Tabard Tab Request

85 Dwarf Shaman
I have seen minor discussions about this but I thought I'd post a request again. Are there any considerations for a tab for your tabards? I keep all of mine (Yes, I could throw most of them away since they can be bought back) but sometimes I throw on old school ones that look cool! (Honor Hold anyone?) Anywho, something like a spellbook where you could "learn" the current ones you have and switch to them? Is this in discussions or am I just asking for too miniscule a thing?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
06/30/2011 04:27 PMPosted by Ytooj
Are there any considerations for a tab for your tabards?

Yes!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Quick catch the blue and force him to tell us more before he escapes :P
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Too late... :(
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
06/30/2011 04:28 PMPosted by Bashiok

Yes!

Will it happen soon, or will it be like Equipment Manager that took 3-4 years to implement, or some kind of appearance system that has been promised for the past 4 years and is still no where in sight.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/30/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Maximusrex
Will it happen soon, or will it be like Equipment Manager that took 3-4 years to implement, or some kind of appearance system that has been promised for the past 4 years and is still no where in sight.

I think the main issue they're currently having with the tabard tab is that some tabards have on-use effects. For example, Hellscream's Reach Tabard.
Edited by Karat on 6/30/2011 4:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

Yes!

What happened to the drop-down menu idea?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

Yes!

This was asked at Blizzcon 2010. The response was yes we know its wanted but its simply not wanted enough to make it a priority to create this right now immediately.

I was boggled by this response. I did not agree with Blizzard then. I Booed as loud as I could.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
To clarify: he asked if we were considering it, and yes we are considering it. :)

On a serious point though some people are upset about the removal of the key ring. While that seems like we're just taking it out to be bullies, it specifically frees up storage space we can then make into useful features. Not that it will specifically be used for 'tabard storage', but we are going to be using the space the removal of the key ring freed up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
06/30/2011 04:52 PMPosted by Bashiok
taking it out to be bullies

You took my key ring & my lunch money! :(
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
but we are going to be using the space the removal of the key ring freed up.

for...?

/nudge
/poke
/wink
/saynomore
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
it specifically frees up storage space we can then make into useful features. Not that it will specifically be used for 'tabard storage', but we are going to be using the space the removal of the key ring freed up.

I like this. While the keychain being removed was annoying (can't we just have 90 slot bags? lol), it's understandable because it's purpose is no longer as necessary as it had been. Whatever takes it's place will (hopefully) be equally as exciting a feature as the keychain originally was. I am excited...

Side note: Even if it's not used for tabards, please implement something for tabards... :)
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
To clarify: he asked if we were considering it, and yes we are considering it. :)

On a serious point though some people are upset about the removal of the key ring. While that seems like we're just taking it out to be bullies, it specifically frees up storage space we can then make into useful features. Not that it will specifically be used for 'tabard storage', but we are going to be using the space the removal of the key ring freed up.

Guys, if this really frees up needed space you are in serious trouble.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

NO Bash you are wrong. He said specifically that not enough people wanted it so therefore it was further down on the priortity list of things to do and then asked on a timetable there was no response at all whatsoever.

Edit: He also told the crowd to make a bigger forum flurry to get more people to demand it be made so it would get moved up the priority list. Which was total BS imo. /End Edit.

He also talked specifically about some type of issue with making a tabard tab, some kind of coding problem that was not elaborated upon.
Edited by Kurenai on 6/30/2011 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/30/2011 04:52 PMPosted by Bashiok

How about something like this: http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/Enderon/Tabard_List_Mock_Up.png

Here's the full design document: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2712201537
Edited by Enderon on 6/30/2011 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's hard for me to believe that the keychain really took up that much space.

Plus keys were a fun thing to collect and have. To me it's like taking out minipets.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Why is something like this not a priority but /roar sounds are? -_-
Reply Quote
10 Dwarf Shaman
06/30/2011 08:27 PMPosted by Bucats
Why is something like this not a priority but /roar sounds are? -_-

Because some things are easier to add to the game than others.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]