Day 1 nearly 50% of HM's in FL cleared?

07/05/2011 07:26 PMPosted by Lefthandpath
scripted encounter is scripted.

Scripted =/= easy.
Reply Quote
29 Orc Mage
No Adept from Blackrock!

/sadface

Pretty sure they transferred to Frostmourne alliance.

Well that explains Maldazzar being guildless.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
PTR was a mistake. They worked on Firelands for a really long time, and it was cleared the first day it went live. That just spells out fail to me
Reply Quote
75 Troll Druid
07/05/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Gorgondor
then it says to me, we will probably have a pretty easy time in there too over the next month or so, and i just don't want content to be that easy.

Rofl. You haven't killed Nef normal post nerf. FL heroic won't be an easy time for you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
07/05/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Edisola
PTR was a mistake

Not testing the bosses is worse.

The only people who care aren't even involved in the matter. The best players in the world are going to down the content fast no matter what. Making it marginally more mysterious doesn't change that. It was not in any shape way or form better when bosses were untested and outright impossible due to bugs. The moment they fixed those bugs the bosses died.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
07/05/2011 07:20 PMPosted by Holychula
Some guild transferred factions to reset their lockout and begin heroic modes.... kinda sad.

very sad......blizzard needs to not let us test out dungeons on ptr and have a team/hire players to keep things quiet until, those bosses are fixed/done.

Some guilds are already 7/7 FL in Sargeras so I hear....

ya. blizzard kinda screws their own content. They have the players test it to save money, but it ends up costing them because content doesnt last as long.
Reply Quote
12 Undead Rogue
07/05/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Vv
PTR was a mistake

Not testing the bosses is worse.

The only people who care aren't even involved in the matter. The best players in the world are going to down the content fast no matter what. Making it marginally more mysterious doesn't change that. It was not in any shape way or form better when bosses were untested and outright impossible due to bugs. The moment they fixed those bugs the bosses died.

I don't like knowing new fights before starting them. It kind of takes away the /gasp. Every ability, movement, and loot are known way too well before going live. Then guilds force you to study and call out the healer or dps that didn't study hard enough.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This is sad and depressing because it means even average guilds are going to be bored real fast. We took the holidays off and plan on getting in on Wed but a good number of guilds that were below us on BWD, BoT, & Winds have already downed 3 or 4 bosses. That sucks because it means in 2 months I'm going to be bored out of my mind with the game. I guess I have to ask when the next raid is coming :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Oh no... woe to the world that someone who isn't you has cleared content. Nevermind that said people are hardcore raiding guilds, who's entire focus in WoW life is to down content as fast as humanly possible...

Focus on what you're doing and not what other people that aren't you are doing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
44 guilds have downed a hard modes as of 11 pm EST. over 12000 guilds have killed at least one boss in firelands over the past week. Everyone in those guild has at least 372 in every slot possible, and probably has 2-5 peices of 378. They are also the best raiders in the game.

Do I expect the less than 1% of guilds that are the best geared and most skilled, and who spent time on the ptr on each of these fights to beat these encounters quickly? Yes. Will the vast majority of people complaining about this get to 4/7 firelands by 4.3. probably not.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
07/05/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Frankinbery
I don't like knowing new fights before starting them. It kind of takes away the /gasp. Every ability, movement, and loot are known way too well before going live. Then guilds force you to study and call out the healer or dps that didn't study hard enough.

Unless you're in a cutting edge progression guild none of that matters, since they'll down the bosses before you and spoil the surprise.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]