.

And deathpwnu this is Cattbutz I have told you this exact same thing since the day I came over to this server. You know the dude that beat you to server first 85 in WOTLK quest greens while you where rocking your t10.
Edited by Bieberfever on 7/5/2011 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]