i365 Vicious vs i371 Vicious - Comparison

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid

so i would like to know what Z meant by

seems one part of Blizz doesnt talk to another. <em/> <em/>

This simply means we are looking into ways in which we could alleviate the current issue that makes sense and is still fair to as many people as this has affected. Currently, support is unable to provide any recompense. Should this change or further action be possible on our end, we will let you all know. We don't want to promise something we can't deliver on and exacerbate the current situation.

We haven't done any of this intentionally nor is our intent to cause any further issues.

Same thing happened during last season when they completely changed how the Arena System works without any of it being in the notes... and the response was Ooops. Gimme a break this is your job and we are paying customers. Get it right.
90 Troll Hunter
07/08/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Sgtsnipe
I just grinded a 371 set, I will be very displeased if they upgrade the 365 to 371, it would be unfair, don't do this.

On the other hand - I'm WAITING to grind the 371. So if you DON'T do this, it would be unfair.
(See the problem Blizz has created for itself? Not an easy one to solve...)
85 Draenei Shaman
I'd say give us like a week of boosted honor win rate. At least...
85 Human Paladin
07/08/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Hoernbeme
I just grinded a 371 set, I will be very displeased if they upgrade the 365 to 371, it would be unfair, don't do this.

On the other hand - I'm WAITING to grind the 371. So if you DON'T do this, it would be unfair.

exactly
85 Draenei Paladin

They wouldn't have created this if they wouldn't have waited so long to address the issue..
Or even created the issue actually..
85 Night Elf Hunter
Apparently updating the armory to track your mounts/pets had more importance then this issue did.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
This is an MMORPG.

Let me rephrase that. This is A GIGANTIC, EPOCH SPANNING GRINDFEST OF TITANIC PROPORTIONS.

or rather, hey we heard you like to grind so we put some grinds in your grind so you could grind while you grind.

You're welcome.
85 Night Elf Warrior
07/08/2011 10:52 AMPosted by Alkayd
i don't see the problem here people, you all were reset to 4k honor at 4.2. if you grinded a full set of season 9 gear in that week, then you can turn around and grind a full set of season 10 gear this week

...and the gem and enchants that we spent on those items. You don't see a problem with all the time and gold that was wasted obtaining obsolete items? Huh.

85 Human Death Knight

This simply means we are looking into ways in which we could alleviate the current issue that makes sense and is still fair to as many people as this has affected. Currently, support is unable to provide any recompense. Should this change or further action be possible on our end, we will let you all know. We don't want to promise something we can't deliver on and exacerbate the current situation.

We haven't done any of this intentionally nor is our intent to cause any further issues.

sooooooooo what does that mean? Blizz hope you know that if you refuse to do nothing, you will lose subscribers. It might not mean much to you, but thik on this, all those unhappy people are going to pass on their experience to their friends, coworkers and family and you will not only lose current subscribers but future subscribers.

Blizzard isn't going to give you all free gear which, no matter how you state it, is what you are asking for. Move on grind out the new set of gear and get over it or go play something else.
85 Night Elf Druid
I find it funny that grinding honor gives 371 gear but grinding justice points only gives 346-359 gear. Seems like a fairly unbalanced system to me considering you can afk your way through the honor grind but it is much harder to do so with dungeons.
85 Gnome Priest
07/08/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Natiandal
Exactly. People are crying bloody murder and its not even the people that should be angry (the ones that bought s9 during the season with cp)

time is still time no matter how you obtain your gear. While I agree that it is a slap to the face for those that were in arena to get gear it is still time spent for others to grind out for the gear.

Yes, but they didnt force you to spend the time grinding the set. Like I said if they hadnt have put the honor set up for sale til the season started no one would be complaining.

The problem is they forgot it was AV weekend lol. If this had been EOTS or SOTA weekend half of you ppl wouldnt be here crying because you wouldnt have done the grind.

Most ppl did becuz they knew it was lol free honor AFKV weekend.

I bet there wont be another AV weekend when the season changes *ever* again.
85 Dwarf Mage

This means that nothing is going to be done. Which, I hadn't expected anything to be done, but after reading this earlier in the thread:

07/06/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
We agree that the mistakes made were very unfortunate and unfair to a lot of players. We're currently exploring some options to try and alleviate some of the misfortune many of you experienced while purchasing PvP gear in the last week.

I thought that there might actually be something in the works. I hate people that nitpick blue posters' every word, but it's a bit rude to get players' hopes up in this manner, then shoot them down again ~40 pages later.

If any of you happen to actually read this, I'm of the opinion that this "Season 9.5" gear was a bad idea to begin with. I don't think that people who are utilizing your arena/RBG system should find their gear inferior to BG heroes within the first week of the new season.
85 Night Elf Warrior

That's why they need to resolve this asap, even if it isn't a perfect solution.

If I have to grind out the 371, fine. I'll do it and harbor ill will to the people responsible for the patch notes, and the developers for the sloppy and lazy implementation of increased ilevel bloodthirsty with the same color... sheesh. Just don't leave us on the fence wondering what to do for several days at a key point in the season.
07/08/2011 09:49 AMPosted by Veztek
I've never felt so betrayed by a company I give over $400 a year.

Wait, what?

Uhm ... 15 X 12 = 180

So ... what?
85 Gnome Priest
07/08/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Suioh
I find it funny that grinding honor gives 371 gear but grinding justice points only gives 346-359 gear. Seems like a fairly unbalanced system to me considering you can afk your way through the honor grind but it is much harder to do so with dungeons.

Just stop...who cares about the ilvl difference between pve & pvp?

Its also not unbalanced because you can buy Honor with JP. So technically you can buy the full 371 set with JP without even doing any pvp so your argument is moot.
Edited by Sadismo on 7/8/2011 11:18 AM PDT
16 Troll Druid
[quote][quote]
I do have a question. I would like to know why a simple upgrade to the 365s bought during that week isn't feasible. For example, I vendored a relic right when cata came out because I didn't know that my totems were replaced by relics. When I discovered this fact it was three weeks after I vendored the item. I opened up a ticket and talked to a GM describing the situation. They were able to go back and look and restore my item even though three weeks had passed. So it's obvious that data logs are kept. I think this would be the easiest and fairest solution to the community.

Reading between the lines of what Blizzard has posted.....the problem is there isn't an easy 'one size fits all' solution that can be implemented without making one group or another upset.

Upgrade anything purchased last week to 371 and anyone who bought it during the season will feel slighted. I know I would on my main PVP toon. Why should people who honor farmed half afk in AV last weekend have better PVP gear than those who actually ran RBGs and arena?

Upgrade all 365 to 371 directly or by providing an exchange vendor and anyone who has upgraded on their own this week will feel slighted. Again, I know I would as on my main PVP toon I've already upgraded several pieces this week.

Upgrade all 365 to 371 and figure out who upgraded themselves this week and refund their honor and people will still be upset for loss of gems and chants. I know I've filled my upgrades with new gems and chants that were not free.

Upgrade all existing 365 to 371 and retain all gems and enchants. Refund honor to anyone who upgraded 365 to 371 themselves, as well as compensate them for loss of gems and enchants. Do it perfectly and do it soon and maybe, just maybe, everyone will be happy.

Do you think the last option is something they can do in a reasonable amount of time? Is it even something they will likely do? I do not.

Face it, now that several days have gone by it is more than likely nothing is going to be done. Time to move on. Either get busy playing or get busy quitting.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]