i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
07/08/2011 08:11 AMPosted by Leaina
Has there been a blue post on the forums about this? I understand its on the official site and is their stance but I'm wondering if they posted in blue text about it.

I doubt the CMs will post anything about it since it'll simply invite flames. Either that or they are cautiously crafting a reply as we speak.
85 Human Death Knight
07/08/2011 08:14 AMPosted by Syckness
Has there been a blue post on the forums about this? I understand its on the official site and is their stance but I'm wondering if they posted in blue text about it.

I doubt the CMs will post anything about it since it'll simply invite flames. Either that or they are cautiously crafting a reply as we speak.

I don't PvP but this highlights an ongoing issue I have with Blizzard and that is their terrible communication (the same issue which basically led to the current situation). They post on the forums saying they messed up and are looking at the problem and possible ways to provide some help to people, then they make an end-run and post in an obscure place that they won't be providing any help to those who they failed to inform of the change.

Now maybe the plan was to make a forum post and put it in the customer service thing as well, but if so that's another dropping of the ball.

When you have an issue that has your customers upset you play things very carefully so that you don't escalate the problem with your solution. That's what this is. Yes, they would have been flamed for posting that they weren't going to do anything, but now they're going to be flamed because they aren't doing anything and they've fed the fires of the conspiracy theorists by not being as up front as they can about it.

We go from "we're looking at options to help" to crickets chirping while they release information through a secondary source that those options aren't going to be forthcoming. Sylvaehne had it right in describing it as the "chicken way" of doing things.

Now when there's a problem and we see blue text that its being considered, we can't trust that. Actually, we can't even trust that they'll tell us the outcome of the issue in a straightforward manner. I won't speak for everyone but personally, that's another thing that makes me not trust a company that I'm giving money to, and that's not good.
85 Tauren Warrior
As I have seen in other postings, that looks just like the in-game ticket responses players were given and is probably the same policy given to the in-game GMs as mentioned in the screenshot posting done by Bobbyjoealex in post #714 earlier here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/Squigis00/WoWScrnShot_070711_144724.jpg

Edit: Either way, the clock is ticking and player patience is running thin as we just witnessed.
Edited by Tauranewone on 7/8/2011 8:30 AM PDT
70 Orc Warrior
Alright, so how many of the people who are complaining are in the top percentile of Arena players, and how many are just complaining about something insignificant?

I'd say this thread validates less than 10% of the actual complaining going on here.
85 Human Death Knight
Alright, so how many of the people who are complaining are in the top percentile of Arena players, and how many are just complaining about something insignificant?

I'd say this thread validates less than 10% of the actual complaining going on here.

I was paying minimal attention to this because I don't pvp very much at all. Seeing the way they handled this issue, however, upsets me because they are very likely to handle all issues like this and eventually it will be something I care greatly about.

Communication from Blizzard has been lackluster on important issues in the past. I don't have to be in the top 10% of anything in order to ask for the people who have a job because of the game we play to be clearer and more accurate in their information.

And the truth is that Blizzard will look at this reaction and say "this is why we don't give the players a lot of information". That isn't the issue. In fact, that's what caused the issue. They were not wrong to say they recognized the problem (in fact, it was encouraging to see that level of what I thought at the time was honesty). They were wrong to not give their decision in the same forum where they admitted the issue.
90 Draenei Shaman
07/08/2011 08:28 AMPosted by Bui
The problems affects everyone who bought the 365 gear last week, not just top arena players.

For example, I spent all my honor plus around 3k gold on gems/enchants on 365 gear thinking I would have it a long time. Now with 371 gear, all my 365 will be replaced in the next couple weeks. If I knew the 371 gear came out a week later, I would have saved my honor and gold.
85 Tauren Warrior
Good one Leaina, too true!

Same to you Sylv, They totally took Chicken stance!

Kudos to Tauranewone, you laid it out, brought us together and our voices were heard.

Those that stay will manage, those that leave will manage...Hopefully, I'll remember to /smile or /wave at all of you guys in a BG while I'm killing you. That is if I can manage to in my 365's

Thank you. As far as the chicken stance I'm not 100% sold on that yet. When a standard in-game response is drafted for those guys to use, they usually say "Refer to this support link for more information". I seriously hope this is the case and some decision will come very shortly.

Oh and please do /smile... it would be much better than what some players do using emotes. Oh and odds are you will do fine in i365s... I know I managed to slaughter quite a few last night in some random BGs I felt like doing.
90 Human Priest
Can anybody suggest a good alternative that runs on a mac? My friend went to SC2, but that doesn't appeal to me.
85 Tauren Warrior
07/08/2011 08:43 AMPosted by Molic
Can anybody suggest a good alternative that runs on a mac? My friend went to SC2, but that doesn't appeal to me.

Please don't start that here, we have done so well to stay relatively on topic for a change.
93 Undead Mage

The vast majority of the playerbase doesn't give 2 craps about the "top arena players".
Edited by Naphula on 7/8/2011 8:53 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
07/08/2011 08:49 AMPosted by Tauranewone

Please don't start that here, we have done so well to stay relatively on topic for a change.

As much as I am tempted to rage too I must agree with Tauraneone. Let's keep this thread on topic and hopefully we'll get another blue post...

#stayingpositiveishard
70 Orc Warrior
07/08/2011 08:42 AMPosted by Zarmara
The problems affects everyone who bought the 365 gear last week, not just top arena players.

For example, I spent all my honor plus around 3k gold on gems/enchants on 365 gear thinking I would have it a long time. Now with 371 gear, all my 365 will be replaced in the next couple weeks. If I knew the 371 gear came out a week later, I would have saved my honor and gold.

The difference in ilevel is negligible unless you're playing near perfectly enough for a marginal stat difference to matter. Having the 365 gear instead of the 371 isn't going to effect you much, if at all.
85 Goblin Shaman
07/06/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
The purpose was for people to spend their excess Honor Points on any leftover items, as once the next season starts players can't keep more than 4,000 HP to spend.

Just flat out awful. How are these designers still employed after numerous "oversights"?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]