Where to find level 77-79 cata gear, fo heals

85 Draenei Shaman
Hi guys.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any particular spots that are good for farming level 77-79 cata greens, particularly for heals? I want to have fun in this tier of BGs (I've leveled this character up primarily by BGs, so don't want to stop now!) but practically all of the gear on the AH is 300g, and they hardly have any gear for resto shamans! :/

So I want to take one of my 85s to try and get some gear for this character. I'm guessing I'll be able to find most of the gear in Hyjal and Vashjir. Any particular spots that are good for findthing them?

Anyway, if anyone could help me out I'd be appreciative :3 Hope this is the right place to post!
-Shockzi
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Druid
There are crabs in Vash'jir that respawn very quickly. They're right near the vrykul you have to kill for one of the battle maiden quests. They're completely random boe drops and there isn't a particular area that will get you certain drops, so it's best to just find an area with fast respawns such as above. You're probably going to end up selling useless greens and buying the useful ones anyways, so if you have a better way to farm gold I'd recommend that.

Also consider getting some friends to summon you to BRC and Throne of the Tides to get all the blues there that you can use.
Edited by Relaxplease on 7/4/2011 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
There are crabs in Vash'jir that respawn very quickly. They're right near the vrykul you have to kill for one of the battle maiden quests. They're completely random boe drops and there isn't a particular area that will get you certain drops, so it's best to just find an area with fast respawns such as above. You're probably going to end up selling useless greens and buying the useful ones anyways, so if you have a better way to farm gold I'd recommend that.

Also consider getting some friends to summon you to BRC and Throne of the Tides to get all the blues there that you can use.

Cool, thanks for the tips :)
Which area of the map are those vrykul in? are they on that "island" like section at the very south of the map? If that makes any sense.. lol. I haven't quested there in awhile.

And alright, good to know that the drops are all random. I guess if I could at least sell some so that I could buy what I need, that'd be nice.

And are BRC and Throne of the Tides instances? I can go on my shaman and get gear for that level? (sorry I pretty much only pvp so forgive my ignorance :P)

Thanks again for your help! :)
Reply Quote
79 Night Elf Hunter
Can you do arena in 77-79 Bracket?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
07/04/2011 07:43 PMPosted by Elphame

Exp off yes, but no one is in the 77-79 bracket.

It's a dead bracket.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

07/04/2011 07:43 PMPosted by Elphame

Would hate to play arena with crap resil. lol
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
And as an update.. I tried this spot in Hyjal where these ogres constantly walk by, and I have found a few greens already, but none that are good for me. Hopefully I can sell some so I can buy my own.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Deepholm has mobs of trogs that rapidly respawn..... farmed an hour.... results were...
16 stacks of embersilk
3- green 79 Ilevel 285 BOE's
310+ gold in coin loot
68 gold in trash grey loot
all in all ...... worth it but bring AoE or its time consuming.....
Reply Quote
i found while running the 2 dungeons u get alot of lvl77-79 cata greens, i got all but 2 greens while looking for blues for my rogue. also to do both instances all u need is a decent geared tank thats it for both instances

i like feral if u can use it cause throne of the tides u need dps and tanking at the end for the last boss(on kinda a timer), which can be done solo with feral cat/bear. otherwise u might need to bring a 85 dps with ur tank and urself for throne of the tides.. (also the 2nd boss can be tricky solo also with that debuff that slows u)
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
even better is to just shut off exp and queue for cata randoms. win/ninja blue gear and go to town with your exp turned back on

You can't que for random unless your 80. However, you can entire them the old fashion way at 77. Just farm them until level 78 and then turn XP off and finish up getting everything else. You should be able to fill almost all your slots with blues except for about 3 of them... depending on class and spec. Just reforge the mastery to haste or crit.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Death Knight
u can get em from next to the grove of aessin in on mt hyjal farm on the rageing firestorms but there hard to get u gotta farm em allot
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
u can get em from next to the grove of aessin in on mt hyjal farm on the rageing firestorms but there hard to get u gotta farm em allot

This thread was from 2011.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]