i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warrior
I hope we get compensated as well.

But all of the RAGE is..left. Blizzard responded. It was well thought out and apologetic. I appreciate that.

I can now calmly wait and see what we get in return.
61 Tauren Death Knight
The new 371 gear has less sockets than the old 365 gear. Now its barely an upgrade. Compensation has already been made, accidental or not.
86 Blood Elf Rogue
07/06/2011 06:08 PMPosted by Robertzep
They said the will try to alleviate SOME of the misfortune. Anyways, my original point was that you're not ENTITLED to anything.

People can still ask, it's not unreasonable. If you want to get on people for how they're asking, be my guest, otherwise, just stop, you've made your stance clear. You said you wanted to see Blizzard's response as a reason for you posting in these threads. You saw it, feel free to leave.
29 Human Mage
07/06/2011 06:06 PMPosted by Sadasiusdk
Now it is the 'How to fix this!' point of the game here. How is this mistake in which you admit to and apologized for going to get fixed?

They probably don't know yet. I expect tomorrow or Friday they'll get a team together to brainstorm and debate the various ways they could compensate you, ranging from upgrading all the old season 9 gear to season 10 stats, but keeping the two sets unique; offering the ability to refund that gear for honor points for a brief period of time (say, one week); installing an npc that lets you exchange the old gear for the new gear at no cost; saying we're sorry and doing nothing about it; or something else I haven't thought of.

Anyways, they'll debate, eventually make a decision, and then that decision will be communicated to us. There probably isn't much use in us getting all angry or self-righteous, just sit back and let the committee do their work (or post potential solutions if you want). If we haven't heard anything in a week's time, then you can get angry.

EDIT: I guess technically speaking I don't know how Blizzard operates, I just assumed based on how most companies do things.
Edited by Bahia on 7/6/2011 6:14 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
07/06/2011 05:56 PMPosted by Mesothorny
We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

The most important part of Zarhym's post.

AGREED
85 Human Warrior
1) We noted that Conquest Points were going to be converted into Honor Points above the 4,000 cap with the release of patch 4.2, giving players one week to spend these excess points before the start of Season 10, at which point the 4,000 point cap would go into effect. Instead, the Honor Point cap intended to be enforced yesterday was applied at the same time Conquest Points were converted to Honor Points with patch 4.2. This led many players who saved Conquest Points up for the season transition to receive gold for any Honor Points above 4,000, rather than points above that cap. There wasn't a feasible solution for correcting the fact that the calculations had been run a week early.

Why would anyone spend their converted honor points on old gear when the new season is coming up?
85 Blood Elf Priest
This not only made our intentions very unclear, but led players to make choices to spend their Honor Points they otherwise probably would not have made.

Thanks for the reply, but might I note for most the honor points are not the big issue---its the gold. For those that had more than half a set to replace, they easily spent thousands of gold on enchants, gems and reforging believing that they would utilize the gear for months before having full ruthless.

And for those who did it with two, three, four toons? They could have been robbed of more gold than many have on their toons altogether.

I only spent about 1200g. I know others who went over 10000g.
70 Human Mage
i dont see why they dont just fix it?
would make people happy and it WOULDNT HURT ANY1
so wat gives?
i think its cuz they did it on purpose! the whole covering it up and ninja adding it too

i think its feeling like we've been cheated out of our weekend that hurst the most

did they not tell us cuz they knew no1 would bg for the entire week if we knew it was a waste?

It's not as simple as you think.

Literally
90 Tauren Warrior
Thank you, Very nice to see a Post clearing up and pushing things forward, I hope you all come up with something good.
Edited by Buefordz on 7/6/2011 6:17 PM PDT
100 Human Death Knight
What i don't get is why they dont upgrade they gear, they've already changed the skin on my weapon twice. no warning or patch notes regarding it what-so-ever
85 Human Warrior
This not only made our intentions very unclear, but led players to make choices to spend their Honor Points they otherwise probably would not have made.

Thanks for the reply, but might I note for most the honor points are not the big issue---its the gold. For those that had more than half a set to replace, they easily spent thousands of gold on enchants, gems and reforging believing that they would utilize the gear for months before having full ruthless.

And for those who did it with two, three, four toons? They could have been robbed of more gold than many have on their toons altogether.

I only spent about 1200g. I know others who went over 10000g.

Honor is the issue for me
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/06/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

I'm not sure what will come out of this but thanks for posting Zarhym.
The emphasis on the 4000 honor points as being the major extent of the harm has me a bit concerned, but lets wait and see what the remediation might be.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Why not just upgrade all our season nine stuff to season ten stuff? In my case, I spend 120 Tol Barad tokens on new season nine stuff, which works out to 20 clears of Tol Barad (or three weeks) or about 5-6 hours of time investment. Any solution where I lose that pretty significant investment is still going to leave me pretty upset.
90 Human Mage
The new plan is for people with extra Conquest points at the end of a season to give them the 'option' of spending those extra points in the form of converted Honor during the off-season week on the same gear they could have spent the Conquest points on anyway during the previous season?

Might as well just give gold for CP because the people with extra Conquest points generally already have the entire previous season arena gearset BEFORE the end of the season.

70 Human Rogue
i dont see why they dont just fix it?
would make people happy and it WOULDNT HURT ANY1
so wat gives?

They have to figure out the best way to do this now because if they just give everyone who grinded last week free upgrades to S10, they're screwing over the people who have already begun replacing last week's S9 with S10 stuff. (They'll be saying, "I got S9 last week and then I replaced it with S10 this week, and now you're saying I would've just gotten it for free?! WTF") I'm guessing they're gonna spend the next few days figuring out how to do this without screwing anyone else over in the process.
07/06/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
The reality is players would have been better off saving 4,000 HP for the start of Season 10 when ilvl 371 gear was released. But they had no way of knowing that.

This is what I was talking about. They don't seem to acknowledge the harm beyond this, therefore I would expect whatever remediation they provide to be roughly equivalent to 4000 honor. Just a hunch, but like I said, I'm willing to wait and see.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]