Day 1 nearly 50% of HM's in FL cleared?

85 Human Rogue
07/05/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Moohots
In the 1st day of Firelands...100% of the content was cleared out. In second week with HM's enabled nearly 50% of the encounters were cleared. Compare these kill dates to TBC, Blizzard you're doing it wrong. Bosses should not die this fast, especially HEROIC encounters. In my opinion of course.
I'm curious. How long do you feel it should take for the first guilds to clear Firelands heroic, for it to be considered properly-tuned in your opinion? If you found that the first six bosses were downed quickly but the last one turned out to be a real challenge that took two or three weeks to kill, would you see that as a good thing or bad? Is there a pace that you would prefer?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/07/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Soulyouth
So, who all in this thread is clearing heroic bosses in FL already? Or is this yet another post talking about how easy the game is based on the achievements on people they've never talked to or met?

raises hand.

norms felt very easy but we over geared them as I think they were tuned for 359s
HM feel alot better.

So you like heroic modes then? The system works. Is there anyone who's done HM and agrees with the Op that they're way, way too easy?
Reply Quote
6 Troll Mage
07/05/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Moohots
Compare these kill dates to TBC

Why would anyone make that comparison? BC raids were gated, it was impossible to clear or even half-clear them in a week. It's hard to take your argument seriously when you say stuff like this.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Paragon got the world second normal mode Nef kill on Dec 13, 2010, after getting world firsts on reg Cho'Gall and Al'Akir on Dec 9th.. They then got the world first Sinestra kill on Jan 20, 2011.

It took the best guild in the world over a month to kill every T11 hardmode, so I would like T12 to take roughly the same amount of time for the top guilds.
Reply Quote

Nope, just you bud.

One of the guilds spent 14 hours in the dungeon while taking breaks. If people have the time and patience it can get done.

Bad troll is bad. The PTR has scheduled testing times, not open like the beta. In no way were heroic encounters available for 14 hours. Clearly you're bringing fake facts to the table.

If you think that, nope just you bud in your RP fantasy world that isn't real.

When did I ever mention the PTR and I'm the troll? I said one of the guilds spent 14 hours in the dungeon, I never said that they did 14 hours on the PTR. They did 14 on live servers but you're a lost cause. Continue you with your little whine fest princess.

Apparently the OP made a video about this as well, Fail!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
07/05/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Duckofdeath
Exactly what did you expect when guilds have months of access to the PTR to work on downing these bosses? You want content to last longer then you have to keep people off test learning the fights before it is released. But then you have the problem with releasing content that isnt properly tested. No win situation really. If you want to make things harder for your guild in particular then make sure no one goes on test and no one reads up on the fights from people that were on test. See how fast things go then. Of course no progression guild would do that because they are more interested in firsts and have to keep up with all the other people working on their strats before the content is released.

True but what Blizzard could do is what Sony does. When I played Everquest and tested their fights in betas we only got to test 1 or 2 fights. We NEVER EVER got to test the whole zone. Right there is the downfall. Blizzard allows these guilds to test every single fight and when it hits the live servers they plow through it.

Restrict testing and it may just go a little slower.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
No Adept from Blackrock!

/sadface

Adept is on Frostmourne alliance now. 4/7 hardmodes and they play with 200+ latency. Australian's reppin'.

Indeed.

They sure get things done. They put in the hard yards and get *%@* done.

But their raid hours for progression are extreme.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/07/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Moohots
We did not have much time in regards to heroic encounters, and now its 5/7. Research your facts please.

Research facts?

Fact: Besides hitting harder and having more health the bosses only have a couple new abilities in heroic mode.

So normal mode bosses went down on day one. A week later when heroics are opened (not counting the guild that transfered to open it up earlier) the bosses are going down a bit slower as these guilds figure out the few new twists. Its not like heroics are a completely different fight. You figure out the new twists and you adapt. So instead of taking one day to kill all 7 it takes about a day per boss (yeah I know its 5/7 and its only been 3 days but they got a head start on the first couple bosses thanks to the guild that transfered and posted info).

So what are these facts you are refering to that I need to research?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
True but what Blizzard could do is what Sony does. When I played Everquest and tested their fights in betas we only got to test 1 or 2 fights. We NEVER EVER got to test the whole zone. Right there is the downfall. Blizzard allows these guilds to test every single fight and when it hits the live servers they plow through it.

Blizzard could do what Sony does? ROFL. Thats a good one. You know the difference between letting people test everything and not letting people test everything? You essentially move the test server onto live until the bugs are fixed. If you thought WoW has issues with patch day bugs now just try it without letting people test the boss fights.

Besides having bugs you get boss fights that are either overtuned or undertuned. Then you get people complaining about bugs and about how some people got cheap kills before the bosses were buffed and about how the bosses are impossible and need to be nerfed. I like the fact that people think its so important to get first kills and down bosses on day one that they do all the testing instead of turning live servers into test.

And you want to change it for what? So you can say that those people didnt beat the boss right away and run out of content? Hey guess what they didnt beat it right away. They spent months doing it on test. And their new content is available when the new patch hits test. They choose to play more on test than live just so they can get first kills on live and run out of content as fast as possible.

You see this plowing through content once it goes live as a downfall when it really just makes it better for all the people that are not in top progression guilds to have properly tested content while allowing the top progression guilds to race and have super fast kills to brag about. Seems like a win win to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My guess is that these guilds are already geared through heroic BWD/BoT/ToT. After they've practiced on the PTR, it is really not hard for them to start clearing heroic mode of Fireland 2nd week into the 4.2. Then, it seems, if you are in a guild like that, you'd be clearing normal mode on PTR, and progress through Heroic mode after the official release; while others would be starting from the normal mode.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
They could have gone 7/7 hm on the first day then tracked down Deathwing and killed him and it wouldn't alter my enjoyment of Firelands.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
At first I was skeptical on wether or not this content was being cleared to quickly, I still cannot really say for sure. However, we must realise Blizzard cannot tune content so that it stalls the best guilds in the world so much that they only clear bosses like once every couple of weeks or even every week.

We will have to wait and see how long it takes for still high end raiding guilds (not world first) to clear this content. I do have the feeling that this content will not last nearly as long as the last, However, that is perhaps what Blizzard intends. It is possible they are ready/planning to bring out a second part to this tier.

To soon to tell anything for sure. Another thing that over the next few weeks must be monitored closely is tyhe fdifficulty balance between 10 and 25 mans. It seems to be generally accepted 25man nprmals were harder this tier on a few more fights. However there is growing speculation that 10man will be harder on heroic. My personal guess is that Beth'ilac is overtuned on 10man.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Blizzard could do what Sony does? ROFL. Thats a good one. You know the difference between letting people test everything and not letting people test everything? You essentially move the test server onto live until the bugs are fixed. If you thought WoW has issues with patch day bugs now just try it without letting people test the boss fights.

Besides having bugs you get boss fights that are either overtuned or undertuned. Then you get people complaining about bugs and about how some people got cheap kills before the bosses were buffed and about how the bosses are impossible and need to be nerfed. I like the fact that people think its so important to get first kills and down bosses on day one that they do all the testing instead of turning live servers into test.

And you want to change it for what? So you can say that those people didnt beat the boss right away and run out of content? Hey guess what they didnt beat it right away. They spent months doing it on test. And their new content is available when the new patch hits test. They choose to play more on test than live just so they can get first kills on live and run out of content as fast as possible.

You see this plowing through content once it goes live as a downfall when it really just makes it better for all the people that are not in top progression guilds to have properly tested content while allowing the top progression guilds to race and have super fast kills to brag about. Seems like a win win to me.

You clearly missed what I said. There's how many hardcore guilds? Anyways the real number doesn't matter. You take the top 10 guilds and get each to test a different fight...like SOE. This ensures EVERYTHING is tested and not all by 1 guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/07/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Omina
You clearly missed what I said. There's how many hardcore guilds? Anyways the real number doesn't matter. You take the top 10 guilds and get each to test a different fight...like SOE. This ensures EVERYTHING is tested and not all by 1 guild.

And you clearly dont understand that pretty much any testing done by one guild would be shared with the others. There is no point in trying to keep them seperate. Besides if they didnt share or werent allowed to share then there would be even more QQ as the guilds would complain about which boss they had access to. Those with an easy early boss would be at a disadvantage to those allowed to test the harder end boss.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Sinestra wasn't tested on beta. Funnily enough, it didn't even really work when top guilds first got to it, and saw significant changes in the encounter between pulls. I'm not sure difficulty of content should come in the form of game breaking bugs.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
No Adept from Blackrock!

/sadface

If someone hasn't said it already, they transferred. Frostmourne Alliance, if I remember correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]